January 2020 Garnets

Serenyx - Congrats!! I had no idea they used forceps in c-sections either! I’m glad she has arrived safe and sound and that it went relatively smoothly other than the need for forceps. How big were your other babies?
That’s great that dd1 and dd2 got to meet her last night! Hope you can decide on a name soon! We are still undecided as well.
DD1 was 6lb 5oz and DD2 was 7lb 4oz, so they have increased approx 1lb each time :lol: The smaller set of clothes I took were up to 7.5lbs and fit both the other two fine!

We are thinking of naming her Lyra but are not 100% sure yet - the husband does like that name though.

We were discharged yesterday evening which seemed rather soon to me but the doctors were happy enough with how we were doing. I didn't sleep too well as I was incredibly sore but DH has taken our elder two out for their swimming lessons this morning so baby and I are resting :)

Glad to hear your fluid levels have returned to normal - that must be a relief! I hope you manage to shake your cold and your DH finishes his work before she decides to make her arrival!

Sorry to hear that your daughters are no longer sleeping through the night - not what you need at this point! My eldest sleeps well, but the youngest does still wake a few times through the night.

There can't be many babies left who are still waiting to make an appearance - we only have 6 days left in January :lol:

Hi!

Congrats Serenyx! Shes beautiful x

Hope everyone else is doing ok, cant be too many babies left now!

We are doing ok, really struggling with the long nights of cluster feeding but getting through each day. Cant believe he is almost 5 weeks already!

Screenshot_20200125-152849_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200125-152942_Gallery.jpg

I know Redhead and I are still waiting. I’ll probably be last since she’s being induced on her due date.

I have a horrible cold right now and feel absolutely dreadful. I need baby to stay put until I’m feeling a bit better - both so I have energy to give birth and also so I don’t make her sick! I am extremely worn out from looking after the girls by myself non-stop while DH works constantly. I could really use a break. Tbh, staying in the hospital will probably be a nice “treat” at this point. At this point, I think I’m hoping for a due date baby.

Serenyx - wow, a 1-lb jump each child is a lot! My babies have both been large (over 8 lb) but have been within 2 oz of each other. I am worried this one will make it to 9 lb.

That’s great you’re at home already, although I’m sorry that you didn’t sleep well and are so sore. That does seem like an early release for a c-section! They do tend to push people out as quickly as possible these days.

I hope the transition to 3 kids goes very smoothly for you. Yeah, my dd1 and dd2 never STTN consistently, but dd2 had teased me with a few times last week and I was hopeful it would stick. Oh well.

That’s nice your DH took the older girls to swimming lessons and that you could relax with baby. Beautiful picture! She is lovely. Hope you can decide on a name soon! Lyra is pretty.

Ana - Sorry for the long nights of cluster feeding. I had almost forgotten about that. He is very cute.

I was released at 24hrs after my section, everyone was surprised. I know back with DS and Dd1 (2005 and 2006), they kept me FIVE days after their sections.

Ugh, tell me about the cluster feeding. Dd3 is doing it too. Then shes up for a bit too for her witching hour.

Monday would be my edd....that's a bit crazy. Shell be 6 weeks old.

She’s here! Aubrey arrived today, January 27th, at 1:23 pm. She was 8 lb 2 oz and 20.5” long! She ended up being born on dd2’s birthday, so I’m feeling rather guilty about that (mostly about not being with dd2 on her birthday and not as much about them sharing). The whole thing was pretty quick but not quite as fast and furious as with dd2 (thankfully)! We feel very blessed! And I am SO happy labour is over with!

08C3E36F-01D3-49C1-BF4F-B743558CC659.jpeg

Huge congratulations Literati! She's gorgeous :kiss: lovely name too :flower:

Sorry she decided to arrive on your daughter's birthday so you couldn't spend the day with her - it was good you decided to celebrate last weekend instead!

So far the transition from 2 to 3 is going well for us, I hope it is fairly smooth for you too :)

I believe Red is being induced on the 29th - her due date - but I do think she is the last one (at least of the people who still post here)!

Serenyx - Thank you! Yes, it was a very good thing we had her party early. :) I am glad the transition to 3 is going fairly smoothly for you! Thanks for the well wishes on that. :)

Woo, congrats Literati, she is a beauty, love the name! Too bad you had to miss your daughter's birthday but very cool that they share their special day.

Congratulations to everyone else who has had their babies arrive as well and sorry I've been MIA. I forgot how exhausting feeding a newborn around the clock was, oy. I had a couple of bad baby blues days where I was soooooo sad and weepy, really hoping not to have too many more of those.

We went for another weigh in today and discovered that Zachary has already surpassed his birth weight by an ounce even though he's only 11 days old so we're thrilled about that. My kids don't gain weight easily (DH and I were both very skinny children as well) so we have been feeding him around the clock to make sure he gained properly.

Good luck with your induction Red!

OnErth - Oh, ok! I didn’t realize that! You are very on top of things!

Red head - good luck! Hope all goes well!

Hi, congratulations to you all on your beautiful babies, my little BOY arrived at 6:14am on 22.1.20 weighing 7lbs 6oz, he decided he couldn't wait for induction so all my worries were pointless in the end! Congratulations everyone :happydance:

Congratulations Bumblebeee!! Have you decided on a name yet? :)

Congrats, Bumblebee!! That’s exciting!

Fit mama - thank you! Sorry you are exhausted with cluster feeding. That’s great he is gaining weight and doing well! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having some baby blues. I hope they subside and don’t turn into anything worse. Don’t be afraid to talk to someone if they do! Hugs! The first couple weeks are a difficult time for anyone.

Hi all! And congrats to everyone who has had their little ones.

I'm sorry that I disappeared so completely. This pregnancy outdid itself with the GD, constant nausea, low energy, low iron, a couple spectacular stomach bugs and topped off with some heart problems and several hospital admissions. When I wasn't in hospital, I was largely bedridden. Managing anything beyond working (from my bed) was not possible. On the upside, I knew all the midwives by the time it came time for baby to arrive.

Xander arrived at 38w+5d, induction. Took 24 hours to get started but spent very little time in the delivery suite :) 6lbs 13oz

He is my favourite thing in this world, and I am starting to feel human. He's 3 weeks old. Screenshot 2020-01-29 at 08.30.05.png

Congrats, J.D.! He is so adorable. I am sorry the pregnancy was so incredibly hard on you. It sounds like a really rough one. It must be such a relief to have Xander here now! Glad you’re starting to feel human again. So happy for you. Thanks for sharing the announcement!

Congratulations J.D. - he is gorgeous :)

Sorry to hear you had a tough time of it during pregnancy though!

Congratulations J.D. and nice to see you again!!
Glad you're feeling human again! At 13 days old I'm not quite there yet LOL.

Reality is starting to set in for me...this is my 4 year old's last full week of daycare before he cuts back to 2 days a week, and then 1 week from now DH goes back to work. Nervous and hoping that looking after both of them on my own in this sleep deprived state won't be a disaster.

Congratulations BumbleBee and J.D. so pleased for you. Anyone still waiting to have their baby? End of January is soon upon us!

I totally forgot about life in this sleep deprived state! How is everyone else getting on?

Caitlin's weight in on track so I'm really happy. She lost 1lb by day 3 and another oz by day 5 but yesterday had got back to 11lb. Hopefully all signs she is feeding and doing well! Her Jaundice is slowly fading so hopefully she won't need any treatment for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->