• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

Scooby- I am handling the meds fairly well. I don't produce a lot of eggs, so no hyperstimulation here. The nurse told me egg retrieval would be mid to late next week. I can't believe how quickly it is going. I have a scan and bloodwork today. Hoping things are still looking good!

Angie, good luck today, let us know how it goes. I am low responder too but never done IVF so we'll see how many I get. My ER is the following week. I have first ultrasound after starting meds on Monday.

Lana- yay you are in this cycle! whohoo

Yes scooby, A winter baby would be best for me because I am in US so not a lot of maternity leave. I am a teacher so I will take off the rest of the school year then back to work in the fall. If I have a summer baby I could take a few months off but missing the first months of school is tough. Teachers that have done it say they never felt like the class was theirs, never full control. But we'll see I'd be happy with a baby at anytime!

Ah I've read about the nasal spray. Is that a once a day thing? How are you finding that tiff? Any side affects?
I'll be on suprecur injections when I start, but that won't be until feb 14th. The days are dragging and it's not started yet lol this will be a long ride

It's twice a day for me 8am and 8pm I had it it irritates my nose nd the only side effects I feel like iam getting is iam a bit hormonal like moody for no reason and I've cried a few time for nothing aswell lucky me I've never heard of suprecur injections but I'd say they do the same ting Oh I hear ya on the days dragging I've nearly been 2 weeks on synarel nd it feels like a life time I can't wait to stop taking it but that won't b till ec I wish I was that stage I hate all the waiting around

Dancing- welcome I'll only b about a week behind you

Welcome dancing, good luck. Are you on a long or short protocol?

Oh tiff your poor nostrils lol but you're half way there :) I honestly would choose injection over a nose squirt, but when it gets to two injections a day for two weeks I think I won't be so happy. I'm really hating the waiting around too, but it'll be worth it hopefully. All in the name of babies :D

Sorry I forgot to update yesterday. My estradiol levels jumped from 439 to 910, and actually saw more follicles and a lot of growth! This time I had five on the right and four on the left. There were multiple other follies but not measurable at this time. I go back tomorrow at 145.

sounds good Angie! I go in 7:45am for first check after starting stimms. I wonder if anything will show up yet.

Do the meds make anyone feel sick? Yesterday was day 2 of follistim and about 3 hours after I felt feverish, achy, headache along with the expected ovary cramping, sensations. This morning I was fine but just headache. I know I got headaches after gonal f shots during IUI. I think I read its something about estrogen? We'll see tonight if that sick feeling comes back after my shot.....

How is everyone holding up?

That's amazing angie, hope tomorrow goes well too. How many appointments do you have between starting stims and EC?

Db, how sick are you feeling? Are your side effects barable? Hope they ease off soon.

I got migraines when taking bc when originally attempting this IVF, they would hit me after about 45min or so of taking the pill and then after I couldn't move for the whole day and was in a zombie like state...couldn't even talk. (That's why fiancé called clinic!) clinic told me the high amounts of estrogen and progesterone in pill were making my blood vessels constrict too much causing the migraines :-|

Day 3 of stims down. I am bruising now from injections. Also starting to get very emotional. Tried explaining to my husband how I was feeling and he was like you can control your hormones. Ugh really

DB, good luck in the morning with your first scan. Don't get discouraged if nothing shows yet. They are there just may not be measurable yet. The meds haven't taken much effect on me yet. Normally the progesterone gives me the most side effects. I don't start that until after egg retrieval.

Lana, I started stims on January 27 and had my first scan Monday the 30th, and then February 2nd, February 4th, and again tomorrow the 6th. Once things start to grow more they usually want to see you every other day until retrieval.

Good luck today angie, although sounds like you don't need it!

Db, hope you feel better soon, I felt ok with mine but different meds affect differently, hope scan goes well today

After, cd18, hoping after arrives naturally around cd35 but if not go for scan to check all is OK then start provera to induce af

Had am scan, said still early but looks like 3 follicles on right, 4 on left. I'm happy that i'm responding somewhat. Last night I felt better so maybe the feverish sicky was a one time thing! Saturday night I was thinking "there is no way I can handle another week at least of this!". Next scan Wed am. Doctor said today ER anytime from Mon-Fri next week!

Dancing- ughh they just don't get it! Hang in there!

angie- That's great you're not getting too many side effects and 9 follies is awesome! Good luck with your appointment today. I can't believe you're already doing egg retrieval this week! How many stims were you on a day?

db- I'll be happy with a baby any time of year too. Almost everyone in my family was a winter baby, me included, so we're all used to it. Glad your scan went well!

dancing- welcome! I'm sorry your DH isn't being more sympathetic. I hear ice packs can help with the bruising if you use them just after your shot.

AFM, started spotting last night! Hoping I get full on AF today so I can call my RE and go in tomorrow for baselines. Then it's BCP for 2-3 weeks before I can get started with stims. More waiting, but at least things are moving in the right direction finally :)

Scooby- I am on Leuprolide 10 units in the am, and then Leuprolide 10 units, low dose HCG 30 units, and 450 Follistim in the pm. So four separate shots a day. It has went very quickly!

DB, good luck in the morning with your first scan. Don't get discouraged if nothing shows yet. They are there just may not be measurable yet. The meds haven't taken much effect on me yet. Normally the progesterone gives me the most side effects. I don't start that until after egg retrieval.

Lana, I started stims on January 27 and had my first scan Monday the 30th, and then February 2nd, February 4th, and again tomorrow the 6th. Once things start to grow more they usually want to see you every other day until retrieval.

Wow that's so thorough. My clinic has only booked me in for 2 scan and possibly a third between starting stims and EC. Hope two is enough for them to monitor me. Good luck for your scan tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->