IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

Tiff I test tomorrow. I'm getting really anxious to the point of not being able to sleep.

I was also extremely exhausted yesterday and had some aches and cramping all through the night. Thought period was on it's way, but nothing this morning.

Ark- oh so sorry honey. That sucks.

Bombo- I love your attitude! Good luck with the new dr.

Angie- omg yes you must be nervous. My RE said towards the end you could feel "premenstrual" and even bleed.

Tiff- yay for that report from embryologist. Sounds great.

Paislee- Like others have said I heard that PGS normal trumps grade so you got a great embie!

AFM- only 2dp5dt and already bugging out. Going back and forth between "it worked, yay" and "not me, this would never happen for me" Have a great day everyone oxox

beneath- thank you for making me less nervous about the Pregnyl shot :)

ark- I'm so sorry hun.:hugs: I hope you're doing ok.

paislee- You gotta keep hope alive!

dancing- Did you have someone do the shot for you?

bombo- Great advice on taking the injections one day at a time. Your RE sounds just terrible. That actually makes me really angry. Compassion should be part of your treatment, especially when it comes to infertility. I really hope you like your new RE! I'm glad you're coming to terms with everything.

tiff- 5 embies sounds wonderful! Hopefully you get 2 put back in and 3 to freeze :) Best of luck on Sunday!

angie- Eeek! I can't wait until tomorrow. FX for you!!!

db- I hope you can find something to help you keep your mind off of everything. Try & stay positive!

Morning ladies,
It is one day past our results of our first ivf.. we are doing ok thanks for all of the love and support. Hardest part was having my DH call and give me the news as he completely sobbed. (He is always the positive and optimistic one so having to help him keep his head up was heartbreaking for me) We are still praying diligently for all of you.

12-5-15: Failed vasectomy reversal
02-07-17: DH TESA sperm retrieval
02-08-17: egg retrieval, retrieved 13 eggs, 9 fertilized with icsi, 4 made it to day 5
02-13-17: Transfer day, one 4AA embryo
02-22-17: #1 IVF failed beta test
03-13-17: we start #2 IVF

I was pretty stern with my clinic on transferring two embryos the next time. I was disappointed they gave us such a hard time for our first transfer on only doing 1 embryo. My age may have been perfect but I have always had very irregular periods and pcos. They kept reassuring us that I was a perfect candidate and would only allow one embryo to be transferred. Next time there will be TWO!

Thanks again ladies..hugs to all

I think every single one of you ladies is super strong for going through this journey. I admire all of you and am thankful for this group as it gives me more strength.

I'm 10 days into down reg now and for 3 days now have been getting migraines. I've realised must be the suprecur now as its 3rd day with it and they're only getting worse. I am just praying I can bare with these migraines. I feel dizzy and a bit nauseous too from them. I've tried paracetamol and nurofen and lots of water with no joy.
Did anyone else get these migraines? And did anything help you?

Angie what are you going to test with? I can imagine how excited/anxious you are !
Lots of luck x

Lana- I get my blood test in the morning. Hope to know something by noon.

Scooby I did my own shots
DB- I am feeling the same way!

Been having some cramping today. I do not know what to think.

Hey ladies!! Quick update I got my second beta back yesterday and it was 154! So the nurse said things are looking good and scheduled my 7week ultrasound for 3/15

Angie- My fingers are crossed for you! :dust:

Dancing- you are fierce I don't think I could do my own shots.

I've been silently stalking the page daily. I love all of the encouragement and support here.

Ark-I am sending lots of prayers and hugs your way. Good luck on your next cycle.

Angie- fingers crossed for you. Can't wait to hear from you.

Quinn- WHOOP WHOOP!!! Congratulations! That is awesome news! Happy and healthy 9 months for you and baby.

Scooby- I'm using Pregnyl as well

I actually had my baseline on Wed. Blood work and ultrasound fine. 17 follicles on right and 14 follicles on left (not sure if that even matters..haha) I start my injections Saturday morning. I will start Menopur in the am and Follistim in the evening. Estimated Retrieval is March 6th. I'm so excited and so nervous.

Welcome October! This is a wonderful group of women! I am so appreciative of all the love and support here!

Tommorrow we finally meet with the RE and discuss our 1 frozen euploid snowbaby! I really hope the doc's attitude is optimistic, in spite of a BC grade! We really pray we are 1 and done.... I know the odds are against that but, I am trying to keep the faith!

Thumbs up to all the positive testers and fingers crossed for those of us still waiting for those positives! Xo

Paislee- my thoughts and prayers are with you and your snow baby. Stay positive and keep the faith. I've heard repeatedly all you need is 1. We are praying over that one.

Wow lovely news Quin, I got butterflies reading your post. Congratulations x

Good luck October, 6th March is just around the corner :)

ark- You're a rock star for going through this twice in a row. Will you be down regulating or just starting in right with stims? Don't you have a few frozen embies left from your 1st cycle?

lana- I agree, all of the women here are so strong. I love this group! I'm so sorry about those migraines. Things that help me sometimes are an ice pack on my head, avoiding light and also rubbing the pressure point on your hand in between your thumb and index finger. Hope you get relief soon!

angie- Thinking of you today hun!

dancing- I can't believe you do your own shots. That's freaking badass. Cramping could be good! How many DPT are you?

quin- Awesome 2nd beta!!! FX everything continues to go smoothly for you :)

October- Welcome! I think I've seen you on here before. You're only 6 days ahead of me :) Best of luck!

paislee- Hope your meeting with RE goes well today!

AFM, I just ordered the first batch of meds and should get them tomorrow. I just can't get over the cost, it's really insane. I'm trying not to think about the fact that DH and I could have gone on a trip to Europe or a cruise instead lol. No regrets though! 4 more days of BCP and starting stims (hopefully) in one week.

Quin - congrats! Great doubling time. :)

Lana - I also suffered from terrible migraines due to Lupron. I never down-regged with it but I would take it to suppress before a medicated FET. It was awful. Basically it went away as soon as I started the estrogen pills and my estrogen began to rise. So I think once you start your stims you will feel a lot better as your e2 will skyrocket within days. I really found no relief before that unfortunately.

October - good luck, we'll be stimming together. You have a really large number of follicles which is great.

scooby - I think I spend about $6K per stim cycle for the drugs. Crazy to think. We get 80% back from our insurance which is at least a bit of a relief.

I am on stim day 2. I go in on Tuesday (day 6) for monitoring so not really much happening at this point. I did acupuncture this morning. I added a bunch of supplements this time around so it will be interesting to see if my quality of eggs improves at all.

ark- You're a rock star for going through this twice in a row. Will you be down regulating or just starting in right with stims? Don't you have a few frozen embies left from your 1st cycle?

Thanks Scoobybeans *

I will be taking way less meds this time around. Next cycle starts March 12th :)
I have 3 frozen embies left..
Our fingers are crossed! I have decided that we will NOT be POAS!! Those things are terrible and I was not able to enjoy the brief possibility that we were pregnant because I knew so soon. No nasty pee sticks this time. I know its hard. There was no way I was going to not test the first time. But we live and learn and I wouldn't do it again. Good luck ladies I will be keeping in touch and pick back up with the new cycle with details.

Second cycle looks way less invasive so that's exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->