• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January Hopefuls...What's next for us???

I hate when you feel symptoms, but don't know if they're real or not!! I woke up a few mornings in a row last week with a stomachache, and I'd been unusually tired....but I also had a cold. And I haven't had the upset stomach the past few mornings. So confusing!

It is so hard to figure the symptoms out! I get so confused. Hopefully the stomachache and fatigue are good symptoms for you!

Yay that's awesome!!! FX'ed for some good swimmers for your little egg!!!

AFM, I got my progesterone results today, it was 7.4, which is better than I was expecting. Still lower than last month though (it was 8.3), but I guess I'm just waiting for AF or no AF now!! I asked my dr's nurse about upping to 150 mg Clomid since this next one will be my last round (if I get a :bfn:), she didn't sound too happy about it, but she said when the time came we could talk to the dr. I'm just afraid that's still too low to get a good egg, but I'm trying to stay positive!

Thanks jayhawk! Glad you were able to get your progesterone results today and hopefully you have a sticky little bean! Remind me - what day are you on? Hopefully you won't need another round of clomid, Fx'd!!

I'm CD27, according to FF AF will be here Feb. 3 (a day after my birthday, haha). But that's just based on past cycle lengths since I never got a +opk. So I think I'll probably test this Saturday.....

I'm CD27, according to FF AF will be here Feb. 3 (a day after my birthday, haha). But that's just based on past cycle lengths since I never got a +opk. So I think I'll probably test this Saturday.....

Fx'd for an extra special birthday gift! :)

Savvy, hopefully you are feeling some O cramps! I feel like I am having some now, but I also need to go to the bathroom...first day back to work & I have finished my coffee, but not much time for breaks. I did get an opk in at 10...it was neg. So I am hoping I will get a pos sooner rather than later. Just talked to my boss & based on the weather we may leave early Tues, possibly out Wed, & a delay on Thurs. Which really sucks because I don't know how this will affect my doctor's office.

Savvy, hopefully you are feeling some O cramps! I feel like I am having some now, but I also need to go to the bathroom...first day back to work & I have finished my coffee, but not much time for breaks. I did get an opk in at 10...it was neg. So I am hoping I will get a pos sooner rather than later. Just talked to my boss & based on the weather we may leave early Tues, possibly out Wed, & a delay on Thurs. Which really sucks because I don't know how this will affect my doctor's office.

Do you have time to call or email your doctor and ask if they have and idea what they will do with the weather? I sure hope the bad weather clears before you get your + opk!

Do you have time to call or email your doctor and ask if they have and idea what they will do with the weather? I sure hope the bad weather clears before you get your + opk!

I thought about doing that & I still might. But the way I see it, what does it matter either way, you know? I can't hold the egg...lol! But I may call just so I know.

So I had a very mysterious, coded conversation with my boss. He thinks I am so weird, but he should be used to it by now. I pretty much NEVER tell him specifics on what I am doing. I will say I have a thing. But I told him no one is sick, dying, or getting divorced...& I am NOT looking for another job. Mainly he wants to make sure I am ok. He said he doesn't care what I am doing, if I have the personal time available it is my time. And he said just tell me you have a doctor's appointment even if it's not a doctor's appointment. He is so funny...such a guy. But I said I hate doing last minute requests & also I just took a week off. Plus the snow & we have deadlines for the end of the month. Also it doesn't help that I can't tell him for sure what day or what time of day or if it will be a whole day or a few hours. So I don't know if there is anything else we can add to this mix, I think I have all kinds of factors working around me for this IUI. My brain can barely function. I have decided that if this IUI doesn't work, I may just tell him everything. Also I have to do an order on Monday for supplies which includes paper. I don't think I want to pick it up during my TWW. So that is something else to worry about. Keeping secrets is HARD!

So right now I just need to focus on work & BREATHE!

I thought about doing that & I still might. But the way I see it, what does it matter either way, you know? I can't hold the egg...lol! But I may call just so I know.

So I had a very mysterious, coded conversation with my boss. He thinks I am so weird, but he should be used to it by now. I pretty much NEVER tell him specifics on what I am doing. I will say I have a thing. But I told him no one is sick, dying, or getting divorced...& I am NOT looking for another job. Mainly he wants to make sure I am ok. He said he doesn't care what I am doing, if I have the personal time available it is my time. And he said just tell me you have a doctor's appointment even if it's not a doctor's appointment. He is so funny...such a guy. But I said I hate doing last minute requests & also I just took a week off. Plus the snow & we have deadlines for the end of the month. Also it doesn't help that I can't tell him for sure what day or what time of day or if it will be a whole day or a few hours. So I don't know if there is anything else we can add to this mix, I think I have all kinds of factors working around me for this IUI. My brain can barely function. I have decided that if this IUI doesn't work, I may just tell him everything. Also I have to do an order on Monday for supplies which includes paper. I don't think I want to pick it up during my TWW. So that is something else to worry about. Keeping secrets is HARD!

Beaglemom, that is true...but I figured maybe knowing what to expect just in case the weather gets bad might put your mind at ease. I am such a planner and I like to know every detail, if I don't I just dwell on it causing myself lots of unneeded stress. But we are all different! :)

I am glad your boss is on board with you requesting last minute time off. It is probably better you gave him the heads up so he will understand when you call him or go running out of the office. I agree, keeping the ttc is extremely hard. I keep making stupid excuses to family and friends and I know they are probably wondering why.

Beaglemom, that is true...but I figured maybe knowing what to expect just in case the weather gets bad might put your mind at ease. I am such a planner and I like to know every detail, if I don't I just dwell on it causing myself lots of unneeded stress. But we are all different! :)

I am glad your boss is on board with you requesting last minute time off. It is probably better you gave him the heads up so he will understand when you call him or go running out of the office. I agree, keeping the ttc is extremely hard. I keep making stupid excuses to family and friends and I know they are probably wondering why.

I did call. Basically she said they won't know until the weather happens. She was thinking Wednesday they may be closed. But now the weather has changed where most of the snow will hit tomorrow. So tomorrow may be an early day & Wednesday a no work day. So frustrating. I am a planner as well. But the stuff I am doing right now, I just had to learn whatever will be will be. I mean, how do you plan when everything has some other factor it is depending on? We are putting in some BD to cover our bases. Part of me thinks maybe if the IUI is cancelled it will just be one of those weird situations where everything was against us & it just happened on it's own without the IUI. But that is just a fantasy that I am not relying on. Or maybe I will be lucky & work will be closed but the dr office open.

AFM, I got my progesterone results today, it was 7.4, which is better than I was expecting. Still lower than last month though (it was 8.3), but I guess I'm just waiting for AF or no AF now!! I asked my dr's nurse about upping to 150 mg Clomid since this next one will be my last round (if I get a :bfn:), she didn't sound too happy about it, but she said when the time came we could talk to the dr. I'm just afraid that's still too low to get a good egg, but I'm trying to stay positive!

Thanks jayhawk! Glad you were able to get your progesterone results today and hopefully you have a sticky little bean! Remind me - what day are you on? Hopefully you won't need another round of clomid, Fx'd!!

I am testing this Saturday morning too!! We are testing buddies :thumbup: I will be on CD35 though. My cycles are so long! lol Hoping for us both to have a :bfp:

I am testing this Saturday morning too!! We are testing buddies :thumbup: I will be on CD35 though. My cycles are so long! lol Hoping for us both to have a :bfp:

Yay, hopefully it's a lucky day for both of us!! :dust:

I did call. Basically she said they won't know until the weather happens. She was thinking Wednesday they may be closed. But now the weather has changed where most of the snow will hit tomorrow. So tomorrow may be an early day & Wednesday a no work day. So frustrating. I am a planner as well. But the stuff I am doing right now, I just had to learn whatever will be will be. I mean, how do you plan when everything has some other factor it is depending on? We are putting in some BD to cover our bases. Part of me thinks maybe if the IUI is cancelled it will just be one of those weird situations where everything was against us & it just happened on it's own without the IUI. But that is just a fantasy that I am not relying on. Or maybe I will be lucky & work will be closed but the dr office open.

I am a big believer in everything happens for a reason. As hard as it is to understand, everything works out the way it is meant to. I try to stay positive and hope for the best and deal with what is given to me.

I am glad you are putting in a little BDing on your own and hopefully the weather will pass long before you get a peak on your monitor. Trying to keep positive for you, fx'd for everything to work out.

When does your DH start his new day shift?

I still had a very strong positive on my cheapie opks this afternoon...so that probably means I haven't O'd yet? Planning on BDing tonight!!

I am a big believer in everything happens for a reason. As hard as it is to understand, everything works out the way it is meant to. I try to stay positive and hope for the best and deal with what is given to me.

I am glad you are putting in a little BDing on your own and hopefully the weather will pass long before you get a peak on your monitor. Trying to keep positive for you, fx'd for everything to work out.

I am also that way. People often say what would you change if you could change anything? I say nothing...I would never go back because going back means I wouldn't be here now.

He will work night shift Wed & Thurs then days will start Sat. So another good thing for me is finally having the house to myself for a day. I really miss that. I usually use my weekends when he works to just relax as I do laundry or something like that. I love my husband, but I def need breaks sometimes.

I still had a very strong positive on my cheapie opks this afternoon...so that probably means I haven't O'd yet? Planning on BDing tonight!!

I love that you are so excited! I am excited for you too.

So I just had a lady on another thread say she was chatting as they did her ultrasound & said she had IUI 2 yrs ago & hoped it worked again this time. The the ultrasound tech basically said IUI doesn't work for everyone & she would probably need IVF. I was so blown away. I have said this before, but I can't STAND when people do things like that. I really hate the stomping on someone's positive outlook. Someone in her position should know we are fragile anyways. I mean, does that tech even know what it's like to be told you need clomid or IUI or IVF? It is devastating. Not to mention being told to take something or do something & it doesn't work month after month.

I am also that way. People often say what would you change if you could change anything? I say nothing...I would never go back because going back means I wouldn't be here now.

He will work night shift Wed & Thurs then days will start Sat. So another good thing for me is finally having the house to myself for a day. I really miss that. I usually use my weekends when he works to just relax as I do laundry or something like that. I love my husband, but I def need breaks sometimes.

I totally agree. Things work out, it might be hard to deal with at the moment but we eventually work through things and come out just fine. Did you ever see the movie The Butterfly Effect?

Wow only two more night shifts, that is awesome! I am sure you are both very excited! I love when my hubby is home with me on the weekends but once Monday comes I am ready for him to get back to work! I have my own business and work from home, so I like my quiet house, but I do usually end up missing him by Wednesday and look forward to the weekend!

I love that you are so excited! I am excited for you too.

So I just had a lady on another thread say she was chatting as they did her ultrasound & said she had IUI 2 yrs ago & hoped it worked again this time. The the ultrasound tech basically said IUI doesn't work for everyone & she would probably need IVF. I was so blown away. I have said this before, but I can't STAND when people do things like that. I really hate the stomping on someone's positive outlook. Someone in her position should know we are fragile anyways. I mean, does that tech even know what it's like to be told you need clomid or IUI or IVF? It is devastating. Not to mention being told to take something or do something & it doesn't work month after month.

That is why I love this group and thread - everyone is so positive and always jumps in to help answer questions, etc! The reason I switched doctors last month was because of the nurses attitude when she called to tell me I wasn't pregnant..here I am completely crushed hearing the terrible news and she sounds excited telling me the news. After they basically yelled at me because they couldn't reach me when I was in the mountains without cell service. It is good to offer positive advice or explain how things might have to work...it is good to be gentle and kind. I try to treat others like I would want to be treated. IUI works for so many people, I have a feeling that you are going to have some good results! :)

Ok that makes me so mad she said that! I am going to say that I am not trying to brag or anything but my RE is ranked 3rd in the nation for infertility and he just this past year started IVF. I have a friend or did 3 rounds of IVF and didn't work went to Dr. Chin and got pregnant on her 2nd round of IUI after 5yrs. of TTC. So her saying that is ridiculous. I know some ladies do need IVF for certain reasons but IUI is very successful. Don't let her tell you anything different!!

Also, I was fine 2 days ago not testing but I really really want to test today but its only 9dpo. Please give me strength to not test lol

I have seen butterfly effect. When I was dating my dh his brother gave it to me and told me I HAD to watch it. I tried to watch it several times answer just couldnt get into it and understand what was going on. when i told my bil to be he said i had to see it so he made me watch it with him one night when my dh was at work. When he finally got me to watch it i thought it was really good. I think I shall watch it again this weekend. Thanks for the reminder of a great movie.

Hi Everyone, just wanted to pop in and see how it's going. This month has been rough for me. With the start of my last cycle I had a lot of pelvic pain and missed work. After a week of pelvic pain I went in for an ultrasound and they saw quite a few cysts on my ovaries, more than likely from the clomid. The pain continued and I had a CT scan which still showed the cysts, enlarged ovaries and lesions on my kidneys. I've been through rounds and rounds of testing. Got the word from my OB today that they want to go ahead with a lap to see if I have endometriosis and they will do an HSG at the same time. I should get a call tomorrow to get everything scheduled. This means I will more than likely be out for a few months. That's OK though because I have a wedding to plan. I hope all is well and still praying for BFBs for you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->