• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

January 2020 Garnets

Hope everyone is doing ok?
I slipped in the woods walking the dog this evening, didn’t fall but had to kind of jolt to stop myself going over. It didn’t hurt, but was a shock (I nearly cried!). Do you think I should see if I can get checked out? No bumps or anything? No bleeding or pain other than the usual aches etc. Think I’m being paranoid but thought I’d ask! Sorry!

Oh no Red, poor you! I think you'll be absolutely fine but if it's going to ease your worries, it can never hurt to ring in or get checked out for peace of mind. I'm sure everything is fine though, babies are very well protected in there.

I’ve had a bath and feeling a bit calmer now lol! Will see how I feel tomorrow and may phone the midwife but I do think I’m fine - thank you!

I’ve tripped over something in the ground but didn’t actually fall. Everything is okay and I didn’t go and get checked. My mom said when she was very pregnant she slipped down icy stairs but just landed on her bum and all was okay.

Glad your fall wasn't worse Red.

I fell on my butt today too, luckily just onto a luggage rack at the back of the bus and not onto the floor. You'd think when the bus driver saw a pregnant woman struggling to get to the only spare seat at the very back of the bus he wouldn't turn the corner on two wheels, but nope.

Thank you all - I’m fine, worrying about nothing as usual! I’m seeing my midwife tomorrow anyway so will mention it but I’m sure I’m ok! FitMama hope you’re okay too!

Serenyx - your glucose tests sounds very unpleasant. We have that one here too, but you only have to do it if you fail the one-hour one. I have my appointment tomorrow so I guess I’ll find out then.
Thanks for sharing your hospital bag ideas! I haven’t put much thought into it. I pack pretty
minimally, as they also provide all the diapers and cream for baby while we are there. I just need clothes for myself and a going home outfit and blanket for baby.

red head - I’m sorry about your fall! I agree with everyone that baby is probably fine since you didn’t actually fall-fall. A good reminder to be careful out there, as it will icy out where I live soon and I always seem to fall in the winter. Would not be good in late pregnancy!

fit mama - sorry you fell today too and that the bus driver wasn’t more considerate while taking a turn!

OnErth - glad things went well.

AFM - looks like I’ll be doing the 2-hour fasting glucose test after all. :sad1: I failed my 1-hour test. Feeling very disappointed and rather stressed by this! I was fine with my precious pregnancies. My dr figures I will fail the 2-hour one based on my results. However, I will try to remain optimistic because my sister failed the first one with her first pregnancy but passed the 2-hour fine so maybe I’ll be the same? Really not looking forward to feeling awful for 2+ hours during the test.

OnErth - glad things went well.

AFM - looks like I’ll be doing the 2-hour fasting glucose test after all. :sad1: I failed my 1-hour test. Feeling very disappointed and rather stressed by this! I was fine with my precious pregnancies. My dr figures I will fail the 2-hour one based on my results. However, I will try to remain optimistic because my sister failed the first one with her first pregnancy but passed the 2-hour fine so maybe I’ll be the same? Really not looking forward to feeling awful for 2+ hours during the test.

Aw, sorry to hear that Literati, hopefully you pass the longer test. :hugs:I passed with flying colors with DS but obviously that's no guarantee of anything this time around, especially since that was 4 years ago. I have mine booked for the day after Halloween which is probably not the smartest idea...

Sorry to hear that Literati - you do hear of lots of people failing it who go on to be okay, so hopefully that’ll be the case with you.

Ah i'm sorry you failed the 1 hour test and now have to do the 2 hour one. I hope you pass that one ok x

With my first pregnancy I failed the first test but passed the second. Haven’t had issues with other pregnancies. Hopefully I pass this one too.
OnErth is that fundal height your midwife measures?

Yes. She has me lay on the couch and measures with her tape. I've been on track until this visit.

Upcoming tests for me are the 28wk bloodwork and then 36wk Group B. That's it. I wasnt going to do the Group B but if I dont, the on call Ped will require us to stay 48hrs vs 24. I would already be a transfer patient, I dont want to stay longer than needed. Get me a baby and show me the door!

Literati - sorry to hear that you failed your 1 hour test. Fingers crossed that you pass the 2 hour test without any issues.

On earth - I wouldn't worry about your fundal height, I always take it with a pinch of salt as baby could be in any number or positions which affect the measurements. Is your test for the group b strep? That's not a routine test here in the UK. Xx

I dont really know or understand the group b test. It's at 36wks. They swabbed just the inside of your butt. Treatment is antibiotics. If you decline the test, they still give you antibiotics but now keep you 48hrs to " watch the baby for symptoms".

It's not one I've looked into because I havent had it since 2005. I had dd1 before I could get tested, decline it with dd2 and wanted to decline this time but don't want to stay that long.

OnErth I’m measuring 28 at 26 weeks and have been consistently 2cm ahead but the midwife said that +/- 2 is completely normal. That strep test sounds nasty but worth it to go straight home.

How quickly did everyone get to leave hospital with their first? I really just want to be in and out - like within hours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"