January Hopefuls...What's next for us???

AF showed up this morning. I'm sad, but glad to move on. I am fully prepared for this cycle and looking forward to getting my bfp very soon.

haleiwamama, sending positive thoughts your way. Unfortunately I don't know anything about hypothyroidism, but I am glad you got good news about your follicle and lining.

beaglemom, I woke up all ready to test. At least AF showed up for me before I wasted a test. I hope your morning goes better than mine! Fx'd for a BFP for you!

Hi Savvy, Im sorry to hear about AF... that blows... Ive had a good attitude like you this whole year, but Im starting to lose it... this is making me emotional and insecure :/

I had a crazy day yesterday... My dentist got sick and rescheduled my wisdom teeth surgery for yesterday... I wanted to get that done before getting pregnant but I knew that it was close to my ovulation sinnce I was taking clomid .. I checked with both the fertility doctor and the Dentist Surgeon that the surgery wouldnt interfere with the fertility treatment at all... they both called back and said I should be ok...

In the meantime I kept on going to the fertility doctor to check on follicle growth and it was looking like this weekend I was gonna take my hsg shot... I got called back on thursday because my LH levels were higher than expected and they wanted to check my follicle again... it was all ok.. but another appointment was scheduled for Friday, after my wisdom teeth surgery..

Friday rolls in, I show up at the dentist office, they hook my IV up, put those sticky things on my chest and stomach to monitor my pressure, give me laughing gas (which btw I hated!) etc... I'm ready to be put to sleep. But then i mention to the doctor that I have another appointment after the surgery and he stops everything and says "if you have errands to do and appointments t go to after this, I cant do your surgery! You wont be able to go anywhere after here. You're gonna be groggy and in pain and if you keep walking around, it will keep bleeding in your mouth and youre gonna freak out. You need to go home and sleep and ice your face"

Im like: "but I have 2 appointments after here!", "no, you dont" , he said... so they call my husband in, take out the respirator and now Im calling my fert doctor to find out if tomorrow would be ok instead of today, but they say I should really go in today... Grrr, this throws everything off!

It gets worse... Dentist comes back in and I explain to him that I cant cancel the fertility appt because they may give me the HSG shot today instead of tomorrow... and the dentist is like "then I really cant do the surgery because all the medication I would be giving you today will either cause an instant abortion or will give your baby serious birth defects in case you are already pregnant"... I was like "take all this stuff off me now!!" I knew I wasnt pregnant, but I know there was a chance I had ovulated already.... it was scary... not I still have both teeth that would be gone by now... My boss will never believe this story! Its the second time I take a day off and dont do the surgery...

I was pissed!! I cant believe that when I checked they said it was Ok for me to do the surgery...

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to thank Savvy & FutureBaby will your advice to my first post on here. I took a HPT this morning (coincidentally my husband's birthday) and got my BFP!!!
I couldn't believe it and I am so glad I took the advice and didn't wait any longer to see if AF would show up.
I do think in a few days I will take the other HPT just confirm before I go to my usual Drs appointment.
Thank You again for your advice. I didn't have a lot of people I could ask these questions to who would really be able to give me advice or opinions so this meant a lot!

Congrats Gobo! What wonderful news! I'm always happy to see those BFPs. :happydance: H&H 9 months!!

Oh haleiwamama, so sorry to hear about all that! Ugh, what a mess that was, huh? :growlmad: I know that's really tough having to explain a story like that to your boss. Its not everyday they hear stories like that, so it sucks having to try and explain! TTC is a very difficult journey indeed. But you were able to go to your fertility appt on Friday, right? How'd it go? Are you taking the shot this weekend?

Oh, and beaglemom, you definitely have a lot to look forward to with that IUI! That could totally be the only issue you and DH are having... just that his spermies aren't making it to the egg! And with IUI, they'll get those spermies right in there, and they won't have as far to swim. I think you have SUCH great chances of getting your BFP really soon after you start IUI. Of course, you could still get it this month too, so not losing hope just yet. :) But if not, I'm feeling very strongly that IUI is gonna do the trick for you guys!! :happydance: So exciting.

Oh haleiwamama, so sorry to hear about all that! Ugh, what a mess that was, huh? :growlmad: I know that's really tough having to explain a story like that to your boss. Its not everyday they hear stories like that, so it sucks having to try and explain! TTC is a very difficult journey indeed. But you were able to go to your fertility appt on Friday, right? How'd it go? Are you taking the shot this weekend?

I did go to my appointment and the follicle was 17mm and lining had grown to almost 7mm, which is great! But my TSH (thyroid) level had exploded from 2.4 to 8.1, its never been that high... and that means that even if I do conceive, there will be a high probability of m/c.... this made me really sad..

I just took my shot 30 minutes ago... The nurse called me yesterday after they got my blood test back and said that I should take it in the morning and that I would O exactly 36 hours after that. Can they really tell with that much accuracy? Every where else i looked it said between 24-36 hours.... But she said BD in 36 hours on the clock!

Oh, and beaglemom, you definitely have a lot to look forward to with that IUI! That could totally be the only issue you and DH are having... just that his spermies aren't making it to the egg! And with IUI, they'll get those spermies right in there, and they won't have as far to swim. I think you have SUCH great chances of getting your BFP really soon after you start IUI. Of course, you could still get it this month too, so not losing hope just yet. :) But if not, I'm feeling very strongly that IUI is gonna do the trick for you guys!! :happydance: So exciting.

Is this going to be your first IUI Beaglemom? Keep us posted on how everything goes and what the experience is like... My doc suggested I do that but we opted for timed intercourse first... but honestly, if this cycle doent turn out to be a BFP, I think Im ready to move on to IUI... This rollercoaster is wearing me out emotionally..

Is this going to be your first IUI Beaglemom? Keep us posted on how everything goes and what the experience is like... My doc suggested I do that but we opted for timed intercourse first... but honestly, if this cycle doent turn out to be a BFP, I think Im ready to move on to IUI... This rollercoaster is wearing me out emotionally..

yes I am about 10 dpo today...so if im not this cycle I estimate beginning of Feb will be my first iui. Our only known issue is sperm count which is 12 million. Still waiting on the 2nd analysis. Should know something on Wed when he has the urologist follow up.

Erose~ Your chart is looking great. Your temps seem to be going down. I hope they level off and then spike up for an ovulation. If they don't then I guess after af your body will be ready and you will have clomid back on board. I am so excited for everyone.

Savvy~ Since af started. What's your game plan this month (opks, any temps)? I am so excited. Honestly you will probably be ahead of me with ovulation. I didn't ovulate until CD 17 the last cycle. What day of your cycle do you usually ovulate around?

Beaglemom~ I am so excited for your new adventure you guys are getting started on. IUI is going to get you that BFP!

hi ladies ! this year im doing things totally different ! I signed up for the gym & starting to do the paleo diet ( helpful for my pcos ) & just ordered my first bottle of fertilaid ! im trying to do my best to lose atleast 100lbs because I am 245lbs at the moment i lost 15lbs so far :) but im so hopeing that everything im doing will help get my periods back ( haven't had a period in 10 months , even that one I had to use provera not naturally ) hopefully it works out for me !! baby dust to all you ladies and excited to see some BFP !!

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to thank Savvy & FutureBaby will your advice to my first post on here. I took a HPT this morning (coincidentally my husband's birthday) and got my BFP!!!
I couldn't believe it and I am so glad I took the advice and didn't wait any longer to see if AF would show up.
I do think in a few days I will take the other HPT just confirm before I go to my usual Drs appointment.
Thank You again for your advice. I didn't have a lot of people I could ask these questions to who would really be able to give me advice or opinions so this meant a lot!

Congrats Gobo! Keep that baby warm and snug. Enjoy this time. I know you said you were having a lot of symptoms but hopefully they aren't too bad.

Hi Ladies,

Gobo, congrats!! :happydance:

Super exciting news especially on your hubby's birthday!! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you, now go celebrate!!

haleiwamama, I am sorry for such a crazy dentist experience. Better off that you rescheduled though. I wasn't too happy when I went to the dentist the day after my first bfp...they needed to do the whole mouth x-rays that they can only do every couple years so insurance pays...well I freaked thinking x-rays would be bad for the tiny bean. So I refused to get them. I miscarried 10 days later so I guess I could have gotten them done but if I had gotten them done and then miscarried I would have never forgiven myself. Sending positive thoughts that your thyroid levels can go back down.

FBG, I had short cycles (24-26 day) before the m/c. I read they can change, but I am hoping I keep them the same. I plan on temping starting tomorrow. The opk's I will start twice a day on CD5 or CD6. My new doctor told me to BD from the 7th - 12th day. I am going to start SMEP since that is what I used the first month I got pregnant. Got pre-seed too. Had mucinex ready to go until my hubby reminded me about an hour ago that it makes me very sick...of course the robitussin does too...must be the Guaifenesin :(
How about you? On average how long are your cycles? Temping/opks? Lets get this cycle started - baby or bust! :)

Congrats Gobo...I had a feeling a positive was coming your way.

So now my husband is asking when I will test. I think I will hold out until at least Tuesday...maybe. I will need to call the dr Tuesday anyways to ask some questions & have them call in my clomid before I go on vacation. So I can be prepared.

Welcome xhopefulsoulx! I hope everything you are trying in this new year helps you to get regular periods and regulates your cycles! I think you are on the right track. :flower: Keep us posted!

Thanks FBG! I'm glad my temps went down as well. I knew they'd be a bit rocky after the m/c, so it's nice to see them coming back down to earth. :winkwink: Looks like I got my pos OPK today also. Confirmed with the CB digital smiley. I wasn't expecting that (as you know from the other thread). So it caught me off guard, lol. Made me happy, but at the same time, DH doesn't get back into town until tomorrow. Historically, I will usually O a day after my pos OPK, but I'm hoping and praying that whenenever this egg comes out, that it will just stick around long enough for DH to get home tomorrow.

Savvy, i'm so sorry to hear that guafinesin upsets your stomach! Its good that your DH caught that, what a great man. :) But i know you were looking forward to trying that. Ya' know what though... don't even worry about that... You didnt use it in the month that you got your BFP, so clearly you're gonna be just fine without it. You'll be using the preseed, so that should help out with CM if you do need it. I do recommend using the applicators though. In my first month using it, I only used the applicator right at O time, maybe two days. The other days, we just applied it directly to DH. I realized since the point of it was to give the sperm a friendlier environment, that I wasn't doing much good just using it as a lube... in one of the Youtube videos I watched, it showed that a portion of the sperm will hang out in the walls of the cervix for a couple days waiting for the egg before continuing their journey. If some of that preseed can make it into your cervix, that gives them more chances of surviving for multiple days. It's not just an easier way for them to swim, but also gives them more chances for survival for several days, if the fluids are right. In my second cycle using the preseed, we used the applicators a lot more often. I did get my BFP that cycle, but again, I had also increased my clomid as well. So who knows! The logic just made sense.

Congrats Gobo...I had a feeling a positive was coming your way.

So now my husband is asking when I will test. I think I will hold out until at least Tuesday...maybe. I will need to call the dr Tuesday anyways to ask some questions & have them call in my clomid before I go on vacation. So I can be prepared.

I'm looking forward to your report on Tuesday then, hehe! :winkwink:

Welcome xhopefulsoulx! I hope everything you are trying in this new year helps you to get regular periods and regulates your cycles! I think you are on the right track. :flower: Keep us posted!

Thanks FBG! I'm glad my temps went down as well. I knew they'd be a bit rocky after the m/c, so it's nice to see them coming back down to earth. :winkwink: Looks like I got my pos OPK today also. Confirmed with the CB digital smiley. I wasn't expecting that (as you know from the other thread). So it caught me off guard, lol. Made me happy, but at the same time, DH doesn't get back into town until tomorrow. Historically, I will usually O a day after my pos OPK, but I'm hoping and praying that whenenever this egg comes out, that it will just stick around long enough for DH to get home tomorrow.

Savvy, i'm so sorry to hear that guafinesin upsets your stomach! Its good that your DH caught that, what a great man. :) But i know you were looking forward to trying that. Ya' know what though... don't even worry about that... You didnt use it in the month that you got your BFP, so clearly you're gonna be just fine without it. You'll be using the preseed, so that should help out with CM if you do need it. I do recommend using the applicators though. In my first month using it, I only used the applicator right at O time, maybe two days. The other days, we just applied it directly to DH. I realized since the point of it was to give the sperm a friendlier environment, that I wasn't doing much good just using it as a lube... in one of the Youtube videos I watched, it showed that a portion of the sperm will hang out in the walls of the cervix for a couple days waiting for the egg before continuing their journey. If some of that preseed can make it into your cervix, that gives them more chances of surviving for multiple days. It's not just an easier way for them to swim, but also gives them more chances for survival for several days, if the fluids are right. In my second cycle using the preseed, we used the applicators a lot more often. I did get my BFP that cycle, but again, I had also increased my clomid as well. So who knows! The logic just made sense.

Congrats on the pos opk...I think I know what kind of greeting your husband will be getting tomorrow when he gets home!

So this will probably sound stupid...but I was reading that Taking Charge of Your Fertility...she talks a lot about cm. And I started thinking...because of my husband's schedule on nights...I have only been focusing on the high & peak days on my monitor. But this past cycle I had cm before that. I should have been taking advantage. I feel dumb.

Anyways...not sure I told you guys but his third shift was supposed to be over Jan 1. He is a manager in retail. So anyways his store manager said no he has to stay until April (inventory). He has been on nights for a year! Anyways, the reason was because the person who would replace him sucks, so the manager said he had to stay...total BS! So my husband said either I go to days, or I transfer. Even explained the hardship on his marriage. He also put in a call to the market manager. So now he starts days Feb 1 (or some time near). I am so happy about this, I can't even tell you. No more rushing home to try to have a quickie. Almost makes me want a couple more natural cycles to give it a really good shot...but I know it is time to move on.

So I told my husband the plan is if I get the cm, we go...& if I get a high on my monitor, I will make sure my opk is still negative (usually peak on the monitor is a pos opk). If it is negative, we put in another session. By my math, even if the next day I get a peak, I still have that day in between the last time we were together & IUI. At least that is the plan unless my dr says to abstain longer.

Yeah the applicators made me a bit nervous...without being too TMI, are the applicators kind of like using a tampon? After you insert it, does it make is really slippery? Or make a mess? I never get any cm so I definitely think I need the preseed. Might see if they have kids mucinex...maybe a lower dose wouldn't cause me too many issues.
BTW, Thanks! I think I figured out FF for the chart...now I just need some info to put on it!

beaglemom, that is great your DH is getting his shift changed very soon! It is nice that you will be able to spend more time together in the evenings too!

Savvy, I will tell you my experience with preseed. This whole post will be weird. Basically I try to "apply" about 15 minutes prior. It is similar to using a tampon. I try not to go too far up, because for me, it seems like you need room for it to go in...like make space for the lubricant...don't know how else to say that. Sometimes it feels like it all just came out & then comes out with the applicator. It is a strange sensation. But it seems to go in well. Then I just get in the bed & lie down for about 5-15 min. When you first try it, go with less...then add more if it seems necessary the next time. Too much can just be messy. I think I usually use 2 on the applicator.

I hope this helps...I am sure some other ladies can put in their 2 cents.

haleiwamama, I am sorry for such a crazy dentist experience. Better off that you rescheduled though. I wasn't too happy when I went to the dentist the day after my first bfp...they needed to do the whole mouth x-rays that they can only do every couple years so insurance pays...well I freaked thinking x-rays would be bad for the tiny bean. So I refused to get them. I miscarried 10 days later so I guess I could have gotten them done but if I had gotten them done and then miscarried I would have never forgiven myself. Sending positive thoughts that your thyroid levels can go back down.

FBG, I had short cycles (24-26 day) before the m/c. I read they can change, but I am hoping I keep them the same. I plan on temping starting tomorrow. The opk's I will start twice a day on CD5 or CD6. My new doctor told me to BD from the 7th - 12th day. I am going to start SMEP since that is what I used the first month I got pregnant. Got pre-seed too. Had mucinex ready to go until my hubby reminded me about an hour ago that it makes me very sick...of course the robitussin does too...must be the Guaifenesin :(
How about you? On average how long are your cycles? Temping/opks? Lets get this cycle started - baby or bust! :)

My dh and i will be using cbfm. . . temping. . . preseed. . . fertilitycm. i hope to start testing cd 5 since i could ovulate early. just dont know when i could ovulate and i dont want to miss my chance.

What does SMEP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->