January Hopefuls...What's next for us???

Is it weird that I am keeping track of my bbt since O? I guess I want to see if my temp. Will stay elevated to indicate pregnancy...

Is it weird that I am keeping track of my bbt since O? I guess I want to see if my temp. Will stay elevated to indicate pregnancy...

No, of course it's not weird! That's what everyone does. You're supposed to keep temping after O to make sure temp stays up. Oh, do you mean because you weren't keeping track of it before O? If that's why you're asking, I still don't think it's weird. It will give you an idea of what your post-O temps are, so if you don't get prego this cycle, you'll see your temps go back down, and if you keep temping, then you'll just have your first full chart next month. :)

Negative this morning at two weeks post IUI - so waiting for AF.

Moni, I'm so sorry. I won't lose hope til AF arrives though. I have too many friends who weren't able to get BFPs until after they missed AF. So I always think about that. Especially since your temp is still up. Fxd. :flower:

Everything I read on opk says to wait 3 days also. I will start tonight anyways and not take it serious if it is positive. I know clear blue is better but I am already spending money on the monitor strips so I did cheapo opks.

Moni, sorry about the neg. Hopefully you still have a shot.

To be honest beaglemom, I'm the same way with the cheapies... I'll use them earlier than the three days since they're so cheap. I just won't use my CB until three days since those are so expensive. For some reason, with the cheapies, I think it's just a curious experimental thing for me, Lol!

So as you girls can see, my temp dropped below CL today. That always means AF today or the next day, every single time. The weird thing is, I haven't gotten the brown spotting at all, and instead of being crampy today, I'm just having some lower abdominal discomfort. So it's a strange and different end to a cycle. Not at all like my others. But I attribute that to my body just readjusting after the mc, since this whole cycle has been a weird one anyway... Like, I've never O'd as late as cd16 before! I did take a HPT just in case, and it was neg. So now I wish AF would just get here, so that I can move on to a new cycle and start my clomid since I'm feeling good about Feb.

Everything I read on opk says to wait 3 days also. I will start tonight anyways and not take it serious if it is positive. I know clear blue is better but I am already spending money on the monitor strips so I did cheapo opks.

Moni, sorry about the neg. Hopefully you still have a shot.

To be honest beaglemom, I'm the same way with the cheapies... I'll use them earlier than the three days since they're so cheap. I just won't use my CB until three days since those are so expensive. For some reason, with the cheapies, I think it's just a curious experimental thing for me, Lol!

I just used one when I got home...you know that feeling when you really have to go then nothing really comes? yeh, so I pretty much didn't have enough for the stick. Will test again later.

So as you girls can see, my temp dropped below CL today. That always means AF today or the next day, every single time. The weird thing is, I haven't gotten the brown spotting at all, and instead of being crampy today, I'm just having some lower abdominal discomfort. So it's a strange and different end to a cycle. Not at all like my others. But I attribute that to my body just readjusting after the mc, since this whole cycle has been a weird one anyway... Like, I've never O'd as late as cd16 before! I did take a HPT just in case, and it was neg. So now I wish AF would just get here, so that I can move on to a new cycle and start my clomid since I'm feeling good about Feb.

I am very excited for February for all of us! I am not much for V-Day, but I guess Feb is the month of <3

Erose if you od late your af might be a couple of days late. I could be completely wrong. Your cycle is similar to one I had after my early Loss with the oding late. MIne are usually 28 but I think mine went to 32/3 I think feb will be good for us xx

No, of course it's not weird! That's what everyone does. You're supposed to keep temping after O to make sure temp stays up. Oh, do you mean because you weren't keeping track of it before O? If that's why you're asking, I still don't think it's weird. It will give you an idea of what your post-O temps are, so if you don't get prego this cycle, you'll see your temps go back down, and if you keep temping, then you'll just have your first full chart next month. :)

Yes, since I'm not temping before O. Not sure what my temps should be after though. But I have read that if it stays elevated after I think 16dpo then I should test because its a good chance I may be pregnant. Also read that I may have a low day then temp spike for implantation. I did have a low day the other day then back in the 98's.

Also, I can't remember who said they read the article about getting the sperm in there 2 days before O but that's pretty much what we did this month since I had a + saliva test Thursday then + opk Saturday. I hope it's right!! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, since I'm not temping before O. Not sure what my temps should be after though. But I have read that if it stays elevated after I think 16dpo then I should test because its a good chance I may be pregnant. Also read that I may have a low day then temp spike for implantation. I did have a low day the other day then back in the 98's.

Also, I can't remember who said they read the article about getting the sperm in there 2 days before O but that's pretty much what we did this month since I had a + saliva test Thursday then + opk Saturday. I hope it's right!! Thanks for sharing!

I think it is a great idea to start temping anytime. I am learning so much and I wish I would have started taking them months ago. I think erin mentioned it was 18dpo that gives you a good chance of being pregnant. I look at that taking my temp costs me nothing but a minute of my time a day, I already had a bbt. So it is worth it to me. I just signed up for the FF $25 for an entire year VIP membership and I find the stuff that is included to be very helpful! Good luck this cycle - keep us posted!!

Hi Ladies, I finally tested today and to my surprise I got a :bfp: I wasn't expecting it at all after my first round of clomid. Hope you ladies are all doing well!

Hi Ladies, I finally tested today and to my surprise I got a :bfp: I wasn't expecting it at all after my first round of clomid. Hope you ladies are all doing well!

Wow!! Awesome news, congrats on your bfp!! :happydance:

Beaglemom, the Sims?? That was my favorite game back over 10 years ago when the first one came out. I was so highly addicted to the game. I would go to sleep and dream about the game. I would be out with friends just thinking about the game. Every free second I had, I played the game. Finally from so much addiction I had to break away from the game!! At times my friends (who were also addicted) and I discuss those fun times but I know if I started playing the game again I would be just as addicted. Best game ever!! :)
Okay seriously....I want to play the game again!!

Erin, that is good you determined that your dose is the half dose already. Please just be careful using it other than what your doctor recommended. I think that if most girls are saying they started right after O, that you should be fine. But I am not a doctor and really have no idea what meds are safe, etc. But if I was in your situation I would probably do the same! :)

FBG, I am sorry you have to work this weekend but I am glad you are going to get your peak soon!! Should be a fun weekend for you! BTW how did you convince DH to check your cp? You don't have to tell me anything, I know it is personal. Do you lay down when he checks? I tried to get my DH to check but he had no idea what to "feel" for! haha :)

CD15 here...So my temp went back up just a bit this morning, but I also checked it an hour later than normal. Still a negative opk. I want the day to be over so I can sleep and check my temp tomorrow! I keep my wondfo opks each day and line them up. All of the test lines are just about the same in darkness...it is so weird. Just going to keep bding my way to a bfp! Have a great weekend girlies!! :)

My dh did a bunch of research and said that when its low and closed it feels like a nose. softer feels like lips. when open it has a dimple. he started trying to find my cp at the beginning of my cycle and then he was able to easily follow it. first cycle he was very unsure andnot very confident and i think this is only his second cycle and hesitation right on. he checks it in the am before i get up.

Congrats!!!! Great news! :happydance: Guess you can remove "frustrated" from your username now, hehe! So happy to hear the news!

Erose if you od late your af might be a couple of days late. I could be completely wrong. Your cycle is similar to one I had after my early Loss with the oding late. MIne are usually 28 but I think mine went to 32/3 I think feb will be good for us xx

Thanks Hun! I thought that might happen with the later O. But tonight I'm really feeling AF coming, so looks like it'll be here by morning! :dohh: Oh well, on to Feb!! :)

I did speak too soon about the "no brown spotting" thing. Ha! By early evening, it arrived. And now tonight, my abdominal discomfort has turned into full blown cramps. So AF should arrive by morning. That temp drop always means AF anyway, so I've been expecting it. I'm happy to start new in Feb. I'll start my clomid probably five days from tomorrow (since I haven't started a full flow yet, tomorrow will be cd1). And I'm just feeling good about Feb, so ready to move on! :)

My dh did a bunch of research and said that when its low and closed it feels like a nose. softer feels like lips. when open it has a dimple. he started trying to find my cp at the beginning of my cycle and then he was able to easily follow it. first cycle he was very unsure andnot very confident and i think this is only his second cycle and hesitation right on. he checks it in the am before i get up.

Thanks for the info. I thought I had read once how you really need to start tracking from the beginning of the cycle or you won't know what to "feel" for. Did you get your peak yet on the monitor?? :)

Totally confused by my chart. My temp went up by 0.1 today and FF gave me this message:

"Note: Your chart data does not allow ovulation to be pinpointed to within a 24 hour timeframe.
Your temperature suggests, however, that ovulation may have occurred between CD 8 and CD 14."

So I took out all the negative opk's and it gave me dotted CH. Oing on CD12 really makes sense to me since I usually have a 24-26 day cycle and when I was using opks back in November I thought I had a + on CD11 and that is the month I got prego.

So do I take out the negative opks (I never got a positive testing twice per day) or leave them? If I leave them I wonder if FF will ever give me CHs.

Thanks for any help/suggestions! :)

I did speak too soon about the "no brown spotting" thing. Ha! By early evening, it arrived. And now tonight, my abdominal discomfort has turned into full blown cramps. So AF should arrive by morning. That temp drop always means AF anyway, so I've been expecting it. I'm happy to start new in Feb. I'll start my clomid probably five days from tomorrow (since I haven't started a full flow yet, tomorrow will be cd1). And I'm just feeling good about Feb, so ready to move on! :)

Sorry to hear it sounds like AF is on her way. I really think your body just needed time to heal from the mc. It is good that you will be back on the dose of clomid that got you prego last time and I know you are prepared with other meds and ideas too.

Totally confused by my chart. My temp went up by 0.1 today and FF gave me this message:

"Note: Your chart data does not allow ovulation to be pinpointed to within a 24 hour timeframe.
Your temperature suggests, however, that ovulation may have occurred between CD 8 and CD 14."

So I took out all the negative opk's and it gave me dotted CH. Oing on CD12 really makes sense to me since I usually have a 24-26 day cycle and when I was using opks back in November I thought I had a + on CD11 and that is the month I got prego.

So do I take out the negative opks (I never got a positive testing twice per day) or leave them? If I leave them I wonder if FF will ever give me CHs.

Leave the OPKs out for now, since you never got a pos anyway. Then if your temp stays up tomorrow, FF may give you solid CHs, or may even move your O day to cd14. It can't commit for sure yet, because you had a drop after your very first rise. So I think it just needs another day or so of data. Once you get solid CHs, you could put the neg OPKs back in and see if they stay. If you don't ever get solid CHs, then that will mean FF is just unsure from the data you've entered. Entering cm is helpful too, but I know you mentioned once that you don't really get much cm throughout your cycle.

Leave the OPKs out for now, since you never got a pos anyway. Then if your temp stays up tomorrow, FF may give you solid CHs, or may even move your O day to cd14. It can't commit for sure yet, because you had a drop after your very first rise. So I think it just needs another day or so of data. Once you get solid CHs, you could put the neg OPKs back in and see if they stay. If you don't ever get solid CHs, then that will mean FF is just unsure from the data you've entered. Entering cm is helpful too, but I know you mentioned once that you don't really get much cm throughout your cycle.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I am going to keep temping and using the cheapie opks and of course I will BD every other day just to be sure in case I haven't O'd yet. (TMI alert) Unfortunately I don't notice any cm in my underwear. Last week when I wiped it felt a little wet but nothing really on the toilet paper. I know I should check cp/cm and probably will start if needed next cycle, at least it would give me more useful information. I wonder why I never got a + opk, I tested twice daly (early am/mid afternoon). I would be happy if I O'd already though, just hoping we caught the eggie! :)

I noticed you temp went back up just a bit. How are you feeling today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->