IVF February/March 2012

You sound pretty similar to us springy-we started ntnp jan 2010, started timing etc march /April 2010. Started seeing FS October 2010. Had 3 months of clomid with tracking Jan-mar 2011 which did nothing more than I was doing already but made me feel awful so refused to do 3 more months. Was told therefore to come back in 6 months to start IUI but got fed up so paid for a private cycle in July 2011 which was ok. I didn't respond brilliantly and then on EC day they couldnt access my left ovary as bowel was in the way! Very upsetting but they got 3 eggs all fertilised and 2 good quality were put back on day 2 but bfn sadly. So going with our nhs round now at different clinic. I have made a lot of lifestyle changes since last Ivf, mainly to do with work which I hope will help. Ivf is a good diagnostic tool for unexplained tho x

This time will you try to push for a later transfer? I know we are pushing for a day 5 blast transfer unless there is something that indicates on day 3 that they should go back.

What drugs are you using?

I used Gonal F for two of my injectable cycles and I responded really well the first time - I had 5 to 7 follicles release but had upwards of 12 brewing! So then when they had me do another cycle with them the cut the dose in half and I hardly responded - had only 2 follicles and only 1 of them released, boy did I ever feel like that was a total waste of $1500!!!!!

Will be interesting to see how aggressive they are with me when I do IVF and what protocol they use!

Yeah springy the plan this time is to up the stimming meds and try and get more eggs and get them to blast to see if they are having problems later down the line . However, this clinic (nhs cycle) say the generally only let them go to blast if they get over 5 eggs but I'll be pushing for it! X

Hoping AF will come mid February and start all of the IVF fun stuff then so nervous :wacko::dust:

Hey girls just checking in to say Hi!! I kinda lost my place in this thread but I promise to follow better starting now!!! I start my suprafect on Friday! So soon!!! Getting excited and I swear by the acupuncture, although I dont super enjoy it at the time, I have been feeling much more relaxed!!! Hope everyone is well :)

Springy THREE DAYS!!

Hi Ladies-
We will be starting our 1st IVF cycle as soon as I start my cycle. I am currently in the process of miscarrying. I am super excited about moving forward!!!
I really don't know what to expect. I do know she will put me on the pill first, then 20 day of injectibles! Yuck! I forgot to ask how many time per day I will have to inject myself!
I really look forward to getting to know all you gals!

Hey girls just checking in to say Hi!! I kinda lost my place in this thread but I promise to follow better starting now!!! I start my suprafect on Friday! So soon!!! Getting excited and I swear by the acupuncture, although I dont super enjoy it at the time, I have been feeling much more relaxed!!! Hope everyone is well :)

Springy THREE DAYS!!

Friday will be here before you know it!! This is finally starting!!!!!! :happydance:

Hi Ladies-
We will be starting our 1st IVF cycle as soon as I start my cycle. I am currently in the process of miscarrying. I am super excited about moving forward!!!
I really don't know what to expect. I do know she will put me on the pill first, then 20 day of injectibles! Yuck! I forgot to ask how many time per day I will have to inject myself!
I really look forward to getting to know all you gals!

Hi Ames :hi: welcome. Sorry to hear about the m/c :hugs: look forward to getting to know you!

Springy- I know and your appt is soooo soon!!!! That is so exciting you have to text me right after!!! haha

Ames- sorry about the m/c, the amount of injections you have to give yourself daily depends on your clinic and on your response!! Your RE will be able to give you a better idea!!!

AFM, 4 days till Suprafect!

Springy- I know and your appt is soooo soon!!!! That is so exciting you have to text me right after!!! haha

Ames- sorry about the m/c, the amount of injections you have to give yourself daily depends on your clinic and on your response!! Your RE will be able to give you a better idea!!!

AFM, 4 days till Suprafect!

LESS THAN 48 HOURS NOW!!!! I'm nervous, excited and scared all at the same time!! Not to worry I'll send a text as soon as I get home :hugs:

Are you picking up your meds today?

I am picking them up on Wednesday because my acupuncture appt is right beside the pharmacy!!..

cant wait for my text :)

I am picking them up on Wednesday because my acupuncture appt is right beside the pharmacy!!..

cant wait for my text :)

Wednesday will be a BUSY day for us!!!!! I am also going to get my Rubella booster on Wednesday. I read an article that Canada Public Health indicates only 1 month of not getting pregnant is enough after getting the vaccination so I'm good to go with getting it Wednesday and then starting the IVF after!

Hi ladies - I def know some of the names in here. I'm kind of a borderline February girl (had my ER on 2/5).

Springy - some people will never develop the rubella antibodies, so weird. Good luck with the appt, I will be thinking of you.

Berki - yayee for friday, the nasal spray is five times a day, right? That is a lot!!

Anyways, good luck everyone.

Picked up all our meds and had our meds training today. Will go in Thursday morning for a baseline scan and if all is well, will start down regging that night!

Lucie, I have my training on Thrusday too!!! We are on the same schedule!

Babydrms- I know sooo soon now woohoo, yep 5 times a day for 15 days.. def a lot.. haha

Springy- Wed will be a good day, can't wait to hear from you!!!!

I'm not having the nasal spray but a daily injection instead :( xx

Hi ladies - I def know some of the names in here. I'm kind of a borderline February girl (had my ER on 2/5).

Springy - some people will never develop the rubella antibodies, so weird. Good luck with the appt, I will be thinking of you.

Berki - yayee for friday, the nasal spray is five times a day, right? That is a lot!!

Anyways, good luck everyone.

You can be the first February BFP!!!! Interesting that some people will never develop them .... I'll ask tomorrow if its even worth my getting the booster shot!

Picked up all our meds and had our meds training today. Will go in Thursday morning for a baseline scan and if all is well, will start down regging that night!

Very exciting Lucie! I've stalked you silently via Titi and SG journals. SO excited for you to get started!!!

Lucie, I have my training on Thrusday too!!! We are on the same schedule!

Babydrms- I know sooo soon now woohoo, yep 5 times a day for 15 days.. def a lot.. haha

Springy- Wed will be a good day, can't wait to hear from you!!!!

I'll update as soon as we're out!

Hello Ladies - can I join you??

Starting my first IVF this month. On BCP's right now until the 13th and will start stimming on 2/18.

Excited to be moving forward!! Can't wait to see some of the BFP's come from the ladies that are already started this month.

:dust::dust::dust:

Welcome hockey. I hope you have an easy journey (or at least as easy as IVF gets)

Springy, I just wrote back to you in another thread but forgot to tell you that no I was so disappointed to get a white winter cup, they must be trying to use them all up, they gave me my grande in a venti cup!!!!

Lisa I think Id rather the injection once a day then trying to remember and take a nasal spray five times a day...

Babydrms- you are going to be our FIRST (of many) BFPS!!!

Lisa I think Id rather the injection once a day then trying to remember and take a nasal spray five times a day...

I asked my FS why they didn't use the nasal spray as i had heard most ppl use that and they said that they prefered injections for that reason. once it's done its done. She said they had too many women ringing in worried that they hadn't sprayed enough or at the correct time etc xxx

Hi Guys is it ok if I join your thread. I start my down reg nasal this Sat 11th Feb. First time at IVF. DH has a very low sperm count, last count was 1.2m. We are having NHS funded ICSI at Bourn Hall.

I have got DH to stop smoking, and we are eating healthy, going to gym etc etc. Trying to be positive about everything, i think its the only mind set to have really , i just cant wait to get started.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies.

xxx

Welcome and best of luck to you Linky, you will def find good support here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->