January Jelly Beans 2014!

most of my clothes that are already put away are from my smallest size which am planning to get back too after he's born, the clothes am wearing now is what I was going to get rid of when I began to loose weight lucky most of it was big and some were actually maternity tops :) my boss actually just gave me another box of clothes :dohh: LOL she gives me expensive things so I feel bad not using it

I have a split level as well with two bedrooms upstairs and two down, but as this is our first, baby will be in the room next to ours. We already bought an "Arm's Reach Co-sleeper Bassinet/playpen) for our room for the first 2-3 months. It attaches to the side of the bed so I can just pull baby over for feedings and when I wake up panicked I can just reach over and check. :) That was a must for me. I am a scientist that works with many who study maternal care and I think about these things :).
I've definitely begun nesting. DH thinks it's funny and cute. The baby's room has been an office that we didn't really use, so it's easy to relocate that stuff to the downstairs which we don't use a ton anyway (we bought a house much larger than needed because we know we will be selling after I finish my PhD and wanted an easier sell).
The biggest conundrum right now is that that's where the cats' upstairs litter boxes (we have 2) are- so we need to move them somewhere that makes us and our oober old arthritic Maine Coon happy.
I've been crib shopping online and was getting frustrated with cost/availability. Hubby promised that if I didn't find a really good deal by 24weeks we would just go buy something brand new. I'm making the crib skirt and other nursery decorations myself, and I just feel like it's hard to picture it all without any furniture.

melann I've been crib shopping on line to and there's this site cymax they have tons of cribs at pretty decent prices and free shipping:) that's where am getting mine from but won't buy it for a few months yet

I wish I was more of a make it yourself kind of person but not very good at those things so we are getting a bedding set off the internet as well

vtjess we have base board heaters too and they are not the most warming but they get the job done we are thinking about getting a portable one bc January is when it gets bad here am hoping that the snow lets up for when I have him LOL

we usually get our first snow fall right before Halloween and then a few more times before the end of December and then it dumps for the rest of the time, the drive up to Aspen where am to give birth is horrible lucky both our vehicles are 4 wheel drive but it worries me

I agree lucy they aren't the warmest but they work. :thumbup: I guess we could install another base board heater in our bedroom as well so I wouldn't have to sleep any where else...but I don't know if we have any where that we could put it with all of the furniture! :) We'll have to see.

I'm kinda worried about snow as well. Here IF we get snow it's usually in January/February and that's the key word IF. LOL But this summer has been unusually rainy and my hubby said that usually means we are in for a bad winter. A few years back we had 2 HUGE snow storms (for our area) and actually had feet of snow, which probably isn't anything to someone from Colorado :winkwink: but people freak out here when we get an inch. LOL So knowing my luck, we'll get a huge storm arond the time this little one decides to make his/her entrance into the world! :dohh: The hospital is only about 10 miles away so not too bad...but snow would make it worse and we don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle. My husband might get his wish of a home birth (which I don't want). :haha:

hakunamatata said:
I started bagging up clothes for Goodwill. I'm 100 percent sure I won't be wearing any more Twilight shirts now that the movies are all out :rofl:

I still where my twilight shirts, hakuna! :blush: LOL I have one that says "I love boys who sparkle!" :haha: I don't wear it much, usually around the house, but my hubby hates it....so I do it more to annoy him than anything! :rofl:

vtjess am originally from VA :) and yes I remember the year you guys got all that snow we barely got anything here it even shut down Washington I remember my dad said they're were without power for a few days

last year we got a bit more snow but nothing like the years before I moved here I've been hearing we're do for a good winter which sucks LOL it snows more up the mountain that down here we have to drive through a canyon which there's a river that flows below it's beautiful but sucks bc it makes the road really icy so many accidents there but we shall see what happens

We still have to move- finding acceptable homes at good price on an island is difficult. We have a place for $1000 we can take, but it's on the smaller side.. Sigh.. I just want to move so I can unpack and properly nest before I get huge lol

Ah, Lucy, VA! :) I went to Virginia Tech so I lived in VA for 6 years while I ws in school. :thumbup: So you are very familiar with the weather here. I'll keep my FX for you that you guys have a light snow winter!! It would definitely suck if a big storm hit during labor!! :wacko:

Good Luck finding a new place, want2bemommy. I was always told it could be pretty expensive living in Hawaii (a friend of my mom's used to live there and moved back a few years ago) so I'm sure finding the right place could be tough! And I'm with you on wanting to move and unpack quickly. It'll only get more difficult for you as you get bigger! :hugs: We need to move a lot of stuff out of the room that will be the baby's; its currently an office with big furniture. I'd like to start doing that soon so I can get ready too.

Hi ladies!! :wave:

Just want to say a big hello to you all,I think about you all alot and just want to wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancies :hugs: hope you are all ok!

For those that remember, I lost my jellybean but things are on the up. My gallbladder surgery should be within the next few months (was marked as urgent as they considered what id been through...) but im still waiting....urgent my ass! Anyway, so as soon as its out, ill be TTC and im hopeful I'll be pregnant again by xmas :thumbup: so we may all be bump buddies again, for a short time :thumbup: not long till your 20week scans, good stuff! :dance: xxxx

So glad you stopped by and updated! <3 Good luck with the surgery. Hope you get a Christmas bfp! :hugs:

Good to see you, live!! Good Luck with your surgery and I hope you get your date soon! And FX you get your Christmas bean! :hugs:

Thanks for updating Hope! I hope we can be bump buddies very soon with you again! :hugs:

Hope. Fx you'll get a date fast and that you'll be in no time joining us as bump buddies :hugs:

thanks all :hugs: im very hopeful Ill get my bfp quickly. After the vasectomy reversal and our shockingly poor SA results, we were able to conceive within 3 months and this time was first month trying so FX and me, hubby and my DD are all xmas bfps so all share a birthday in the same week in sept :haha: my family hate me...so another xmas bfp would make all 4 of us in the same week in sept :haha:
Ill keep you posted and will pop in abit more often now...was tough at first as you'd imagine xxx

Looking forward to seeing your September family gifted with yet another addition <3

So I have been crib shopping as I mentioned, and I need an opinion.
I have found an absolutely beautiful crib on Craig's list very reasonably priced from a very nice woman. However, it is currently a drop-side crib, which is illegal to sell/give away due to safety hazards. The woman was not aware of this and immediately said that she would take it off Craig's list right away. The manufacturer's website says they will send you a kit to immobilize the drop side, making it safe (however any "fixed" drop-side crib is still not considered "up to code"). I told the woman that if she could get the kit I would still consider buying the crib.
What would you do?

That's a tough one, melann. I honestly don't know what I would do. :shrug: If she can't get the kit, I would definitely say no but if she did get it, I'd really have to think about it. I would probably try to look online to see if I could find any reviews of the crib with the imobilization kit just to see what others had to say. If the reviews were favorable and it seems like the kit works well and there is very little concern with the drop side falling, I would probably go for it if it was in good condition and the price was right. I'd probably want to know how the kit worked and made the drop side immobile just make sure I thought it would keep my little one safe. Though I always want to know how things work and is probably why I'm an engineer! :winkwink: But anyway it's still a tough decision and something I'd probably have to weigh the pros and cons about and discuss with my hubby. Good Luck!

edit: Sorry I'm probably not too much help! LOL I think I just talked in circles. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->