January 2020 Garnets

How quickly did everyone get to leave hospital with their first? I really just want to be in and out - like within hours?[/QUOTE said:
#1 2005 c section- stayed 5 days
#2 2006 c section- stayed 5 days and dd1 stayed 2 weeks in nicu
#3- 2007 VBA2C- stayed 24hrs

Thanks for the support, everyone. I plan on doing the test tomorrow.

Ashley - that makes me somewhat hopeful. Really hoping I pass the second one. I hope you pass yours this time.

red head - with both I stayed overnight. It was probably more like 28+ hours. However, I always have to stay until the next day to get my Win Rho shot (due to having a negative blood type). In addition, both my babies have been slightly jaundiced and needed to be monitored for a bit. Dd2 also has mucous in her lungs from being delivered so quickly. I would think to leave within hours they would want to see both you and baby doing very well with no risk factors that they want to monitor closely. I’m sure you won’t have to stay long, though! And I know of people who have requested to leave right away and did not have to stay overnight.

You have a gorgeous bump and look so pretty! Thanks for sharing. My FH is 29 at 26 weeks. I know +/- 2 is normal, but I’m wondering if 3 means my baby is already overly large. My doctor didn’t seem concerned but it did worry me a bit, especially with possibly having GD.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hi!

Not posted for ages thought I'd pop on and update. I read everyday I just dont really have anything to add.

30 weeks for me on Monday, it's going by fairly quickly and smoothly to be honest. I'm anaemic so have been prescribed Iron tablets which I absolutely hate so have to admit to not taking them as I should be, I need to pick up some of the liquid stuff. Heartburn is killing me these last few days so I'm having loads of gaviscon to get me through. Baby is so active which doesnt help when I've got heartburn, but glad hes happy and healthy.

I measure 28cm at my 28 week appt so all on track for that. Crazy to think ive only got 10 weeks left!

As for when I was let out of hospital with previous births. 1st was 24 hours, 2nd around 6 hours, 3rd and 4th home births, 5th was very quick i had my waters broke at 9:30am, baby born by 11 and I was home for 12:30 so was discharged within an hour and half. I'm not one for hospitals so try to get out asap. Planning a home birth again this time!

Hope you all have a nice weekend xx

With previous births I had my 1st at 3:57am and was home by 6pm the same day. Could have gone home sooner but was waiting for the catheter to be removed.

2nd I had her at 6:01pm. I stayed overnight but that was my own choice. We're I am you can't be discharged from the delivery suite, you have to go to the ward first and then be discharged from there and I didn't get a bed until 11:45pm so said I'll just wait until morning to go home as it was the middle of the night lol.

This one im hoping to stay just 1 night after the section but I suppose it depends on my BP and everything else.

Such a cute bump red.

I'm starting to worry about my bump. I'm still losing weight. I'm still - 17lbs on what I started out at. I get that I could do with losing a bit anyway but thought that being 7 months gone almost I would have put weight on and still not be losing it. I used to have a very pronounced bump when laying down and now it's literally dissappeared and I don't even look pregnant.

I'm really hoping little man is growing OK in there. Anxiety is on overdrive. Im high risk of having a small baby this time due to my kidney disease (which I never had in previous pregnancy). I just hope he's not 'too' small.

I do have a growth scan on Thursday so hopefully they will be able to give me some reassurance xx

Sophie - I’m sorry you’re feeling worried about your weight loss and baby’s size. That does seem a bit unusual to still be losing weight. Has your doctor mentioned anything? Should you try upping your caloric intake a bit just enough to at least maintain now? I am sure the growth scan on Thursday will give you the reassurance you need. It must be worrisome having a new health condition and not knowing how it could affect the baby. Hugs! Hopefully everything is still fine!

Anababe - thanks for checking in! I feel like you’re so much further ahead than most of us! Sorry about your heartburn and anemia. My sister could never tolerate the iron tablets either so she tried to eat very iron-rich meals at least. Hopefully your levels will improve soon.

It's nice to see someone around the same stage as me actually - I'm 30 +2 now. I'm always checking in to read but don't have much to add either. Hope everyone is doing ok!

Red - your bump is adorable!

Sophie - hope everything goes ok at your growth scan!

I think my fundal height has always been 1cm behind and I feel like my bump is on the smaller side so I hope he's growing ok in there. I keep getting comments on how I'm small for 30 weeks and it gives me anxiety!

Anyone having baby showers soon? Mine is in two weeks time.

No shower at all. I dont want or need one.

I was very small with dd1. She was only 5.8lbs. I dont remember what I measured but I didnt have the basketball/watermelon belly everyone said I should. The other kids, I did though.

Hoping all is okay Sophie!

I’ve been having so many Braxton Hicks the last couple days, I just don’t know what to do. With my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, as long as I was laying down they would either go away or slow down to 1-2 an hour. If I was up and moving then I got a ton. But last couple days I’ve been pretty much just laying down all day because I’m so freaked over it yet I’m still getting 3-5 an hour. Worse in the evening. I feel like maybe I should call my OB but I’m not sure if this is just going to amount to nothing or what. I can’t imagine doing this for 10 more weeks which is how many weeks until full term. I’m just so upset my body reacts this way and am super scared of having a baby so preterm.

Hey everyone, I totally forgot about this site with everything going on...oops. Thought I'd jump in and update a little bit before my appt, and hopefully come back and actually read through what I've missed when I'm done. Sorry for the novel again, there's a lot to update.

But anyway, I'm having a super rough go with this pregnancy. I found out in the beginning of the month that my gallbladder is full of stones and causing issues, and I also have about 5 ribs that are displaced on the right side, so between the gallbladder and ribs my right side is constantly in pain. I've started seeing a chiropractor to get alignments done twice a week to help relieve the pain.

Today I have my glucose test, I was supposed to get it done at 28 weeks but I was in the process of switching doctors so I wanted to wait until I was with my new doctor to get it done..but I regret it. My old office didn't need me to fast, just come into the lab, drink the drink and hang out for an hour so they can draw the blood. This one wants me to fast for 2 hours before, then chug the drink 45 minutes before my appointment and have my blood drawn there. Normally morning fasting isn't a problem (other than the lack of my morning caffeine) but apparently my body is like "Oh, you can't eat anything? Normally we don't need breakfast, but today you're going to feel like you're starving and you can't eat! Hahahaha", and it sucks. I also have my Tdap scheduled for today. But I have a chiro appt later so that's a plus lol But I'm down to the every 2 weeks appointments now, and two weeks ago baby was measuring at a little over a week ahead, if he is still measuring big they're going to order an ultrasound to see if it's just a big uterus or if he's huge. If he's huge I'm going to probably be induced, since I went almost 2 weeks over with DD my doc says that she doesn't want to let me do the same with this one. So depending on everything (pain/size/other issues) I am looking at being induced right on time, or potentially a little early since I am due on New Years Day and usually the docs around here don't like to induce on a holiday if it can be helped.

Super regular Braxton Hicks also, I can't make it through a simple grocery shopping trip without having 5 or 6 of them triggered by the walking, but usually if I'm sitting around it's not too bad. So because of that, and all of my pain issues I have stopped working earlier than intended. Other than all that everything is going good, little man is moving a ton and both of us are healthy otherwise. I still haven't come up with a name yet, the name I had picked out even before I was pregnant is now up on the chopping block since everyone keeps hating on it. So some days I still love and want the name, and others has my anxiety worrying over what everyone else thinks and makes me second guess his name. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon, and SO won't help, he says he named our daughter so I get to name our son.

Not good news. So still was having contractions. Called my OB to see what to do. Was told to go into labor and delivery to be monitored. I was a bit worried over it but my contractions mostly just showed an irritable uterus. She did an internal exam to check for dilation and I’m already dilated to a 3! I don’t know what to think but I was not expecting this. I’m scared. I don’t now what they plan to do. She is calling my OB now. Also, her checking me hurt like crazy. In past pregnancies it didn’t hurt too bad to be checked. But it felt like she was teaching to far and rough and I felt like I’d throw up. Now I’m scared it did further damage to my cervix. If you pray, please pray this baby can stay put a while longer. I don’t get how I’m already dilated so much.

Oh gosh Ashley that’s scary - I really really hope they can stop things and baby can stay cosy longer. But if she does come now, I’m sure it’ll be okay as they are amazing with babies younger than her even. I’m so glad you went and got checked! Sending you so much luck xx

Beadle and Sophie sorry you’re both having a rough time. I hope things are ok! Xx

You can be 3cm and stay there until birth. It's not that you're dilated as much as is your cervix changing. What I mean is are you contracting for an hour and theres cervical change vs contractions and NO change.

I would also tell her to be gentle with the checks. Shoving your way to china doesnt help. Hahah.

I’m not sure if the 3cm is something that just suddenly progressed or has been slowly happening. Either way seems way too early They gave me nfedipine, a steroid shot (oww, the medicine hurts going in) and I’m hooked up to IVs now to get me hydrated. Though I have to have them keep unhooking me from everything because I have to pee so often.

Thanks for the support, everyone. I plan on doing the test tomorrow.
Did you do the test Literati? How did it go?

Sorry to hear you have concerns about your weight loss Sophie. I hope the growth scan on Thursday puts your mind at ease a bit!

Beadle - it's good to see you back - sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it though! Choose a name you like :) Don't worry about what others say! We are having huge trouble finding a name we like!

Ashley - gosh that sound scary! You are in the best place though. Fingers crossed they can stop the contractions and prevent you from dilating any further.

AFM - nothing new to report here. I haven't had my fundal height measured yet this pregnancy so couldn't say if I was under or over!

Last edited:
I had the fetal Fibronectin test done too and it came back positive. Meaning 50/50 chance I go into labor within the next 2 weeks.

Good job you went to get checked out Ashley! You're in the right place, getting the right care. Keeping everything crossed for you that baby stays put and that they can stop you dilating or going into labour.

Beadle - wow, sorry you’re in so much pain! Having 5 ribs displaced sounds absolutely horrible! Can’t imagine on top of gall bladder issues and lots of Braxton Hicks! That is stressful about having a big baby as well, but at least your dr is keeping an eye on it. I’m quite concerned that mine is abnormally large but I’m sure my doctor will not order a scan or do anything at all to check the size. How do you feel about possibly getting induced a little early? I’m sorry you’re having doubts about the name you like. I hate hearing other people’s opinions on names when I’m trying to pick one for myself! I agree with whoever said you should just pick the one you love and not worry about what people think. :)

Ashley - ahhh! That’s so scary about all your BH, being 3 cm dilated, and now having a 50/50 chance of going into labour in the next 2 weeks! I’ll definitely be praying that baby stays in there longer (preferably until 37+ weeks)! You must be so stressed. At least you are at the hospital and they are taking good care of you! And it’s great you’ve at least had a steroid shot so baby will have a much better chance if she comes early (but hopefully she won’t)!

Serenyx - thanks for asking! The test went okay. It made for a long morning sitting at the blood lab (especially because I ended up leaving the first lab and driving to a second location because the wait was so long at the first)! However, I had downloaded some episodes of Netflix to my phone and just watched those during my 2-hour wait (definitely recommend if you need to do the 2-hr test). I surprisingly didn’t feel TOO bad from the drink on an empty stomach, but am slightly worried that’s a bad sign. When I finally got home and was trying to eat lunch I did start to crash and got really irritable/emotional. My DH said I looked extremely pale and unwell. Glad it’s over with now, but scared to hear my results. I’m guessing the soonest I would hear would be tomorrow or Wednesday, and could even be longer.

AFM - DH and I finally came up with a couple names that we like (well, we mostly just agree on the one). We aren’t 100% sure of it yet, but I feel relieved that we at least have some ideas and a “maybe” name finally.

I’m home now. And not feeling great. They checked my cervix 3 times to make sure it wasn’t progressing. It wasn’t so I’m home. But I feel all those cervix checks irritated it all and now I’m worried it just did more damage than anything. I felt so many tightenings once the nifedipine (procardia) wore off and I had to wait almost 2 more hours to take the next dose. I took it about an hour ago but still just feel achy in my back and I feel off. Hope it goes away. I also hope they won’t check me again tomorrow. I have to go back for the second steroid shot and was told they would monitor me a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->