January Jelly Beans 2014!

Jess good luck tomorrow! Hope it's smooth sailing with scheduling the scan, too.

@vtjess I moved mine by a week so that DH can be there. I think if at all possible you'll appreciate having him there. Not only to share in the complete excitement, but also the anxiety. It's kind of like that moment when the bride walks down the aisle and only a few people see the look on the groom's face. I want to see my DH's face when he sees our baby. (our only other US is my profile pic and you can't see much at all).

Hey Mel I was wondering, do you have a journal?

Shellideaks is getting the gender scan today :dance:

I will update front page after I get home from Maine next week :thumbup:

No I don't Hakuna. Does it seem like I should ? :)
The ladies on my TTC board (I still check in with them) are discussing names today. Kind of fun. We have two picked for each gender in case the LO doesn't look like one vs the other. Anyone else have opinions on this?

Naw I was just going to stalk your journal if you did :)

Better to have extra name options IMO. What are you considering (if you want to share)?

OH and I have had a few lengthy conversations and we have chosen Robert and Caitlin.

Btw Mel you married your OH exactly 2 days before I met mine on Aug 13, 2007. You have an anniversary coming up!

hello ladies

Hope everyone is ok :)

Good luck tomorrow Jess :)

wanted to share my prefect little peanuts heartbeat at 16+3 :) (finally got OH to send it to me lol) hope it works ok :)

https://dw4.convertfiles.com/files/0094296001375972057/record020.mp3

Good luck to all the ladies having scans soon!! While we already had a private gender scan and were told we're team pink, I am a bit anxious to get our big scan done through the hospital next week. Of course I want to make sure everything is a-okay with the baby, but I also want to make sure our baby girl hasn't suddenly become and baby boy lol. The equipment the tech used at the private scan didn't seem the greatest, and we were only 16 weeks, so I'm feeling a little iffy about it. We'll see in due time, though. I've already bought quite a bit of girly stuff though so I hope she's still a she...lol

Gender scan went great, baby is measuring perfectly and looks healthy. It's a boy! He was very eager to display his bits lol.

And pics :D

https://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/shellideaks/IMG_20130808_173320_zpsd8488999.jpg

https://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/shellideaks/IMG_20130808_173453_zps3c807beb.jpg

We're calling him Nate :cloud9:

Jess good luck tomorrow! Hope it's smooth sailing with scheduling the scan, too.

Thanks, hakuna! :)

melann13 said:
@vtjess I moved mine by a week so that DH can be there. I think if at all possible you'll appreciate having him there. Not only to share in the complete excitement, but also the anxiety. It's kind of like that moment when the bride walks down the aisle and only a few people see the look on the groom's face. I want to see my DH's face when he sees our baby. (our only other US is my profile pic and you can't see much at all).

Yeah I'd definitely like him to be there if at all possible. He was there when we found out our son's gender but he had worked all night and was exhaused and he ended falling asleep in the chair while the sonographer worked. :haha: So he missed the big reveal though he claimed he knew. He says he can always tell the gender of any baby based on the mother (he has to touch them though and not in a pervy way!! LOL). He's Native American in heritage and claims they have a "secret" method to determining gender. And in his defense, I haven't known him to be wrong! But I'd definitely like him to be there and maybe this time stay awake! :haha: So I'm going to try my hardest to schedule it on a day and time he's not working but it's going to depend on the availability of the radiology place we get them done too. :) Fingers crossed they have a good time for us! :)

Thanks for the good luck as well wighty!

And congrats on the boy, shelli! :)

Your OH is Native American Jess? Jealous! I'm planning on marrying Jacoby Ellsbury if things don't work out with my OH :haha:

Your OH is Native American Jess? Jealous! I'm planning on marrying Jacoby Ellsbury if things don't work out with my OH :haha:

LOL Yes, he's Native American. Not technically 100%, he's got some Irish blood in there as well, but he is a member of a reservation and on all paperwork that ask for ethnicity he can put Native American. :) Jacoby Ellsbury is definitely yummy! :winkwink:

My palpitations have increased through the past few days. Headaches too have become more frequent. Should I be worried?

Nope, sorry Hakuna, no journal, but am happy to answer any questions... no shame here!
Yes, our 6 year anniversary is this Sunday. We have a date night planned and now tickets to the Packers pre-season game for tomorrow, which will be very fun.

I will share our names here, as I know all of you ladies are far too lovely to say anything disparaging.:thumbup:
For a :blue: I'd like to use my dad's name (Robert) as the middle name as I'm his only child (and not passing on the last name). Our first choice for boy is Elijah. Second is Elliot. But I don't like the sound of Elliot Robert as they end with the same sound. Quirky part of me wants to use Ro as a middle name as it's the first two letters of both of our dad's names (Robert and Roc). BUT... if baby doesn't look like an Elijah, it may be Elliot Matthew (Matthew being DH's middle name and my brother's name).
For a :pink: the name I'm in love with is Felicity. (I'm a Latin geek and went through several Latin-rooted names). Other choice is Charlotte. Middle name here is up for debate, but we like Jo as our mothers are Joan and JoAnn, so the same deal as Ro above, and both girl first names are very feminine and would be fine with Jo. My first name is Melissa and my dad always called me Lissa Anne (my middle name). If we had a little Felicity, she could also be Lissa. My dad and I are very close and have an absolutely wonderful relationship. He told my mom he wants us to have a girl because his memories of me as a baby are the happiest of his life. Makes me well up, love him so much. :kiss:

Is it stress despttc? :hugs:

Jess - Jacoby Ellsbury and Taylor Lautner! I should've had a Native American before I settled down! :dohh: My OH is Italian, Irish, and French Canadian. Looks more Italian.

Mel - love the name ideas :)

Yes, our 6 year anniversary is this Sunday. We have a date night planned and now tickets to the Packers pre-season game for tomorrow, which will be very fun.

Jealous! I love the Packers!

I've been seeing a lot of parents with Elijah on their list! That's what ours will be if he's a boy! :) Elijah Jesus (Jesus after FIL, who I sadly never got to meet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->