January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congrats HL

You ladies staying yellow your have strong will power LOL

Question for you ladies I've seen a few threads on here where they got the sex wrong, I was 17+6 at my u/s and def saw boy, but everyone around me asks if am sure. I have been buying tons for Ivan so I keep getting these questions the tech is very well known for accuracy she did look at dif angles and kept saying yep it's def boy :) I guess am paranoid that he might change to a she I sound crazy don't I ?

Congrats HL

You ladies staying yellow your have strong will power LOL

Question for you ladies I've seen a few threads on here where they got the sex wrong, I was 17+6 at my u/s and def saw boy, but everyone around me asks if am sure. I have been buying tons for Ivan so I keep getting these questions the tech is very well known for accuracy she did look at dif angles and kept saying yep it's def boy :) I guess am paranoid that he might change to a she I sound crazy don't I ?

I've heard some stories from people IRL about being told one gender and then the baby is born the opposite! But I think it's rare, really. A couple people told me not to be so sure DS was a boy, but there really was no denying! ;) chances are if they told you boy, it's a boy!! Are you having any more ultrasounds? Whenever I did, I just asked them to double check just in case! :)

Congrats, Sally and HL!! I definitely admire those staying Team Yellow. I know I couldn't do it! 2 Weeks from tomorrow I find out!! :happydance:

I live in Maryland and where my son goes the going rate for infants is $247.50/week (He's now 2 so the cost is a little less). It's definitely expensive! It's a less if you can get in a home day care but I don't know if I want to be taking my kids to 2 separate places every day. I'm trying to really work hard to save money at this point because I'm going to have to pay for 2! And unfortuantely I don't have many other options as I'm the main bread winner and I don't think we could live without both of our salaries. My mom just retired and said that she'd consider watching the baby if we need her to but she's not sure yet what she's going to do (she may get a part time job). And now she told me the other day that she may start watching my neice and nephew a few days a week so if she has them, I don't know if she'll have time for an infant as well. So hubby and I really need to discuss what we are going to do. We haven't even asked at the day care yet if they'll even have an infant opening so that needs to be looked in to as well. :)

As for being incorrect gender, I'd think it would be more likely to be wrong when they say girl versus boy. If you see a little winkie, I would think it'd be pretty obvious!! :haha: But if they say girl...there would be the possibility that the winkie was just hiding during the u/s. But that's just my thought on the matter! :thumbup: And I think now adays the likelihood of them being wrong is pretty slim.

Thanks girls def saw a winkie LOL I have an other u/s in about 2 weeks or less so def getting them to double check and one at every check up to check growth so getting them to check every time LOL although I doubt she got it wrong

My SIL is the one that asked me a few times if am sure but I think bc we have a name for our son and they don't yet :shrug: she did like our name but said she would respect that its our pick LOL she better she had really wanted a girl so was not prepared at all for boy

Yup that's what I've heard too, more wrong girl guesses than boy guesses.

Let me know if I'm missing any jellybeans on the front page! I think I'm up to date but I'm not sure :)

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief! We had our anatomy scan this AM and everything looks great. They estimated her weight at 10 oz and HR was 152. I was absolutely amazed at everything they were able to see! They also confirmed that she is indeed a girl! It took the gender scan place 45 mins to get her to cooperate enough to tell at 16 weeks, and within 30 seconds our tech today was able to tell girl because she was showing it all off, lol. I drank apple juice before I left and she was jumping around like crazy! Maybe a little too much sugar this AM haha

I think we currently have 13boys and 7girls as of now as January jellybeans

So exciting to hear all of your gender results! I have my anatomy scan on Monday! Woohoo! :dance:

I'm glad your scan went so well, lindsay!! I have mine 2 weeks from tomorrow. :happydance: Can't wait!

And boys definitely seem to be leading the pack in our group. I'm hoping I can add to the girls but if my hubby is correct (and he usually is) there'll be another boy added to the list in two weeks! LOL

Congrats on your girl, Lindsay. Glad your scan went well.

Ameli, good luck with your scan

Jess,my scan is also nearly two weeks away. Awaiting the scan with thumping heart

My hubby,his family and the Chinese calendar says I'm having a boy. But with all the pimples that have sprout up and the aches,I've got a feeling its a girl(Till around 14weeks I had thought boy). Hearing all the old wives tales of boy/girl,I'm jumping at conclusions of boy-girl-boy all the time

Looking forward to my scan as well. Hoping all of our scans are great!

I was told two girls and have asked them at 2 follow up ultrasounds if they are still girls- I have a scan 9/5 at 22 weeks and will ask a 4th time lol. So far they are still girls :)

wantobemommy, I probably would have done the same thing!! :thumbup: If I have to have any sonograms after my anatomy scan I'm sure I'll be double checking as well! LOL

And despttc, I've never really trusted those wives tales. None of them were correct with my son. They all said girl and he is very much a boy! :) This time, it's hard to say because I've taken a couple of the chinese calendar tests and I've gotten different results. :shrug: So I dunno what that says! LOL I keep meaning to try the baking soda test but I keep forgetting to do it when I'm home. I kinda don't want to do it with my hubby around because he'll just think I'm being ridiculous! :dohh: I'm off work tomorrow and I'm going to try to remember to do it then just to see what it says!

The Chinese predictor was wrong for me both times :shrug: Methinks it has a 50/50 shot of being on target for any one individual i.e. pure chance

My hubby considers those tales to be ridiculous and told me each pregnancy is unique and have its own features and that I should not go by those stories

Both of us are not for any particular sex,boy or girl we'll lot the baby to bits. But still I felt he's a little too sure about the boy thing,so I tried telling him LO might be a girl and that he shouldn't be shocked if it turns so. From then on,he calls our LO his beautiful girl.

Well we have made our decision about the crib, I thought about not writing it here as some may judge, but oh well.
I looked into the reviews/recall of the crib. Even without the fix there were never ANY reported injuries or deaths from this crib. The only incidents reported were for toddlers climbing up and falling out, which happens with fixed side cribs anyway.
My husband has built almost every piece of furniture in our house, and a boat, and a pergola, etc. I asked the seller to leave the fixit kit off so that my husband can be the one to install it to make sure that it is done correctly. I have the utmost confidence that if all four sides are solid, this $400 solid wood crib will be just as safe as any $100 new crib. That's just my opinion. We are seeing/buying it on Sunday. We will have plenty of time to get it set up in case we change our mind. It is coming with the toddler rails and everything as well.
Should be clear: original purchase price 3 years ago was $400. We are paying $130.

I'm still 2.5 weeks away from finding out team blue or pink, but baby has started moving a lot more this week and I've had several rather strong kicks that have actually startled me, so that's SUPER fun! I've only felt one or two from the outside. DH is very anxious to feel them for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->