January 2020 Garnets

Tell them no to checking you or no to as many.

Hopefully things calm down!!

I’m sorry you’re sore and not feeling great. I hope the meds work their magic and effectively stop the contractions until you are full term (or much closer to it)! I wouldn’t worry too much about the checks doing damage. Keep us posted!

They checked my cervix 3 times to make sure it wasn’t progressing. It wasn’t so I’m home. But I feel all those cervix checks irritated it all and now I’m worried it just did more damage than anything.
They won't have done any damage, cervix checks are uncomfortable but they don't damage anything - please don't worry yourself about that. The doctors want the babies to stay put as long as possible in these situations and so won't do anything to jeopardise that.

Ashley- I'm sorry to hear your having such a rubbish time at the moment, you must be so worried. Did the doctors check for any kind of infection as that can cause an irritable uterus?
On a more reassuring note, I was 3cm with my daughter for 1 month and a half. Apparently it was due to the fact that I had already given birth before, the cervix never shuts fully and mine. Just kind of lingered at 3cm until I had a sweep at 38 weeks which triggered Labour.

Hopefully baby stays put for a lot longer! I have known the preterm Labour test to be inaccurate on a lot of occasions. Fingers crossed and keep us updated.

I had my glucose tolerance test today, it was not half as bad as I thought. They said they will call tomorrow if there is anything wrong and if not to assume all is good. Hopefully I not hear from them.

How is everyone else?

I can't believe I'm in my final trimester on Thursday. Its going so fast x

Sophie - I’m glad the test wasn’t as bad as you thought. Hope you pass!

I consider the second trimester to start at 27 weeks, so today is my first official day of it! Exciting that we’re pretty much all there now!

3rd tri should be 27 weeks! It makes more sense that way.
I had to go back to the hospital earlier to get the 2nd steroid shot I was told yesterday I would be monitored a little while. But that nurse wasn’t there today and the ones that were there said I didn’t need to be monitored. I told them the medication wears off around the 2-3 hour mark and then contractions come every 10-15 mins usually. I can only take 1 pill every 4 hours and then it takes about a half hour to fully kick in. She said to come in if they start coming 5 min apart. The nurse did tell me that her checking me for dilation could disrupt things further though. And I went home feeling more contractions and pain so it did something. But hopefully it is just temporary? I am feeling better today but if I wasn’t taking this medication I think I’d for sure be worse off. Because once the med wears off I feel contractions even closer together then I did before being checked. I hope somehow it all can calm down. I have no clue what to expect at this point! Like do I have only a matter of days left? It could I go on for weeks? If I only had 1 issue or even 2 I wouldn’t be so worried! But the contractions, 3 cm dilated, and a positive fetal Fibronectin all have me worried. Sorry, I feel like such a downer and that lately all I do is come and complain on here. It’s just nice to vent and type out all that is going on!
I’m glad all of you are doing well for the most part! I know some of you mentioned sleep issues and last few days I’ve been having a hard time sleeping well. I think it’s the contractions worrying me. It drives me crazy because I will be almost asleep then I’ll jolt awake because I suddenly get this weird panicking feeling. Then I have a hard time relaxing even though I’m tired

The test could be wrong and you could have contractions and stay 3cm for 13 more weeks. It's not impossible.

Every week longer though is good so just focus on 1 week at a time. Make small goals. IF baby comes and you cant stop it, then relaxing and being prepared is the best thing.

I agree with OnErth! Good advice.

Ashley - I’m sorry you’re so stressed and that so much is going wrong all at once! What is the plan for the medication? How long are you supposed to stay on it? Hopefully soon your contractions will just stop and won’t come back even when the meds wear off.
Yes, I’m one of the ones suffering from insomnia quite regularly. I’m sorry you’re having it now too, but it only makes sense with how stressed you are. I hope you’re able to get a better rest tonight and don’t wake up in a panic. One thing that helped me slightly with my wake-ups (but wouldn’t help if anxiety related) was adding a high-protein snack before bed. Someone made the suggestion and I didn’t expect it to help. I am still getting insomnia, but it’s been down to 2-3 nights/week instead of 5ish per week. So I’d say that is an improvement at least!
Don’t feel bad at all about getting everything off your chest here. That’s what we’re here for! And I definitely appreciate the regular updates! We all care for you and are rooting for baby to stay in there for many more weeks!

My goal right now is 28 weeks. I know each week makes a difference for sure, especially this early. And I’m hoping the ultrasounds are accurate and she is measuring a week big. But I know those can be off. But at least she is measuring a week big and not a week small

As for infections I was tested for a UTI. It came back negative. But I wasn’t checked for any other infections.

Right now my back is kind of achy. It’s hard to know if it’s from contractions or just because of laying down so much. All these aches make me nervous though.

Oh and as far as the medication, I’m not sure! I don’t know if it’s something i can be on long term? I think I can be? They just said to take it as needed. Which right now I need every dose. I could actually use more but they said I can’t take more than stated. It would be nice to eventually take less doses but not sure of that will happen

Oooh Ashley I'm sorry you're going through all that, the stress/worry can't be fun :( hopefully the meds can keep LO cooking a little longer. Have they mentioned stitching you or anything like that? My cousin has an issue with her cervix with the first baby and had to have hers stitched to prevent early labor along with some pills and she had to do it this time around too, I wasn't sure if you're beyond the point of that helping or if they just don't do that where you are.

Literati - I'm ok with going in early, especially with all my issues, as long as he's fully developed. But the only thing I'm worried about is him being born too close to Christmas. I wouldn't mind it, but at the same time it's such a hectic time of year it'd be complicated. But on the plus side if he does, my girls will be out on break from school so I won't have to worry about finding someone to bring them to school in the morning while I'm in the hospital.

I was looking at the calendar and I'll be 37 weeks around the 11th, so if he's doing good and doc gives me the ok I might go and try to get the ball rolling early...it didn't work with my daughter, but it wouldn't hurt to try if I get the ok from my doc.

As for the name, I will pick it if it ends up remaining something I like, but I have anxiety pretty bad and part of that makes me want to please people so I often have issues where I will change my opinions on something subconsciously just to match someone else's. So like say I have a movie I love, and someone points out flaws in it, and I'll start liking it less and less because of those flaws. I hate that it happens and sometimes I can counteract it but not always. And the same deal is happening with the baby name. Because they keep saying things against it, it's starting to get into my head that it's a terrible name and I don't like it anymore. Some days it's still my favorite, and then others I let the negativity get to my head and doubt myself and the choice. So right now it's just a matter of fighting through those thoughts and just reminding myself how much I loved that name and to just go with it.

I can’t have a stitch. Too far along and also I’m already too dilated. It’s only if your cervix is shortening but no dilation I think.
I’m pretty sure most drs won’t do it once you are 24 weeks because it’s too risky at that point.
I’m the same way with names! To a point at least. I have a few names I like but if someone is like ewww over the name I think it must not be cute and don’t want to name her something that others don’t like.

Here are names I like so far.
Liv or Livvy
Hadley
Londyn
Leighton
Laney

My husband likes
Poppy
Rowan
Laney
Veyda
And some other weird ones I would never consider

Thing is I’m not 100% in love with any of them. So I don’t know!

You can get a cerclage later in pregnancy. Im not sure who told you that but its not true. It's just considered an emergency. It's used any time the cervix is opening OR shortness.

There have been times when doctors dont want to do it and you have to fight for it (or in the severe cases, have a loss) for them to pay attention but many, many moms have had one and been fine.

Where did you hear that OnErth? Every where I’ve checked or googled shows they won’t once you hit 24 weeks. I tried looking up any later incidences where it was done and have come up with nothing. Either way I don’t think I want one because I’m scared it would make things worse. I just gotta hope bedrest and nifedipine will work for at least a bit longer.

I've never heard of a cut off date on it being done, but I also haven't done much research on it. My cousin was less than 20 weeks both times so that's all the info I have on it. But you'd think if it was an emergency they'd still do it later if other methods aren't working.

Those are really cute names :) And I really like the change in spelling for Londyn, it's really unique, and I just love the names after other countries or cities like that.

The only ones I've got right now are Kairan (rhymes with Byron, and the name everyone in my family is insulting), Zander, or Skylar. But Skylar was my girl pick, so even though it's gender neutral I still think of it as a girl name so that's like a last choice backup lol Zander was my go-to boy name for years until I heard the name Kairan, so even though I like it, it's lost its luster for me since being replaced.

That's one reason im selective with who I tell what to. I dont want to hear opinions on names. I already know my mom wont like Nora and will think Sebastian is weird. My dad knows and the only thing he said was " your grandma was Norma", yes dad, I know. Hehe.

Been for my growth Scan today and can finally breathe a sigh of relief!

Baby is measuring absolutely fine. 2lb 14oz currently which is slightly above average. They said I have a lot more waters than was considered normal but I'm not worried, she said its probably cause I'm growing a decent sized baby.

Also booked my csection! We will be having our little boy on Jan 16th if I don't go into labour before. I'm so happy, relieved and excited. X

My husband likes Skylar for a girl. Or skye.
I like the name Nora/Norah. One of my good friends daughter is named Norah though.
Glad he is measuring great Sophie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->