January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congrats Goldstns! My anatomy scan is scheduled for August 18th! 2 more weeks today! *must be patient*

DH is a little worried about our gender scan because baby girl wasn't opening her legs for us.... so the ultrasound tech took a long time and begged her to move her legs... but Im pretty sure it is a girls and believe the tech.

Question: any suggestions on sleeping comfortable? I have been doing the body pillow lean on the side thing (if that makes sense), but my hips KILL!

No advice, I use two wedge pillows but I just keep flip flopping. I was up from 3-6am and had to finally sleep on the couch :-(

I bought a Snoogle and it's working pretty well for me so far.

If you find a comfy way to sleep share I was up most of the night flipping back and forth I have a body pillow and extra pillows but nothing helps :( then I worked early so am ready for a nap luckily my hubby said he would pamper me today :)

If it's your hips that's bothering you, have you tried to put the body pillow between your legs? That's what helped me when I was pregnant with my son. I sleep more often with one leg bent and the other straight so what I do is sleep with my bent leg on top of the body pillow and just keep the other straight like normal. It seemed to help keep my hips in line and they seemed to hurt less. When I was pregnant with my son at one point, when hubby wasn't home (he worked nights), I had two pillows one on each side so if I switched sides I had a pillow at the ready. LOL This time I'm trying to do the same...but it doesn't always work; some nights I sleep better than others.

I'm definitely having a boy! He's giving me too many scares!! :trouble: :haha:
Called my midwife today and asked about the pain I've been in, she asked some questions and then said she wanted to see me in a day or two to check for preterm labor. I've had constant severe low abdominal and low back pain with a lot of vaginal pressure and some vaginal pain. It's been three days and the pain has not stopped at all, I do know he is already positioned head down and has been for a month now. Glad I see the high risk OB Thursday so we can start injections and whatever else he has planned.

I have the Boppy body pillow and sleep with the rounder end under my head, hug the middle like a stuffed teddy bear and then put my right leg bent on top of the bottom part and then leave the left leg straight so I'm at a bit of an angle towards my belly, easier to keep from laying on my back that way.
DH wakes me up all the time to tell me I've rolled to my back and need to flip. He's so worried. It's kind of adorable and annoying at the same time.

Melann LOL it's funny how they worry but cute too

So I got my Doppler and heard baby :) :happydance: hubby heard it to but only for a bit bc then she moved away LOL will try tonight :)

Lucy, just a head's up, I have found it harder to get my LO's HB as he/she has gotten bigger. I find it quickly, but the baby moves a lot and I can only hear it constantly for a couple seconds and then I have to go find it again! It just measn that I can't get a count on the dopplar because baby won't hold still long enough!

Melann thanks for the heads up mine doesn't have a display thing so just hearing it for a second is enough for me :) but def hear the movement too

If it's your hips that's bothering you, have you tried to put the body pillow between your legs? That's what helped me when I was pregnant with my son. I sleep more often with one leg bent and the other straight so what I do is sleep with my bent leg on top of the body pillow and just keep the other straight like normal. It seemed to help keep my hips in line and they seemed to hurt less. When I was pregnant with my son at one point, when hubby wasn't home (he worked nights), I had two pillows one on each side so if I switched sides I had a pillow at the ready. LOL This time I'm trying to do the same...but it doesn't always work; some nights I sleep better than others.

Thank you so much,vtjess <3 . I was sleeping the one-straight-one-bent way for a long time and couldn't sort out the cause of my recent hip ache. I'm giving your tip a try today:flower:

17weeks!!!!!:happydance: :yipee:

Feeling elated that God carried me this far into pregnancy *thankful*

I'm 17 weeks today too!! Exiting stuff! Ordered a Doppler yesterday which should be here by Friday!!

Em xxx

Congrats despttc and xx Emily xx.

Two more days for me until 17 weeks. Exciting!

Congrats Emily, despttc... Nearing the halfway point!! :thumbup:

My MS has finally subsided and my appetite is back. Wonder when I'll start showing. My bump is still very much like a bloat.

Thank you so much,vtjess <3 . I was sleeping the one-straight-one-bent way for a long time and couldn't sort out the cause of my recent hip ache. I'm giving your tip a try today:flower:

No prob, despttc. I hope the tip helps! :thumbup: And congrats on the 17 weeks! I hit 17 weeks yesterday as well!! :happydance:

I have my next OB appointment on Friday and can't wait to hear my beans hb again. I'll get my slip for my 20 week scan too and then I can make my appointment! YAY!! I can't wait to see my bean again and know he/she is all right. And to find out the gender. I'm getting sooooo impatient! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->