January 2020 Garnets

I only know 1 norah. One of the moms I know has a daughter named that. It's not popular which I like.

I have Nathaniel, Candice and Lana already. (Said as lawn nah)

I really like the name Nora for a girl. I think names in the UK are different from the US so wouldn't know what is popular over there etc. In the UK I think Skylar or Skye would be a predominantly female name. I have never come across one that was a boy so that would be put me off. However it may be different in the US. Old fashioned names are also making a comeback here so Nora is quite popular atm xx

Kind of rough night last night. I spent Halloween evening just feeling off. Like my bladder was irritated. It’s hard to explain. I’ve had many UTIs in my adult life and they always hurt so bad with my bladder feeling like it’s on fire constantly. But I read in pregnancy you may not get any symptoms or less symptoms you commonly would not pregnant. All I know is I had to keep peeing and not much would come out. No burning. But my bladder just felt irritated constantly. Around 11 pm I started to get concerned as it can cause you to go into labor and I was so uncomfortable. Nothing is open that time so had to go into labor and delivery. I was monitored and they tested my urine which came back clean. They don’t want to put me on antibiotics since I’m allergic to so many. So they are sending my urine off to be cultured to see if bacteria does end up growing. So upset because I feel like there are no answers to this gross feeling! I still have it off and on today.
Another weird thing. They didn’t want to check my cervix but my OB told them it was needed. The nurse there that day said she would be much more gentle (she had preterm issues with all 3 of her pregnancies). Weirdly she could not tell what was going on in there. She said it felt like I had 2 cervixes. That one felt fully closed and the other very dilated(more than a 3 she said). She said she been doing this for 18 yrs and never had it happen. She didn’t want to keep messing around in there so they did an ultrasound which would only check cervix length but still give them a better idea of what’s going on. It measured 2 cm long. She was very reassured by that and said it would be very unlikely for me to have the more dilated cervix she felt if I’m still 2 cm long. So now I have no clue what’s real going on in there and how far dilated I am. My contractions weren’t any worse than before either. But isn’t that weird? If I do have 2 cervixes wouldn’t it have been seen in past pregnancies? She did mention that the nifedipine could possibly be making everything really relaxed in there and causing it to feel different in there. But she wasn’t sure. Baby was measured on ultrasound again and she is measuring 28+6 which they said is reassuring.
I’m home and just hoping this weird irritation down there goes away. I’m stressed enough as is!

It's not impossible to have 2 cervix but yes youd know by now. It's kind of hard to miss...

Ashley - that is really weird about what the nurse said about your cervix. I definitely don’t think you have two cervixes. She’s probably right that the medication you’re on has made it feel a little unusual.
I’m sorry about the uncomfortable feeling you have been having. That is strange. Maybe take some preventive measures in case maybe you have a UTI coming on? Try drinking cranberry juice (the real stuff) and also maybe just drinking more water in general? If I ever start to get that feeling I can usually make it go away with more fluid intake.
I’m glad your cervix length was good and baby is measuring ahead. Good signs!

beadle - I understand the feeling of being very influenced by others’ opinions and starting to not like something if other people speak negatively about it. I can be like it too at times. I hope you settle on a name that you love and don’t feel insecure about.

Everyone - love all the name ideas you’re throwing out there! I am quite secretive with our name ideas and I won’t share with a soul until baby has arrived!

AFM - great news! I heard back from my doctor’s office yesterday, and my second glucose test results were normal! I do NOT have GD! I am sighing a HUGE sigh of relief today and eating a few extra Halloween chocolates to celebrate. ;) Thanks to everyone for the support, and I hope everyone passes theirs! After doing a lot of research about it when I thought I might have it, I officially feel VERY bad for anyone who does get it (although I know you will absolutely be okay if you get it)! It’s mostly just a lot of work and really stressful when there’s already so much going on in pregnancy.

That’s a relief you don’t have GD! It does seem a scary thing to have!

So I went most of the day feeling okay bladder wise. Then evening kicks in and it started bothering me again. By around midnight it was worse. Still not as intense of burning and aching that I normally get when not pregnant. Normally my bladder will hurt so incredibly bad it makes me shake and it’s unbearable pain like acid is sitting in my bladder. Tonights was about 1/3 the pain but even that I was just in quite the pain. But now about 3 hrs later it’s feeling better? So weird. I am drinking a lot of water. Probably 90 oz a day. I’m not very big so most of it goes right through me. I haven’t received the culture results yet. I’m at the point I just want it to show an infection so I can take antibiotics to get rid of it.

I love the name Nora, it's old fashioned but it doesn't feel super old fashioned like some other names, like Esther (also a cute name, just feels more old fashioned personally). I only know one other person named Nora, and it's my friend's daughter, but her name is Elenora and just goes by Nora. Well...and Nora Roberts, but I don't know her personally lol

Sophie I usually see Skylar being a female name too, but I forgot I have a male cousin with that name lol my mom reminded me when I mentioned that name to her. (I have over 100 cousins on my mom's side alone, it's hard to keep track of them all.) But I definitely hear it as a female name way more than male.

Ashley it might be that the baby is pinching your urethra shut, I've heard a lot of stories about women who have struggles with pain or difficulty going pee when pregnant because of the baby's position pinching it shut. Sometimes the baby will move out of the way and things will be fine, and then it'll move back, and some even have to go in to be catheterized because of it to find some relief. So if that's it it could explain the off and on complications with it even without an infection. Hopefully you find some relief from that, it sounds awful :(

Literati I'm glad to hear you don't have GD :D my mom had it with my little sister and I felt soo bad for her. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief when I passed mine too, I didn't want to go through with that.

Last edited:
Sorry you've been having such a rough time Ashley and I hope everything settles down for you so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! My cousin had threatened labor at 28 weeks and even needed to be transported to the hospital in the nearest major city but they were able to stop it and her little girl made it to her scheduled c-section at 39 weeks.

So glad you passed your test Literati, that is great news!!! I passed my one hour test but just barely, gulp. The range was 4.4 to 7.7 and I got 7.5. My results were soooooo much better with DS.

We're going to get our annual family photos / pregnancy photos done today and it looks like we have a nice sunny day!

AFM - great news! I heard back from my doctor’s office yesterday, and my second glucose test results were normal! I do NOT have GD! I am sighing a HUGE sigh of relief today and eating a few extra Halloween chocolates to celebrate. ;) Thanks to everyone for the support, and I hope everyone passes theirs! After doing a lot of research about it when I thought I might have it, I officially feel VERY bad for anyone who does get it (although I know you will absolutely be okay if you get it)! It’s mostly just a lot of work and really stressful when there’s already so much going on in pregnancy.
Glad you passed and don't have GD! I have my test next week.

I am the same - I don't share my names until after baby is here and we have made our decision. That way no one can have any say on whether they like it or not! The only opinions I care about are mine and DH (and even then he didn't get much of a choice on DD2's middle name - I picked something I wanted :lol: )

Sorry to hear you are still having a rough time Ashley - hope it all settles down soon!

Sophie - Skylar is definitely more of a girls name over her, there is a girl in my daughters year with that name :D

Good luck with the photos Fit Mama - glad you have a nice day for it! It's been pouring down all day here :lol:

Good morning (well morning as it's 10am where I am here in South Wales, UK) hope everyone is doing ok, I'm useless at remembering to check in in here unless I am in need of advice, hence why I'm here today :hi:
I just posted in the 3rd Tri board as I'm only a couple of days off but is anyone else suffering with pins and needles? They are driving me mad! Only in my hands and mostly my right hand but they're doing my head in now. Happy 3rd Tri to everyone too, only 8 - 12 (ish) weeks left for us all now :shock: I'd better get a move on as I am still to buy/sort everything, I still only have a little pile in the corner of my room, there's a breast pump there, a sling, a few bottles and 2 bags of baby clothes/blankets/bibs etc that were my daughter's that I have washed after being in storage, I do have my pram but that's down my mother's house with the Moses basket, bouncer, car seat etc that also used to be my daughter's. So glad I kept everything! Still have no names picked out either and being team yellow we need to think of 2 which doesn't help #-o Ah well, it will get done at some point I'm sure!

I had my glucose test. I’m worried I didn’t pass because I ate a lot of carbs a little before it. Didn’t even think about it. Also the nifedipine I’m on says that it can raise glucose levels. So now I’m worried I will fail. Anyone else eat quite a bit of carbs or sugar before and still pass? I ate around 11 am, drank the drink around noon and tested around 1 pm. Hoping my blood sugars were able to normalize by then.

Not sure bumblebee! But that would drive me crazy too to have that feeling! Have you asked your OB or midwife?

Sounds like it could be carpal tunnel maybe Bumblebee? That can be fairly common in second/third trimester. I keep getting pins and needles in my right foot when I sit on the toilet, I figure it's the pressure of baby sitting on something!

Ashley - I’m sorry your bladder is still in so much discomfort. Have you heard back from your lab results yet? That is quite odd that you’d be so uncomfortable if it’s not an infection.
Sorry you’re worried about your glucose test. I am not a reassuring case, but a friend of mine ate a full McDonald’s meal (Coke included) right before her test and still passed, so it is possible at least.

Beadle - thank you! That sucks your mom has it! I’m glad you passed yours.

Serenyx - glad you can relate on the name front!

Bumble bee - I have not been frequently dealing with pins and needles, but I do think I normally get that worse than usual in my hands during later pregnancy. I hope they don’t persist for you. I am getting the odd very mild foot cramps but I am hoping they don’t get worse as I had them much worse with previous pregnancies and they were terrible!

I hope you can get all the stuff you need! I don’t need much with it being our third girl, but there are a few essentials I’ll probably buy about a month before. Congrats on the third trimester! I’m there too and it does feel like a significant milestone.

I had my glucose test. I’m worried I didn’t pass because I ate a lot of carbs a little before it. Didn’t even think about it. Also the nifedipine I’m on says that it can raise glucose levels. So now I’m worried I will fail. Anyone else eat quite a bit of carbs or sugar before and still pass? I ate around 11 am, drank the drink around noon and tested around 1 pm. Hoping my blood sugars were able to normalize by then.

Not sure bumblebee! But that would drive me crazy too to have that feeling! Have you asked your OB or midwife?

When I took the test while pregnant with DS I ate a white bread bagel right before (obviously a big no no) and passed with flying colors.

This time I completely abstained from sugar and carbs the day of and barely passed (though I did eat a ton of Halloween candy the day before) so hopefully you'll be fine!

The urine culture came back showing no growth. So no UTI. Only thing I can figure is I have an irritable bladder. From what I have read is it’s not an infection but it can get irritated and cause spasms and irritation. I was looking up on what causes it and there are some foods. Also, I read high doses of vitamin c can cause it. Now most people would be okay, but I’m wondering if the fact that I get UTIs easily and the fact that I’m pregnant I am much more sensitive. I had just purchased some vitamin c chewables the day before I started getting the irritable bladder symptoms. I took it for 3 days before stopping to see if it helped and it has. Though last night I had more irritation. But I read that spicy foods and even apples can cause irritation to bladder. Which I had both of yesterday. So I think my bladder needs to heal for a while before I eat any of the foods that are listed on the irritation group. I must have done something taking those vitamin c’s and it needs time to heal.

I ate 2 pieces of toast and several meat things that are wrapped in a kind of croissant bread right before yesterday’s glucose test. Seems like a ton of carbs. I normally don’t eat so much all at once but being on bedrest I just ate whatever my husband brought up to me lol. It was very tasty but I wish I would have thought about it. I will be so mad at myself if I fail.

Here is 28+1. Hopefully this isn’t my last belly shot and I will still be pregnant in 4 weeks to take a 32 week photo. Don’t mind the red lines on my side. That’s from laying down so long on that side.

64C6C837-F2E0-47FA-9F6C-E5DF25BA0247.jpeg

As I thought, I didn’t pass my glucose test. It came back at 150. So now have to do the 3 hr. Don’t know how I can sit that long. I get contractions even sitting since it puts baby down onto my cervix. Hopefully they have a room I can lay down in because 3 hrs is a long time! I’m not too worried about the test, I think I will pass. But a little part of me is worried. They said to come in any time this week at 8:30 am. Hoping I won’t feel too sick with fasting then drinking a ton of sugar water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->