IVF February/March 2012

Hi ladies I've got my first consultation appointment tomorrow for egg-share ivf. I'm excited and scared at same time.
Ive got my fxed we all get our bfp's this year. Xx

:wave: Hello to all the new additions to the thread.

Well assuming everything goes well at tomorrow's us, I will start down regging tomorrow night. I am getting SOOOOO nervous.:wacko:

Morning ladies, just wondering if anyone has made changes in eating, excerise etc to prepare for the ivf.

Ive got my hubby to stop smoking, after lots of nagging and making him feel guilty, he finally gave into me lol. We are also eating lots more fruit, veg and salads, im sick of the stuff. Im also eating a few brazil nuts every day and taking a spoon of rating 15 manuka honey as i have heard honey is good for fertility.

love to hear your tips.

xx

I am eating LOADS of fruit and veg, OH has upping the fruit and veg but nowhere near as much as me. Not too bothered about that as he has grade A swimmers.

We have both cut out alcohol and i've also cut out caffiene.

I am trying to lose weight before it starts so joined SW again and go to the gym at least 3 times a week.

As i have PCOS i also want to help with egg quality so i'm eating loads of protein and take omega 3 fish oils every day xxx

yep we have given up alcohol aswell, (well me more then him), ive not had a drink since new years eve. Its amazing how much our social life revolves around drinking, every weekend someone is inviting us out, we have to make excuses to not go, just wanna avoid the situtation where they ask "why im not drinking", and then assume im pregnant, im sure you have all been there .

oh Linky I am going through the same thing, although not as bad cause I dont drink very often anyways, I often go to dinner or parties and end up being the DD (I have never been much of a drinker) but DH always gets a beer for dinner etc and neither of us have had a drink since NYE either, and its a pain to explain, you can only "be on antibiotcs" for so long... haha but its all worth it...
DH has been eating better and taking vitamins (since we are dealing with MFI), we have both given up drinking and caffeine ( neither of us were big caffeine ppl anyways) and DH has been exercising more as well hoping to help get the best quality sample for our cycle.

I picked up my suprafect yesterday and my ASA, both of them start tomorrow and DH and I have our cycle and injection teaching at the clinic this afternoon!

DH and I have both really cut back on alcohol, haven't totally cut it out, but maybe drink 1 or 2 a week now, if that! Our physician did tell us since we are unexplained that drinking in moderation isn't an issue. We were also told this about caffeine. I am down to drinking 2/3 decaf and once I start IVF I will go to straight decaf. Hubby only drinks one cup of coffee a day too so neither of us were at caffeine levels which would affect fertility.

We are both eating healthier & going to the gym. I have also started taking Coenzyme Q10 800 mg a day, 400 mg in the morning and 400 mg at night. This helps with egg quality so figured it can't hurt to try it!!!

Well assuming everything goes well at tomorrow's us, I will start down regging tomorrow night. I am getting SOOOOO nervous.:wacko:

:wohoo::wohoo:GOOD luck with the down regging! Are you using suprefact?

We have reduced our alcohol intake - but not eliminated entirely. Our FS said - a glass of wine here and there might be necessary to help us relax but to keep it in moderation.

I've also been hitting the gym hard since our last failed IUI in order to lose some of the weight I gained doing all the meds for IUI's. All the meds make it hard to exercise as bouncing around is hard on the full ovaries.

Also made my DH stop smoking cigars - which was tough.

Can I join in here too? I started down regging on Jan 30 and tomorrow is my first ultrasound and bloodwork appt; should start stimming tomorrow night with Follistum and Menopur. I was so freaked out to start the injections because I absolutely hate needles, but I found icing beforehand for a few minutes made things easier for me. I have had no side effects from the Lupron whatsoever, other then maybe a little more cramping when my cycle just started.

I am excited to start stimming, but very nervous as well! This is my first IVF cycle!

Good Luck to everyone this month!!!

We definitely cut down on alcohol, but since we are social drinkers - we just been avoiding. I def had a glass of wine here and there during the stimming process but I rarely finished it. I was honostly so thirsty all the time, I found it difficult to drink. Now of course I am on hiadous until post-transfer beta. Caffeine I been cutting out gradually. I started with half-calf and from there went down. My RE said I can have 1 solid cup of coffee a day and she didn't care it that was two half-caf's. DH doesn't drink it so it was not difficult for him. After retrieval I had strict instructions to stay away from caffeine and I have been because it can lead to OHSS...BTW, everyone should stock up on gatorade and coconut water. DH doesn't know how to find coconut water and I would much rather be drinking that than gatorade with it's artificial everything!

babydrms- sp excited to hear how your transfer goes tomorrow :) good luck!!! Did you decide how many you are going to put back, I think you were leaning towards 2?

babydrms- sp excited to hear how your transfer goes tomorrow :) good luck!!! Did you decide how many you are going to put back, I think you were leaning towards 2?

Thanks, we have to be there at 8:40 am...I think if we have a perfect blast we are just going to do one. We have talked about it a lot and I have not felt great since I started stimming...I am worried that if I end up with a complicated twin pregnancy I will regret the decision to have two put back. That being said, we are going to follow the advice of the RE and if they think we should do two, then we will. In that case, the risk would be outwayed by the fallout of having a failed cycle.

Kind of nervous...I really didn't like one of the nurses at my retrieval and really hope I don't see her again.

:wohoo::wohoo:GOOD luck with the down regging! Are you using suprefact?

Thanks Springy! I'll be using Lupron.

Got the all clear at my apt this morning, so in a little over a half an hour, we will be doing our first Lupron shot!

Good luck for your transfer tomorrow babydrms!

babydrms... Send me a pm and let me know how you make out, I am not gonna be around much this weekend as the inlaws are visiting ! I am totally thinking the same way that you are!! Best of luck!! Have a good weekend everyone!!

New in this thread, had my second EC today. Have severe OHSS but doing well. Have 31 eggs this time around. Hoping for good quality. Waiting on a call tomorrow for fertilization. Good luck to all of you. Hoping this is my last retrieval. Things steam rolled out of control very quickly and unexpectedly. I don't think any step of all of this will every be easy for me.

i'm new to this thread too...thought i'd jump over here from the jan ivf thread. i have been stimming for the past 11 days and i trigger tonight...in 40 min :). my ER is on Saturday morning. i'm nervous.

Good luck tomorrow babydrms

CanAmFam - will you be doing an egg transfer this round, or will they hold off because your ohss? i'm sorry you have that, are you in a lot of pain?

Not sure on transfer yet. Have to see embryo quality and how I'm recovering. I had OHSS in june but it was mild and tolerable this time was more scary. I was having heart trouble and they do think that my E2 was close to 6000 by surgery time. Thankfully i've been able to recover quite well with my cabergoline and fluids. They said they will do a Transfer if my health looks good. As for my ovaries, they feel a ton better. The retrieval was tougher and I have pain from the aspirations. I have more bleeding than I should but I point the finger at an eager Doctor.( had no bleeding in june retrieval with different doctor-mine was on vacation!) So taking it easy and hoping for fantstic numbers tomorrow.

The pain is worse at night. Working with the hyperstimu!ation was terrible. Work with three year olds and by Wednesday I couldn't do anything other than stand.

Good luck all of you. I'm hoping for lots of totsicles to avoid further retreivals

Hope the OHSS clears up and you can transfer this month! If not I'll keep my fingers crossed for a successful FET.

Look forward to hearing the fertilization report.

Babydr - GOOD LUCK with the transfer! Can't wait to hear how it goes and how many you put back. All my fingers and toes are crossed for you girl!!!!

It was a rough SET of a Perfect blast (they all kept commenting on how pretty it was - you could see the fetal pole and what will become placenta - CRAZY!) They recommended one, and we aren't trying to push fate any further at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->