January Jelly Beans 2014!

Hello girls!
Anyone suffering from gum pain? My upper gum started aching some hours back and now it hurts like anything,I can't even chew on my left side. I read it up in google and it says pregnancy gingivitis. Now the pain has spread to left side of my head and neck. I don't have tooth decay. Any home remedies that you know of?:cry:

Goldstns I live in Basalt 10 min from Carbondale :) Sometimes I wish I lived closer to a city but I love the mountains

Salamander hop it's the baby's hb you found :)

Salamander- one way I test to see if its me or baby is to breathe deeply and slowly once I find the heartbeat. If its mine it slows down immediately...when it's baby's it makes no difference. Aren't dopplers fun?!

Thanks! Will give that a try :thumbup: I have my scan on Monday so hopefully will get more of an idea where baby is then.

Hello girls!
Anyone suffering from gum pain? My upper gum started aching some hours back and now it hurts like anything,I can't even chew on my left side. I read it up in google and it says pregnancy gingivitis. Now the pain has spread to left side of my head and neck. I don't have tooth decay. Any home remedies that you know of?:cry:

Not experienced it myself but when my mum has gum pain she gargles mouthwash which apparently helps. Gargling salt water might help too and take some paracetamol for the pain.

Hope it feels better soon :flower:

Hello girls!

desptcc, I'm sorry you are having gum pain. I've never experienced anything like that. I had really sensitive gums with my son though. They bled every time I brushed or flossed my teeth. It was aweful; I even stopped flossing because of how bad they bled. Luckily I don't have that this time, or not as bad anyway. I hope you can find some relief! You might want to talk with your doctor/midwife just see what can be done. Do you have orajel where you live? Its something you use when you have a toothache; it might help. Though I'm not sure about its safety in pregnancy. Have you tried tylenol? If it's bad, I'd definitely call your doctor/midwife just to be safe! I hope the pain goes away soon! :hugs:

I got my doppler today and I think I found baby's heartbeat but not sure if it was my own :shrug:

The first place I found it was right on my pubic bone, slightly to the left. Pretty sure this was baby because my uterus is still pretty low down- mostly below my pubic bone still I think. Baby then moved so I was searching around again and found it in two more places but they were too far left/right and in the same place on both sides so I think that was my own pulse. I gave up for a bit and then had another go and found heartbeat a little higher than last time and slightly to the right so thinking baby swam over there to get away from the noise lol but not sure if that was my heartbeat too :wacko:

Will have another go later and have OH have a listen. I've not heard a fetal heartbeat before but he's had a listen to his SIL's so he might have a better idea then I do.

When you find a heart beat use your other hand to check your pulse at your neck. If its you it will match. If its baby then you will have a different pattern.

The results of my blood tests are back, and everything looks good, including the fact that I'm not a carrier of the Tay-Sachs gene (my cousin tested positive for it, and my husband and I are both of French Canadian descent, so I was a little nervous). Breathing easier now. Next appointment on July 30th.

Baby doing great hb of 160 :happydance: got my 18 week u/s set for Aug. 8th :). Hubby was so excited to be there and is coming to my next one my uterus is ready just below my belly button haven't gained much weight so my bump is real LOL so happy

Baby doing great hb of 160 :happydance: got my 18 week u/s set for Aug. 8th :). Hubby was so excited to be there and is coming to my next one my uterus is ready just below my belly button haven't gained much weight so my bump is real LOL so happy

Congrats, Lucy!! :) Great news.

Great news Lucy.

Does anyone else feel like they are stuck in between first tri forum and second tri forum? I'm 13 wks on Sunday and don't have my scan til monday. X

Delamere,
I officially shifted myself to second trimester forum after my doctor declared me second trimester at 12weeks. The label varies from country to country I guess. Its no harm joining second trimester forum,be it at 12 13 or 14weeks :) Welcome to the 2nd trimester <3 :flower:

Delamere,
I officially shifted myself to second trimester forum after my doctor declared me second trimester at 12weeks. The label varies from country to country I guess. Its no harm joining second trimester forum,be it at 12 13 or 14weeks :) Welcome to the 2nd trimester <3 :flower:

Thanks, yeah think it's 14 wks in the UK but it's more relevant to me in 2nd Trimester :happydance:

My doc says 14 weeks. Other docs say 12 or 13. I dont think it technically makes a big difference.

Great to hear :)

Had my NT/dating scan this morning and it was great! Measurement was 2mm which is within normal range. Baby was wriggling about everywhere and wouldn't keep still so it took a while to check lol.

My due date has been changed to 23rd January, making me 13+1 today. Will have to update my ticker later :D

Oh also looks like baby is another girl, she had a look between the legs and saw nothing sticking out, although did warn me that it's too early to know for sure. I'm hoping there's a little winky hiding there, I want a boy haha.

Will add a pic once I'm home later, in work at the moment :thumbup:

Im 15 weeks today :happydance::happydance: and peanut is the size of an orange :)

I am a little chubby (UK size 14) but when i lay down my belly below my belly button feels hard :)

Had my NT/dating scan this morning and it was great! Measurement was 2mm which is within normal range. Baby was wriggling about everywhere and wouldn't keep still so it took a while to check lol.

My due date has been changed to 23rd January, making me 13+1 today. Will have to update my ticker later :D

Oh also looks like baby is another girl, she had a look between the legs and saw nothing sticking out, although did warn me that it's too early to know for sure. I'm hoping there's a little winky hiding there, I want a boy haha.

Will add a pic once I'm home later, in work at the moment :thumbup:

Glad all went well at your scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"