• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI in March...need support!

I'm so envious! wish that was me having had my EC today :) another 6 weeks for me! xx

Hopes...I'm so so sorry. My heart is breaking for you and I wish there was something more I could do for you than say I'm sorry. Let us know what the clinic says.

Thanks so much everyone for your congratulations! My hubby and I are still thrilled but still in shock. Everyday I'm nervous that I'm gonna start bleeding or something. I have another blood test in 8 days and I feel like I need to take a preg. test everyday to assure me that it's still positive. We have been planning on how to tell our family because they all knew we were going through this, but we didn't tell them our test date. I still don't really have a lot of symptoms other than the crazy dreams, sometimes sore boobs and the weird crampy feeling occassionally. I've started to get tired easy and I feel crummy at night, but that's all. No nausea really. So...if you're not feeling symptoms, don't be discouraged because I didn't either!

Angel-My hubby was def excited and happy and everything else possible. I walked into our living room, shocked, and just said, "You're gonna be a dad!" Then I just started crying and we both hugged and cried for a little while.

Hayz...well done on EC. I'm glad it went well! Let us know what the clinic says.

How is everyone else doing? Where is everyone at in the process and how are you coping? Hope all is well!

Great results Hayz and Oneday - hoping for lots of lovely fertilised embies for you both. Cant beleive you are both up and about already!

Oh I'm not up and about lol I'm in bed with hot water bottle my right ovary is quite painful to be honest I think that's because of the manipulating the had to do to get the eggs as it is stuck down with adhesions. Took some co-codamol so hopefully that wil help x

Hopes...I'm so so sorry. My heart is breaking for you and I wish there was something more I could do for you than say I'm sorry. Let us know what the clinic says.

Thanks so much everyone for your congratulations! My hubby and I are still thrilled but still in shock. Everyday I'm nervous that I'm gonna start bleeding or something. I have another blood test in 8 days and I feel like I need to take a preg. test everyday to assure me that it's still positive. We have been planning on how to tell our family because they all knew we were going through this, but we didn't tell them our test date. I still don't really have a lot of symptoms other than the crazy dreams, sometimes sore boobs and the weird crampy feeling occassionally. I've started to get tired easy and I feel crummy at night, but that's all. No nausea really. So...if you're not feeling symptoms, don't be discouraged because I didn't either!

Angel-My hubby was def excited and happy and everything else possible. I walked into our living room, shocked, and just said, "You're gonna be a dad!" Then I just started crying and we both hugged and cried for a little while.

Hayz...well done on EC. I'm glad it went well! Let us know what the clinic says.

How is everyone else doing? Where is everyone at in the process and how are you coping? Hope all is well!

You brought tears to my eyes! I can not express how excited and happy for you I am!

The whole thing was better than i thought it would be. It was uncomfortable and got a bit painful at the end but it was over quite quickly. I'm now settled on the settee. Paul has brought me down pillow and quilt and is making me some lunch. I'm starting to feel quite sore now, but hopefully it wont get any worse than this.

Hope everyone is having a good monday xxx

Hayz were you aware of what was going on then ? I was completely out of it with the sedation. Did the say anything about ohss to you ? You've done well anyway relax and take it easy x

Well done Oneday and Hayz, for being up and about so quickly! I was out of it until 5pm. Poor DH had to sit there for 6 hours while I woke up. :blush:

Here's wishing that all those eggs turn into big strong embies for you. :hugs:

Nothing to report here. Off work for another couple of days, so just taking it easy.

Hopes, I'm sorry to hear that you're bleeding. I hope that there might still be good news to come for you. :hugs:

Thank you all for your kind words. I called the clinic this morning and they said that bright red blood was not good. It had turned a little more brown last night, but it's still very concerning that it was initially bright red. DH and I are just trying to prepare ourselves for what we do next. Does anyone know if they make you take time off before doing another IVF cycle? It's a 2 month process and to add more months to that would just be unbearable.

Hayz and Oneday, I'm glad both of you ladies are doing well. Keep us posted on your reports from the clinic.

Hope everyone else is still doing good!

Hi hopesforababy, i hope it turns out to be ok for you. I was told by our clinic that they make you wait 2 normal cycles before they allow you to start treatment again but other clinics may be different. I hope they are for you if you do need to try again and I completely know what you mean, the thought of waiting those two cycles is not a nice though.

i hope you find out soon if it is AF and I pray its not for you xxx

The whole thing was better than i thought it would be. It was uncomfortable and got a bit painful at the end but it was over quite quickly. I'm now settled on the settee. Paul has brought me down pillow and quilt and is making me some lunch. I'm starting to feel quite sore now, but hopefully it wont get any worse than this.

Hope everyone is having a good monday xxx

Hayz were you aware of what was going on then ? I was completely out of it with the sedation. Did the say anything about ohss to you ? You've done well anyway relax and take it easy x

I guess i wasnt that heavily sedated. I felt a bit kind of drunk but was totally aware of everything and was speaking to the staff throughout. They topped up my sedation slightly when I was in pain but I was still pretty with it. Just got more chatty than usual!!

Ive just got OH to get me a hot water bottle, pretty uncomfortable and feeling a bit sick.

Xx

Thank you all for your kind words. I called the clinic this morning and they said that bright red blood was not good. It had turned a little more brown last night, but it's still very concerning that it was initially bright red. DH and I are just trying to prepare ourselves for what we do next. Does anyone know if they make you take time off before doing another IVF cycle? It's a 2 month process and to add more months to that would just be unbearable.

Hayz and Oneday, I'm glad both of you ladies are doing well. Keep us posted on your reports from the clinic.

Hope everyone else is still doing good!

I think my clinic make you wait for 3 cycles. I think its to allow your body to recover fully before going through it all again.

I really hope this isn't something you have to worry about and that this cycle still surprises you with that :bfp:

Thinking of you. Take care xxx

Crap!!! Two or three "normal" cycles!! I will definitely be asking my clinic when I go in Wednesday morning.

If I have to wait that long, my stupid SIL will have had her baby and I'll have to deal with that on top of all this. The one she conceived her first month of trying. With her husband's "super sperm" that she keeps bringing up. UGH!!!

Thanks for the vent, ladies.

:hugs: what did your clinic say Hun ? Will they do a blood test to make sure? I think the waiting 3 months is to get the hormones out of your system and give you the best chance next time. Take care of yourself and don't forget we are always here for you x

Crap!!! Two or three "normal" cycles!! I will definitely be asking my clinic when I go in Wednesday morning.

If I have to wait that long, my stupid SIL will have had her baby and I'll have to deal with that on top of all this. The one she conceived her first month of trying. With her husband's "super sperm" that she keeps bringing up. UGH!!!

Thanks for the vent, ladies.

I hate it when people say things like that, or that they are "really really fertile" or their husband only has to look at them and they get pregnant etc etc.

Hope you're doing ok today xxx

Hey Hayz what are you doing up so early? How are you feeling? I a lot better but still sore. What time are the clinic calling you ?

Lol, I'm not really up, I'm lying in bed using my blackberry!! How about you?

They should be calling around 10 or 11. Is that the same for you? Xx

Thanks peartree. Getting nervous now mine will call b4 11 if not I am to call them x hayz I'm on my iphone in bed too. How's the pain ? Can't believe u were awake for ec maybe most people are I was out for the count lol they put the stuff in I closed my eyes and that was it x

Thanks peartree. Getting nervous now mine will call b4 11 if not I am to call them x hayz I'm on my iphone in bed too. How's the pain ? Can't believe u were awake for ec maybe most people are I was out for the count lol they put the stuff in I closed my eyes and that was it x

To be honest, I wish I was asleep for the end of it, it was pretty painful. I'm wondering if my clinic just give a lighter sedative and just give more if you need it. They gave me a bit more when I said I was in pain but it didn't feel like it made that much difference.

What did you do once it had finished? They helped me stand up and get in a wheel chair and took me back to recovery. Then OH turned up a few minutes later, which I was impressed with. Thought he might take ages!! Can't be the nicest thing to have to do.

Xxx

Can't wait to hear your fertilisation reports!

Thanks. How are you feeling Peartree? Xxx

I'm feeling ok. I have OHSS, but only mild to moderate. Got a bit worse yesterday, but feeling a bit better today (which I'm not sure is a good sign as it's supposed to get worse if you get pregnant).

Are you ok? Did your doc mention OHSS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->