January Hopefuls...What's next for us???

I think it's a good idea to let your boss know pretty early on. I remember my hubby coming home talking about how he thought his nurse was coming to work hung over everyday. He was pretty annoyed. Then she told him she was preggers lol! I mean, the reason we wait is in case there is an early miscarriage. But if, God forbid, that did happen, it probably wouldn't be a bad thing for your boss to be aware so he could go easy on you if you weren't 100%. Just my two cents…I know it's a very personal decision!

I love working with men. Much easier for me as well. It is sad that women can not just realize we should all be on the same team. Not working against each other.

I work in the Commercial office at a bank. So on the other side is the bank lobby. Plenty of young women over there. I do not talk to them about TTC, but I am def able to talk to them about other things & also when work gets crazy. I can talk to my boss, too...if things are really nuts. I don't talk personal with him.

I have thought a lot about this...I will tell him first. But I will wait awhile with everyone else. And I thought of telling everyone except the woman in my office...just thought it would be funny if she was the last to know...she thinks she needs to know everything & is always in your business...but you can't ask her anything.

Probably makes it harder in a smaller group situation when you have a PIA co-worker! At least you have some friendly co-workers too. I think it is hard at times that others do not know we are TTC but for now I prefer it that way.

I would wait to tell her too. She doesn't need to know about your personal situations. It would be funny to see how long it took her to notice your bump! :)

Savvy def my thought too! Because people usually do not like asking women if they are pregnant.

I mainly want to tell my boss so he will know in case I act weird or if a medical thing comes up (like I faint or something). Also I just really get along with him & he is a dad so I know he will be happy. He will not be happy about maternity leave :) He relies heavily on me. Even me going on vacation stresses him out.

My boss knows I've been trying. She and I have worked together for 14 years, with a 3-yr break in between when I moved closer to my family for a while. She and I are very close, and I knew I might eventually be having some tests done when it started taking me a while to conceive, so I'd be taking off for Dr's appointments. So I figured it was best to just be straight-up with her. I feel like I can tell her anything, and almost everything, lol. She'll be fully prepared when I get prego. She was also more prepared when I had my m/c and I wanted to work from home for a few days. So I'm glad she's up to speed.

If I get pregnant my boss will know date of conception at this point! I've been out of work for three scans leading up to iui this week and have warned my boss I may need Monday off too.

Really hoping this is a lucky thread girlies! I'm hoping it is xxx

beaglemom, the only problem is that it sounds like this woman wouldn't be afraid to ask! At least your boss is cool! I agree that someone should know that your prego at work just in case something were to happen or at least so they understand why you are leaving work for appointments and stuff.

Erin, that is great your boss understands and is on board with appointments and work from home days. That makes it easier.

Daisy, wishing you lots of luck with your IUI! Your boss sounds awesome to be so understanding!!

Not much going on here, I keep getting some major heartburn in the afternoon the past few days. I used to get it all the time before starting my new diet, 8 weeks ago. It is odd that it is back. So I am not sure what is going on now...

beaglemom, the only problem is that it sounds like this woman wouldn't be afraid to ask! At least your boss is cool! I agree that someone should know that your prego at work just in case something were to happen or at least so they understand why you are leaving work for appointments and stuff.

Erin, that is great your boss understands and is on board with appointments and work from home days. That makes it easier.

Daisy, wishing you lots of luck with your IUI! Your boss sounds awesome to be so understanding!!

Not much going on here, I keep getting some major heartburn in the afternoon the past few days. I used to get it all the time before starting my new diet, 8 weeks ago. It is odd that it is back. So I am not sure what is going on now...

She probably wouldn't be afraid to ask. I don't have issues with appointments...at least not yet. My dr is like 15 min away & I just tell the boss I have an appt...don't specify anything. Then I just skip lunch or whatever to make up time. But if I end up with the IUI, I will have to give short notice on getting a day off. Which still isn't an issue because I don't call in sick so he knows if I need off, there is a good reason. At least if it ends up being unmonitored IUI, I won't have to worry about a ton of appts in a short period of time. If I end up going to IVF, that is another story.

As far as heartburn, not sure. I have never really had it. But who knows? Maybe it can be a good sign. If I remember, I still plan to test tomorrow...I think...really on the fence. I know I should wait.

Hi ladies... Im in need of positive thoughts from you guys....

Just came back from the doctor and have one 17mm follicle, lining is at 7mm, which is great.... but my tsh (I have hypothyroidism) went through the roof! 8.1! Its never been this high ever ever, even when i first got diagnosed and wasnt even taking any medication for it.. :(

does anyone have any information on this? For what I know hypo means I have higher chance of miscarriage... and Im guessing at that high level, pregnancy is not happening for me this month.... although the doctor was still hopeful...

If I get pregnant my boss will know date of conception at this point! I've been out of work for three scans leading up to iui this week and have warned my boss I may need Monday off too.

Really hoping this is a lucky thread girlies! I'm hoping it is xxx

I feel like this is indeed a lucky thread. :) Glad you found us. Good things are coming for all!!!!

Savvy, I have a good friend who had major heartburn her entire first trimester. :) It's definitely common!! Fxd!

Just came back from the doctor and have one 17mm follicle, lining is at 7mm, which is great.... but my tsh (I have hypothyroidism) went through the roof! 8.1! Its never been this high ever ever, even when i first got diagnosed and wasnt even taking any medication for it.. :(

does anyone have any information on this? For what I know hypo means I have higher chance of miscarriage... and Im guessing at that high level, pregnancy is not happening for me this month.... although the doctor was still hopeful...

Sure wish I could help answer this, but I don't know much about hypothyroidism. But sounds like your dr feels pretty ok, so don't stress. And sounds like your follie and lining are great!! So that's good news!!! :flower:

Sure wish I could help answer this, but I don't know much about hypothyroidism. But sounds like your dr feels pretty ok, so don't stress. And

sounds like your follie and lining are great!! So that's good news!!! :flower:
:flower:
My thyroid is underactive. Is you over or under?? I had my blood tested a month or so ago and it was ok with the medication I am currently taking. Try not to worry I was told they will just increase medication if you do get pregnant. Have they suggested to up your dose? Whilst ttcing I get mine checked every two months.

I worrying the clomid tablets and the hormone tablets to thicken my lining that I am taking are all extra pressure for my body with all the hormones but then I'm telling you not to worry and I'm a total worrier! :hugs:

Sure wish I could help answer this, but I don't know much about hypothyroidism. But sounds like your dr feels pretty ok, so don't stress. And

sounds like your follie and lining are great!! So that's good news!!! :flower:
:flower:
My thyroid is underactive. Is you over or under?? I had my blood tested a month or so ago and it was ok with the medication I am currently taking. Try not to worry I was told they will just increase medication if you do get pregnant. Have they suggested to up your dose? Whilst ttcing I get mine checked every two months.

I worrying the clomid tablets and the hormone tablets to thicken my lining that I am taking are all extra pressure for my body with all the hormones but then I'm telling you not to worry and I'm a total worrier! :hugs:

Im a worrier too...over analyze everything...

Yes, underactive. Ive been on 125mg levothyroxine for years and it has worked fine... now I get tested and ts 8.1!! I think when I found out I had hypo it was 5.7, just slightly underactive and I was not medicated then, obviously.... its just so strange that it went up that high while Im taking my meds....

Doctor upped my dose to 175mg and I'll get tested again in 3 weeks.

AF showed up this morning. I'm sad, but glad to move on. I am fully prepared for this cycle and looking forward to getting my bfp very soon.

haleiwamama, sending positive thoughts your way. Unfortunately I don't know anything about hypothyroidism, but I am glad you got good news about your follicle and lining.

beaglemom, I woke up all ready to test. At least AF showed up for me before I wasted a test. I hope your morning goes better than mine! Fx'd for a BFP for you!

Sorry to hear about af savvy:-( xx I'm always glad when she arrives before I've wasted an expensive test on bfn, worse when she arrives after. Ttc is very annoying. Xx

Sorry to hear about af savvy:-( xx I'm always glad when she arrives before I've wasted an expensive test on bfn, worse when she arrives after. Ttc is very annoying. Xx

Agreed! I am bummed, but glad to move on. I didn't really track anything last cycle after my m/c, but I am ready to be back in the game!

Savvy I know you are ready for a fresh start.

I opted to not test. I'm back and forth on whether getting a pos early outweighs all the negatives. Plus I honestly do not have high hopes. If I'm not pregnant at least I can look forward to the iui.

Oh and I finally got Taking Charge of Your Fertility from the library. It was on a waiting list forever. So I'll be skimming through that. I feel kind of wiped out on info these days.

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to thank Savvy & FutureBaby will your advice to my first post on here. I took a HPT this morning (coincidentally my husband's birthday) and got my BFP!!!
I couldn't believe it and I am so glad I took the advice and didn't wait any longer to see if AF would show up.
I do think in a few days I will take the other HPT just confirm before I go to my usual Drs appointment.
Thank You again for your advice. I didn't have a lot of people I could ask these questions to who would really be able to give me advice or opinions so this meant a lot!

Sorry to hear about your AF, Savvy. I should've read the latest posts today before writing my own. Sending happy thoughts and baby dust your way for this next cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->