• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

October -- beautiful prayer!

AFM: i had my first monitoring appt day after four days of stims. everything was still fairly small, next scan is Friday so hopefully we see more growth then! fx!

October, glad things are moving along, not long now

Beneath, seems like it's going really quick, glad scan was all good

Thank you Star

October hang in there, it is an emotional ride and cry when you need to cry, I find holding it in helps nobody! Lots of hugs and praying you have a successful cycle! Thank you for sharing this lovely prayer dear!

Goodluck on Friday beneath! My second scan is scheduled for tomorrow, Fxed for you

Just a side note - a friend of mine miscarried on her first round of IVF and her second was a BFP - she gave birth this morning to two healthy boys! Such good news and gave me tons of hope. She's been ttc for about 3-4 years now.
Also - increased water intake does help a lot for those of you with high doses, feeling better already

secret- Thinking of you today hun. Have everything crossed you get good news & things go according to plan!

angie- Hope things keep growing & your E2 levels climb :)

October-Hooray for starting! You're about a week ahead of me. I know what you mean, I've been super emotional too. We're almost there. :hugs:

beneath- FX for Friday! I'm so glad things are moving along for you.

bombo- FX for your scan tomorrow! I've heard that tip on drinking water before but thank you for the reminder. I'm sure I'll be on high stims too so I've got to remember that.

AFM, hubby and I completed our IVF class last night (finally, after it was cancelled 2 weeks in a row). I was worried they would cancel again because we had snow last night, but it all worked out. It was interesting & informative. So that was the last thing on our checklist. Now, just waiting for AF and it all begins...

I'll be starting a short protocol fresh cycle as soon as AF is here, in about 3 weeks. :)

Thanks scooby I think everything went good today transferred one grade 5aa blast and we have two possibly three they are going to freeze today!

Don't be scared about the class. Seriously after the second day the needles are nothing!

Glad everyone's doing ok.

Myshelsong, how are you doing?

Can't wait to start down reg on 14th and have my scratch. Seems so far! I haven't ovulated yet so hoping af will hold off. A few more days then timing will be fine.

3chords- Welcome! We'll be cycle buds :)

secret- Congrats on being PUPO!!! :happydance: Wow isn't 5AA like the best of the best? That's really amazing and 2 or 3 to freeze is AWESOME!!! FX so hard for you!

lana- I hope everything works out with your timing :) I can't believe it's already February.

Thanks scooby, you're right it's February already and March just around the corner. Not long for us to get started. Glad you liked the IVF class. I was shown once how to prep the medications for injecting but was so long ago have forgotten now.

Has anyone been told to have a high protein diet whilst doing the IVF?

I haven't a clue about grading of the embryos/blasts!
Did all you ladies that have already had ec/transferred feel ok to go to work and normal activities? (I know day of EC you need off because of sedative)

Lana - I think the only time you need a high protein and high sodium diet is if you are developing OHSS. You wouldn't know that until time of retrieval really, though some of the early clues are very high estrogen. I had OHSS once, it was horrible and I drank Gatorade and ate McDonald's fries literally for days.

I always went to work the day after the egg retrieval and transfer. My clinic doesn't advocate for bed rest or anything, so whatever you're comfortable with.

Star -- Things are going quick!

Bombo -- Thank you. Good luck at your scan tomorrow as well!

Scooby -- Thanks, love =) Yay for finally completing your IVF class. Hope AF shows soon.

3chord -- Welcome, hun! Excited for you to be cycling again soon.

Secret -- Yay! PUPO! And awesome that you have some to freeze as well. Great news all around.

Lana -- The 14th will be here in no time!! FX af holds off for you.

Sorry if I missed anyone out, just a quick catch up for me! Nothing new here but starting Gani tomorrow!

Hi guys!
Can I join?
I've been lurking reading posts for the last few weeks. I just finished birth control on Monday in preparation for first IVF cycle. Today was first injections.
Yay secret- 5aa is awesome!
As far as high protein, I haven't heard that but my RE did say lower carb could help.....
Wishing everyone baby dust!
oxox

Welcome db, good luck with your cycle :)

Hi 3c, sorry to see you had a chemical, glad we're in the same thread again, 3rd time!

Secret, amazing news, when is test day?

I haven't heard of a high protein diet

After ec I just rested the rest of the day and transfer I rested on sofa for the rest of the day then carried on as normal but a bit more careful eg) didn't hoover Haha all mu clinic say is no hot baths or showers as can hinder implantation

Scooby, glad you're all set to go!

Hello 3chords, thank you. My clinic told me to have a high protein diet. I just wondered why. I guess they're telling me to do this as a precaution incase of ohss.
Good luck for your IVF in 3 weeks from now. We will be cycling around the same time hopefully.

Wanted to ask all you ladies if you have temped/charted in the past? Ive had a big temp rise this morning and prior two days low temps with opks that looked very close positive. Just wondering if this could have been ovulation? I know I have to wait 3 days to confirm.
I normally have very clear positive opks, that slowly grow in strength towards the 'surge' I've never had opks getting stronger and weaker and stronger again like this month.

Lol star, no hoovering for us then ��
I literally never have time for a bath though.

Hey girls ☺️ Can I join? I've been stalking your thread for the last few days reading all your posts I remember some of you from previous threads like beneath in 2015 we wer in the same thread that was the last time I cycled till now so a bit of back round on me I have ds from 1st ivf in 2012 he will b 4 yrs old in march so I tried again in August 2015 with bfn then I tried again in November 2015 and bfn again so this is my forth ivf I've started synarel nasal spray on 23rd Jan and I'll be on that for two weeks until my appointment on Monday for a scan and blood work so if all is quite at the scan I should be starting stims next Thursday I hope I will cycling with some of ye

Secret- congrats on being pupo lots of baby dust your way and I remember the cycle I got pregnant with my son they told me mine was a Grade 5a and she said that was really good quaility so iam very hopeful for you when is your test date?

lana- I've never heard of a high protein diet for IVF but it sounds harmless enough. I used to temp & it does sound like you probably O'd yesterday. I use OPK's and the brand I've used for years changed recently. They're less sensitive now, and I find I need to test more often to catch the surge & it isn't a clear rise like it used to be. Hope that helps!

db- welcome! Good luck with your injections. This is my 1st IVF too :)

tiff- Welcome! Hope you find success again this time around. Have they changed your protocol at all since the last time?

Hope everyone else is doing well today. Looks like this thread is about to get very busy! :dust: to everyone!

Scooby- ya in my first ivf I was on the short protocol and had my son from that so when I went back for the second ivf they tried to mimic my previous one but it ended in bfn so they changed me to long protocol on the third ivf but that ended in bfn aswell I was on purgeon injections on all three ivfs but this time they have changed me to gonal f I don't why they did that but anyway my doc wanted to do some tests to see if there was any reason the embryo wasn't sticking after my last bfn my doc also sent me for a d&c before xmas because she thought the lining of my womb might have been to thick for the embryos to implant but everything was perfect so done the bloods and she found I have lupus colalgeyents (I totally probably spelled that wrong) in my blood so iam high chance of miscarriage, high blood pressure, clots, still birth, going into early labour etc even tho I had absolutely none of that with my son I went 4 days over due but she said now that they no I have it they have to treat me for it so I'll be starting low dose of aspirin and innohep injection from et so basically they just changed from short protocol to long, purgeon injections to gonal f they have risen my dose a bit aswell and then just the aspirin and innohep injections from et sorry for the rant but it's just been so much going on with me and it feels so good to be able to talk to girls that's actually going through the same thing as me I don't really like talking about it with my family even tho there very supportive I just feel like iam rambling all the time so now at least I have ye guys to talk to and ye actually no what iam talking about lol �� I wish you lots of luck with ur ivf I have a feeling this is going to be a lucky year for us all

Welcome tiff, sounds like you have been through it with testing, wishing you lots of luck for stimms next Thurs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->