IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

Bombo -- Yes, everyone's protocol is very different! Depends on doctors and diagnosis. I am feeling fine so far. Waiting for your update!

Angie -- I've stimmed anywhere from 9-11 days.

Could I ask if this opk looks pos or neg?

Looks very close to positive but I am not certain 100% positive already

I assumed it was positive as they looked equal to my eyes but the fact you can see it negative makes me think twice. In the past I've never had such a strong opk so early in my cycle. They normally build up in colour towards ovulation. I had ovulation cramps that day too but they've gone now!
I'm truly baffled. But very happy you say it's negative because that means I'm still in for this cycle wooooo 😀

Star, so the FET all in all takes pretty much as long as a long protocol. I'm amazed I thought it would be a lot shorter. Could I ask you what caused you to become overstimulated? I am sorry your second FET ended up being a blighted ovum.
I'm happy we will be at similar dates for transfer 😊 can't wait for march x

How long do you ladies have to stim for? Or how long have you stimmed for?

Hi angie, welcome and good luck for this cycle of IVF. I've been told I'll be stimming for two weeks but also been told it may change depending on scans.

Angie, I stimmed for 10 days

Lana, I know I can't wait I'm so impatient now! Fets can be shorter if my liner is thicker after a week of estrogen then transfer is 5 days later but both times my lining hasn't been ready which is a pain!
I don't know why I over stimulated, it wasn't badly, had 35 follicles and out of them 21 eggs and they say anything over 20 eggs at my clinic they do a freeze all, which resulted in dd
I had another weeks of Injections to prevent blood clots but it didn't get bad, I just responded too well to stimming!

I think I'm stimming for 10-12 days Angie, I guess I'll find out soon.
Went in for a blood test, results in a few hours will determine what next. I just binged my heart out ... burger, fries, coke (the works ;/) Can I say the hormones made me? lol I'm already so bloated as is

Ah well

beneath- Thanks for explaining the banking thing. It sounds like an awesome plan!

bombo- I'm sorry the meds have been so rough on you. Hope you're able to cut down on your doses a bit after today.

lana- That's great that your clinic is so convenient for you. I agree that OPK is not quite positive yet. Don't worry, I'm behind too & likely won't transfer until mid to late March.

secret- Congrats on the fab five! :happydance: Hope they continue to grow well.

angie- welcome! I'm glad you're able to cycle at a place you feel comfortable. Best of luck to you this time around!

AFM, I'm 4DPO today so really just waiting around until I get my inevitable BFN and start AF. This time next week, I'll (hopefully) be getting baselines at my clinic and starting BCP!

Bimbo -- we all need a little binge session once in a while!!

Scooby -- you're welcome :) hope time goes by fast for you!!

Update of the day for me! all 5 are still going strong! Transfer set for Wednesday. She said they won't all make it to blast stage (appx 40%) so we will put one in and hopefully have one to freeze!!

Angie, I stimmed for 10 days

Lana, I know I can't wait I'm so impatient now! Fets can be shorter if my liner is thicker after a week of estrogen then transfer is 5 days later but both times my lining hasn't been ready which is a pain!
I don't know why I over stimulated, it wasn't badly, had 35 follicles and out of them 21 eggs and they say anything over 20 eggs at my clinic they do a freeze all, which resulted in dd
I had another weeks of Injections to prevent blood clots but it didn't get bad, I just responded too well to stimming!

Oh I see, so longer time on the estrogen is needed lengthening the process. So really the overstimulation worked out fantastically. And blimey 21 eggs, did you feel extremely bloated at that point? I feel bloated enough each month with 1 egg. Sorry for lots of questions.
On the subject of lining I remember with my first and only miracle baby boy I was told by nurse scanning me that my lining was 'too thin' to be pregnant or support a pregnant. I cried for a week until my next follow up scan and then they saw the sac.

So we must find some patience... March feels ages away lol.
Scooby too, how will we wait this long arrrrgh!

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I had my ultrasound and blood work this morning. Nothing to count as follicles are still too small and ovaries are quiet. Nurse said my Estradiol levels are low for cycle day 4; it is 94. She said it was still really early though. So I will stim for next three nights and go back in Thursday morning.

That's excellent Secret!

Thanks ladies, unfortunately the dose stays the same for the next three days with the added cetrotide. I drank a lot of water today to hopefully flush it out, a bit better. My dr will see me again Thursday to determine EGg Collection date, estimated Monday. Estradiol is great and lining looks good, it was the same last time though so trying not to get my hopes up by staying hopeful at the same time lol

Getting mild anxiety just waiting for it all to be over, it was so much easier the first time not knowing what to expect. Bring it on Thursday !

Hope it speeds up Scooby, for once it's not a disaster to see AF since you're starting straight after

Great news secret! Hope all well today

Lana, I actually felt OK really, luckily!
I hope af doesn't make me wait to start

Ahh bomb, it will be over soon and yoy will soon be pupo! Hope ec is Monday for you

Angi, good luck for Thurs!

Hi Ladies,
I hope everyone is doing fantastic. My AF finally decided to arrive on Saturday and I started BCP until Feb 18th. Then, baseline ultrasound and blood work with retrieval on March 6th. I'm so excited and so nervous that I just cried. This has been an emotional time and not sure what expect. It has been disappointment after disappointment, a little light at the end of the tunnel would be awesome. I saw this on another post and wanted to share.

Almighty Creator, hear this fertility prayer and the wishes of my heart. You know my deep desire for a child -- a little one to love and to hold, to care for and to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive through in vitro and give birth to a beautiful healthy baby in your image. Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy, and my baby's birth are in line with your will. Heavenly Father, hear this prayer of my mind, heart, and spirit. Amen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->