January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congrats to all those so far who have found out gender.
Hope those who r getting sore/ uncomfortable start feeling better soon!
Time starting to go a bit quicker now thankfully.
Hope everyone is taking it easy! Xo

Hello ladies

hope everyone is doing well

Sorry not been on here much the last few days (have been on the fb group) We have had a few things going on that have had our minds a bit overworked. Midwife payed me a visit on Saturday as Peanut has a 1 in 9 chance of downs syndrome. So after a good chat with OH we decided to not have amnio due to the risk i could miscarry. Peanut will be so loved no matter what :) Had an appointment today with a consultant who explained the amnio test, why they want me to have it and the risks. He also discussed any issues/problems peanut could have if he/she did have downs. We still refused to have the amnio after that so now i will be consultant led care so they can keep a closer eye on peanut and i will get extra scans (growth scans) at 24, 28, 32 and 36 weeks which will be nice. Not what i expected for my pregnancy but still looking forward to meeting peanut in January and just hope everything turns out fine but we will be preparing ourselves for every eventuality :)

Sounds like you have a fantastic attitude WrightyWales, and I always remind myself that people I've know with Down's are some of the happiest people I know and their joy is contagious.

I would make the same decision WW, peanut will be gorgeous and loved no matter what. :hugs:

WW...Im so sorry for the stress you must be feeling right now. My husband and I would be doing the exact same as you guys. Keep in mind...there's an 8/9 chance that everything is just fine with your lo. If your peanut does happen to have downs, there are a lot of great support groups and resources out there. Stay strong!!

WW I have worked with downs kids before, and absolutely love them! I love the choice you guys have made. I hope you don't stress too much, and that it all turns out. hugs!

Hey Whit, my mom was a special needs teacher for many years, and I used to go with my mom to the summer camp that she taught. I met a lot of kids with downs. Very sweet! I used to get a lot of hugs from them.

WW hoping everything turns out okay.

Hey Whit, my mom was a special needs teacher for many years, and I used to go with my mom to the summer camp that she taught. I met a lot of kids with downs. Very sweet! I used to get a lot of hugs from them.

WW hoping everything turns out okay.

Very cute! Yep, hugs are big!

Thinking of you, WW. Sounds like either way baby will be very loved. I love your attitude about it all. <3

Hello ladies

hope everyone is doing well

Sorry not been on here much the last few days (have been on the fb group) We have had a few things going on that have had our minds a bit overworked. Midwife payed me a visit on Saturday as Peanut has a 1 in 9 chance of downs syndrome. So after a good chat with OH we decided to not have amnio due to the risk i could miscarry. Peanut will be so loved no matter what :) Had an appointment today with a consultant who explained the amnio test, why they want me to have it and the risks. He also discussed any issues/problems peanut could have if he/she did have downs. We still refused to have the amnio after that so now i will be consultant led care so they can keep a closer eye on peanut and i will get extra scans (growth scans) at 24, 28, 30 and 32 weeks which will be nice. Not what i expected for my pregnancy but still looking forward to meeting peanut in January and just hope everything turns out fine but we will be preparing ourselves for every eventuality :)

:hugs:
I love your attitude. God bless you. May be have a happy pregnancy and a perfectly healthy, beautiful baby:baby:

My nuchal test was good, although the perinatologist said the QUAD came back higher risk, but he said he wasn't concerned since it can be unreliable in twin pregnancies. I will love our babies anyway they are born. When we first found out I was pregnant, before my husband had any emotional attachment, he was concerned about Down syndrome, but now he is better- I think it's just nerves. Last night he told me he'd protect me and the babies from anyone and anything lol. Papa bear instincts are kicking in hardcore for him :)

My nuchal test was good, although the perinatologist said the QUAD came back higher risk, but he said he wasn't concerned since it can be unreliable in twin pregnancies. I will love our babies anyway they are born. When we first found out I was pregnant, before my husband had any emotional attachment, he was concerned about Down syndrome, but now he is better- I think it's just nerves. Last night he told me he'd protect me and the babies from anyone and anything lol. Papa bear instincts are kicking in hardcore for him :)

That was super cute of your DH :flower:

Good morning everyone,

our baby is 17 weeks along today and now the size of an onion.

:flower:

Good morning everyone! (Or good afternoon/evening whichever it is for you! LOL) I hope everyone is doing well today. I'm looking forward to my OB appointment tomorrow. I'll get to hear my bean's hb again and I'll finally get my slip so I can schedule my anatomy scan! Yay!! :happydance: I had originally planned to schedule it for the 23rd as I was going to be off work...but now my schedule has changed and I won't be off that day. So I don't know when I'll schedule it now. I'm still leaning towards the 23rd but I also don't want to take time off work if can help it (any time I use now will mean less for when the baby is here). So I don't know. I'll have to think about it and see. My hubby suggested see if I can schedule it on a Friday afternoon so he can be there too, which I'd love, so I'll have to take that into consideration as well. I'll see what my doctor says tomorrow about when she wants it done and decide after that.

Vtjess hope your able to find a happy solution that works for you

Mine's tom at 2 pm can barely stand it am so excited I got three people telling me its a girl my hubby I found is leaning towards boy but would be happy either way

Morning/afternoon ladies :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->