IVF February/March 2012

Thanks Goldy; things did not seem to go so well. I am waiting for my levels to come back this afternoon, but right now I am confused more then anything. Last week when I went in, the tech said she saw a small sac, but nothing else. Today, another tech said she did not see anything more then last weeks results; and even showed me on the screen. Now they are questioning if they even saw a sac. I am supposedly 7 weeks tomorrow and they should see something, including a heartbeat, but there is nothing. I am devastated, upset and confused!!

Thanks Goldy; things did not seem to go so well. I am waiting for my levels to come back this afternoon, but right now I am confused more then anything. Last week when I went in, the tech said she saw a small sac, but nothing else. Today, another tech said she did not see anything more then last weeks results; and even showed me on the screen. Now they are questioning if they even saw a sac. I am supposedly 7 weeks tomorrow and they should see something, including a heartbeat, but there is nothing. I am devastated, upset and confused!!

hello michelle,the way ur beta is increasing i think things sh'd be fine.i do hope u c a heart beat soon.x

hello michelle,the way ur beta is increasing i think things sh'd be fine.i do hope u c a heart beat soon.x

Thank you! Today's levels should be a good indication of what is going on; should get those within an hour or so. If they went down, well, then that explains what is going on, if they have increased, then I will more confused then anything.

Michelle - sorry for what you are going through, it does sound confusing. I guess they will know more when you get you bw results. I wonder if it could be the equipment or maybe bc it implanted late. Hopefully you get some answers soon. Everything crossed for you!

Talked to the nurse, my hcg went to 3631, but they suspect a molar pregnancy. Basically it mimics pregnancy, but there isn't anything there. Right now I feel so numb and empty :cry: They want to review it with the dr tomorrow, but will most likely bring me in monday for an u/s with him and if he thinks that is what it is, then a d&c will be scheduled.

Michelle - So so sorry :hugs:

I'm holding onto hope that it is not a molar pg as they haven't confirmed it yet. You must feel so horrible facing that possibility. FX that there is an embryo in there. You don't deserve this.

I'm so sorry Michelle. This is so upsetting, plus waiting for doctor to review and check again would make anyone impatient. I wish there was something we could do. :hugs:

Michelle and Seole I'm so so sorry. I wish there was something I could do. Praying for you both.

Marie, congrats on your bfp. Sounds like your dh knew all along.

Praying and hoping all of you in the 2ww get bfps and the pregnant women have a healthy 9 months

Talked to the nurse, my hcg went to 3631, but they suspect a molar pregnancy. Basically it mimics pregnancy, but there isn't anything there. Right now I feel so numb and empty :cry: They want to review it with the dr tomorrow, but will most likely bring me in monday for an u/s with him and if he thinks that is what it is, then a d&c will be scheduled.

I am so sorry Michelle I hope that it isn't a molar pregnancy. There is nothing worse than going to an ultrasound and having them doubt what they see. That is the moment you realize you won't be satisfied and at ease until you are holding your baby. With my first m/c they said they saw a heartbeat even showed me a flutter and then said oh maybe it was never a heartbeat it is the worst feeling in the world. I really hope that this isn't the case I will definitely have you in my prayers. Feel free to vent and make sure to cry and let it out it is the only thing that helps.

Marie Congrats on your BFP.

Pinkgirl thanks for your prayers we really need them.

AFM I had my follow up with the doc today. My uterus and ovaries are all back to normal :cry: I was so sad to see that. I am waiting for my next period to come which with me we never know so it could be 4 weeks it could be 5 months. Sucks but after that we will start FET. I have my in laws in town so I haven't had time to think much which is good and bad. But to vent a little I got so mad at DH today after my appointment. The in laws were with us cause the doctor is in downtown so we figured we would sightsee after that as we are walking out of the hospital I started crying I haven't cried since Saturday when I found out because they are here Ive been really holding it in and DH tells me don't cry just think of something happy so you don't cry. I go excuse me I have been really good about not crying haven't been able to grieve so that they don't feel bad just give me a freaking minute to get it out. He immediately apologized. Anyways that is my rant I hope all you other ladies are doing well.

Oh Seoul, I am so sorry for you too! I really hope you get your cycle in 4 weeks so you can try again!

I am waiting for the nurse to call me this morning; I suspect they will have me come in on Monday for the doctor to do the u/s so he can figure out what is going on. From what I have read on the medical sites, molar pg is very rare and in fact if it is that, I cannot try to concieve again for one year; the risk of the tumor/cells coming back is very high. They will have to monitor me for the year with regular blood tests to make sure the hcg doesn't increase. I have never dealt with something so difficult before; my DH is being supportive, but he keeps saying we can try again. I don't know if I can emotionally do this again; at least right now I cannot make that decision.

Michelle it is not over yet. How do you feel. Sometimes your inner feelings matters. Hang in there before making decisions. I would think that those numbers are normal at this time.

Praying for you today

Oh Michelle I really hope that isn't the case! Your DH wants it to be ok so badly and I truly think they don't understand why it has to be so complicated. Just remember this is also very hard on him. Other than you he is the second person that has cared the most about that child, I always try to remember that because it is easy to take it out on them no ones pain not even his is going to be bigger than yours but he is the closest its going to get. Only you will know when you are ready to try again but try to stay positive it still isn't over. As long as those numbers are rising as they should you shouldn't loose all hope the machine they use as well as many different things can have different effects on what they see in the embryo. I ready a story of a lady who was told something similar and they had scheduled a D&C and all she skipped the D&C because of some party or something and when she went back and did an ultrasound there was the sac the baby and a beating heart. Don't lose all hope! I will be praying for you! Going through all of this sucks and I hope that it turns out well for you.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

The nurse called and the doctor thinks its just an abnormal pg; I don't understand how that is possible if my hcg levels are continuing to rise. How can they make that decision; I am so confused. If it is a molar, I can understand and that would explain the rising hcg levels.

They want me to come in Tuesday for another u/s and if they don't see anything, they have me scheduled for a d&c on Wednesday at the hospital.

Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry your having to go through this and having to continue to wait through the weekend for any answers. I've never heard of a molar pregnancy but I pray its not that - especially with a year to wait to try again.:hugs::hugs:

Seoul - :hug: I hate it when my DH tells me to suck it up and put on that happy face and I've never even had the BFP so I can't even imagine how difficult it is for you right now. I'm sure I missed the postings - but what is going on that could take your period so long to come back?

The nurse called and the doctor thinks its just an abnormal pg; I don't understand how that is possible if my hcg levels are continuing to rise. How can they make that decision; I am so confused. If it is a molar, I can understand and that would explain the rising hcg levels.

They want me to come in Tuesday for another u/s and if they don't see anything, they have me scheduled for a d&c on Wednesday at the hospital.

oh michelle...am so sorry,i really hope ot isnt what they suspect..and i wouldnt do the d&c..i w'd wait n c what happened,i've heard of drs making those mistakes many man times...i hope it is good news for u michelle.BIG HUG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->