IVF February/March 2012

I had my d&c on Friday evening; the procedure itself went quickly, but its the recovery part I am not dealing well with. Even though I have to be at work today, I am so exhausted and feel like crawling under my desk to sleep. It really wipes you out, makes you so extremely tired and with no energy. I have pain meds, but really cannot take them when I have to drive home today. I am glad it is over with so I can finally move on from this. The dr thinks it was something genetic and was gonna have some testing done, based on what comes back, he said he may have me come in for some testing before I start another round of IVF.

I'm so sorry Michelle! Definitely going to be some grieving time and you are completely allowed. How long does the doctor think you'll need to wait before you can try IVF again?

Michelle I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you start to feel better soon so you can move on.

I'm back with RE tomorrow to see what I'm doing next, I think a D&C may be on the cards for me too :(

Pink x

I had my d&c on Friday evening; the procedure itself went quickly, but its the recovery part I am not dealing well with. Even though I have to be at work today, I am so exhausted and feel like crawling under my desk to sleep. It really wipes you out, makes you so extremely tired and with no energy. I have pain meds, but really cannot take them when I have to drive home today. I am glad it is over with so I can finally move on from this. The dr thinks it was something genetic and was gonna have some testing done, based on what comes back, he said he may have me come in for some testing before I start another round of IVF.

:hugs:

I cant imagine what u ladies are going thru..hang in there.

Ystday we actually discussed adoption with dh..we r still gonna try IVF and naturally but am not sure i want to be stressing abt this for 10yrs,we were blessed once,it can happen again,either way we r going to look into it.

I cant imagine what u ladies are going thru..hang in there.

Ystday we actually discussed adoption with dh..we r still gonna try IVF and naturally but am not sure i want to be stressing abt this for 10yrs,we were blessed once,it can happen again,either way we r going to look into it.

We've actually started talking adoption as well. Trying to decide whether to try donor eggs or just skip right to adoption. Both are incredibly expensive and carry different risks. :flower:

I'm so sorry Michelle! Definitely going to be some grieving time and you are completely allowed. How long does the doctor think you'll need to wait before you can try IVF again?

Thank you! I do need time to grieve and heal. I have to wait until my next cycle and probably can start the cycle following that. They are doing chromosome testing from what they took with the d&c and based on that, I may have to have more testing done before my next cycle. I am hoping no later then July I can start again.

I am sorry to hear you may have to have a d&c as well Pink! I would definitely take at least 5 days off from it; my nurse told me after 2 days I should be OK. That was NOT the case; I needed at least 5 and a week would have been even better. :hugs:

:hugs:How are you doing Michelle and Pink. My heart goes out to you

Pink - must be so horrible. :( Emotionally & physically. I pray you will have the strength to heal from this dreadful day. Did they say how long you have to wait to try again?

I am sorry Pink. Give yourself time to rest & heal...in a week, you will feel much better. :hugs:

Thanks ladies

The D&C went well but it's been hard emotionally.

Thanks for all the support and kind words. Think we're gonna do the next cycle in August, I will be a mummy and have my baby :)

"it'll all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"

Pink xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->