IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

I tested and got positive. Just waiting for beta on Friday! Hoping for a sticky bean.

Lana I am so sorry, I can't believe your clinic is doing this to you. I would be so annoyed. Is the cyst growing or staying the same?
I know if a couple that went forward with cysts if they were small, but don't know what I would do in that case.

My, I'm so let down and angry right now. When I think about it from the beginning things have not been right. It's their decisions on when to start things,dates and conflicting opinions of staff there that have led me to this position. They saw the cyst when they first scanned me After bcp and it was 2cm and I pointed out to them I had a 1cm cyst back in September in same ovary. They let me go ahead with no talk of trying a diff bcp (they had told over the phone I wouldn't be allowed back on bcp after my bad reaction). I went in for day 21 scan before starting down-reg and it had grown to 5cm they told me right side was fine so we could still proceed... With no mention on how the cyst could affect the IVF cycle. Just said it will mean only the right ovaries follicles developing. I was ok with this. Little did I know of the other ways it can affect the growth of all the follicles and cause major health complications. And lastly they saw it again at my baseline and it stayed same size this time and they said we can go ahead at our own risk but again right side is ok... I asked if it could be drained before I started stims and they said no, only at retrieval. The consultant also said I should have been on bcp to prevent this from happening, my jaw dropped as I pointed out I had been told by other staff I wouldn't be allowed to try a diff Bcp. I believe it will grow in response to the stims if they are correct in saying its a functional cyst. A previous clinic diagnosed it as an endometrioma cyst so you can see I can't get anything consistent and it's driving me insane.
Sorry for long rant. This is the short version :-/

Lana- Omg I would be furious! Are there any options for another clinic in your area? These guys seem to not be on the right page with you recommending this and then contradicting themselves. If it is functional you would not want to go forward. I'm no doctor but that's what i've read....hang in there hon

Dancing!!! Yes! Good luck for the beta on Friday!

Scooby- I need that bagel! Sounds good. Yes I'm glad its only 9 days I would go crazy if any longer. My RE does 14 after retrieval so ends up being 9 after transfer....

Angie- glad the 2nd beta went well! Only 12 more days till u/s. Did they say at that point could see heartbeat? How exciting!

Tiff- are you in uk? It seems that lots of places there don't do beta. Yes, the reassurance is nice, especially when you have no idea of what's going on inside.

Dancing- That is awesome news. Congratulations, and FX'd for good strong beta.

If I remember correctly they could see the heart beat last time with DD around the same time. So I'm assuming so.

dancingnurse: :dance: :happydance:

Lana: man! how frustrating... you do not need this extra stress, girl! sending you hugs xxx

Angie: Great second beta!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone (I'm sure I did) busy day!! AFM: Day 1 of stims tonight. I started my Lupron last night!! woohoo.

Dancing congratulations that's great news and hope it's confirmed with a great beta !

Db, this is the closest clinic others are over an hour away and will involve train rides for me. I wasn't really clued up about cysts and their affect on IVF until last week when researching them. We should receive this info from our clinics if relevant and be given possible options. I feel we shouldn't be the ones to hunt for info and be left in the dark about actual facts. I feel like a bit of a mug right now. I don't hold much hope for tomorrow's scan.

Sorry to hear the stress you are heading lana, all could still be well, I'm hoping the best for you

Dancing, that's brilliant news! Good luck for Fri

Beneath, yay for starting stimms!

Afm day 3 of estrogen, next appointment a week today
Haven't been on much as dd has hand foot and mouth, impetigo and a rash all over, what with the appointment Tues it's been a bit if a full on week!

angie- That's an awesome 2nd beta. Good luck on the 13th!

tiff- If you get a positive, maybe you can go to your regular OBGYN for betas? If not, seeing HPT's getting darker is a good sign too.

dancing- Congratulations!!! Good luck with your beta tomorrow :)

lana- I'm so sorry you're going through this, it sounds awfully frustrating. I don't think you should proceed if there's a risk to your health. Maybe it would be better to travel farther to see an RE you trust.

db- The bagel is amazing lol. How are you feeling? OTD is coming up soon right?

beneath- How are the stims treating you so far?

star- Your poor daughter, that sounds just awful. I hope your next appointment goes smoothly!

AFM- Starting stims tomorrow! I feel so far behind everyone else lol.

Thank you star and scooby. Star what a mad week, hope your little gets well soon!
Scooby you must be so excited to be starting stims tomorrow! And don't feel behind I think I may have a few months of waiting before I get to start IVF again.

Thank you Scooby and lana

Yay for starting Scooby! I still might have 2 weeks on estrogen then 5 days on progesterone before transfer so you're not behind!

Lana when is your next appointment?

Lanathat is crazy!! Ohss is a huge issue that can happen with stims, not to mention that getting follicles from just one ovary is super annoying. I only have one functioning ovary for some reason.
What are you going to do? I don't know if I would risk it at this point, will you end up losing money if you cancel?

Great beta! Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months.

Still waiting for af to show, I hope she gets here quickly, if it is too late we might wait another month as hubs is going on a work trip

Hope af hurries my, it's so irritating waiting for it to show!

Lana -- I'll still hold out hope for you, love!! FX!

Star -- Yayyy day 3 already! Good luck at next week's appt. So sorry to hear about DD. I hope she gets better soon xx

Scooby -- Stims are good going so far.. I don't get much symptoms usually. Yayy for stims tomorrow. You aren't too far behind from me! no worries.

My -- Doing the AF dance for ya :dance: :dance:

Morning guys! I had beta this morning and just waiting on results. I started spotting last night though and this morning lots of bleeding but not enough to fill pad, but comes out a lot when I pee(tmi). I read that this could be nothing or could be bad. Doc said its tough to know and would just need to see how 2nd beta goes on Monday.
I read that the crinone can cause bleeding too from irritating cervix but I don't know.
Grrrrrr

My meds came in yesterday for our fet in April!!! So excited, I am really hopeful for this transfer.

dbrbernie - try not to worry yourself to death! Relax and don't stress

beneathmywing and Scooby - you guys are coming up for frozen transfer right?
Ive been a little out of the loop the last couple of days.

angie - cant wait to hear about the ultrasound :) so happy for you dear.

I start meds on March 12th frozen transfer of our two embies will be around April 8th or 9th :) :)

Star - I hope you DD gets better

Lana - sorry to hear about your issues. I had mild OHSS for our first ivf cycle and it was so bad at first I didn't think we were going to be able to make the first initial transfer. Looking back now I still do not think my body was ready hence not getting pregnant. Good luck honey!

Sent the below poem to my mom and mother in law the other day. My mom is not an emotional woman and she cried like a baby. Being the oldest of five kids I think it is hitting my mom hard that her only daughter is having serious troubles getting a child of my own. Much love ladies. God knows and hears the deepest desires of our hearts. I just know it. Praying for comfort and peace during everyone's difficult moments, shots, doctor visits, crying fits, and love for the happy times.

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come ________,
That's when the say I'm due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,
I can't wait till I meet you.