January Jelly Beans 2014!

Wrighty, Yay on your beautiful :pink: baby

SB, hope you can see your baby bigger and more clearly to compensate for the delay :hugs:

AFM- on a side note (hope they are doing it at your local babys r us), we got a 20% off one item from baby r us coupon yesterday in the mail. They are also doing a "spend over $150 and get a free video monitor". So Friday we are going to babys r us and buying our crib for 20% off and getting a free video monitor. I am getting excited!

SB, maybe call and harass and see if they can fit you in?? I'm sure they'll have cancellations!

Great deal Goldstns!

That does sound like a great deal, goldstns. I just got a flyer from babies r us I'll have to check it out! :)

And SB sorry for the dealy in your scan, but really mid-Sept is only a few weeks away! :winkwink: And just think your bean will be bigger and the sex will probably be easier to tell. I know it's a bit of a bummer but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! And if you really don't want to wait, you can always call like hakuna suggested and see if they can put you on a wait list or something in case of cancellations. :thumbup:

I played the flashlight game with the baby for the first time last night- turning off the lights in the room and shining a flashlight around near my belly. LO kicked a bit, but not as much as I was hoping for, then I turned it off and baby went into dance party mode and I felt LOTS of big kicks from the outside, lasted about 10 minutes, so now I'm picturing my LO being just mesmerized by the faint light (since his/her eyes are closed and the light has to go through skin, my extra cushion and uterus) and then being annoyed when it went away. :) Dr. told me that the flashlight game can get them moving if you're feeling anxious. I wasn't feeling anxious, more bored, but figured it would be cool to see if it worked so that if I ever am anxious and try it, I don't have false expectations. Although from what I understand it's not in any way harmful as it's like seeing a flashlight through several blankets and closed eyes.

AFM, just got a call from the doc (yes at 845pm my time)... she said she had a long day, but wanted to talk to me. So my heart kinda dropped. She said US looks great. Baby looks healthy! However, she is in the 90th percent tile for height and belly.... so shes a big girl! Which make sense because DH is 6'2''. She said she MIGHT request a 28 week scan to see if we will need a c section to get her out. But she wants to watch the measurements for the next 2 months....

Attachments

• 20 weeks.jpg
    20 weeks.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
Goldstns, Yay for mommy's big girl! You can get to see baby again that 28weeks :)

My baby is also a little on the big side :)

Hello ladies

Im still shocked im having a little princess lol. I was reading the report last night and shes measuring a few days ahead of what she should be for how far along I am Head measuring 3 days ahead and femur length is 5 days ahead has me wondering if she might be a bigger baby. OH and I are not really tall Im 5' 7" OH is 5'9"

The scan was amazing seeing the blood flowing through her heart and kidneys was awesome. She emptied her bladder during the scan. The first time she check it was full few mins later she went over it again and it was small and empty lol funny to think the first pee we knew about she was only 20 weeks 5 days old inside mummy's belly lol.

goldstns my doctor did a 28 week scan when I was pregnant with my son as well. She said she just likes to do them to check their growth. But my son was always on the small side and so I'm wondering if that's why she requested it, though she never said that was why. I'll have to find out if she'll request one this time as well. I ended up having a few more after 28 weeks as well because they were concerned about his growth (his abdomen was small). In the end he was perfectly healthy just small; he was only 5lbs, 4oz at birth. So it's definitely a good think your doc wants to keep an eye on growth so you can know what you are in for at birth! :)

And wrighty, with her measuring a little ahead, its possible that she's on the bigger side. But you never know her rate of growth may slow and she'll be average after all!

Wow it's amazing that we are all half way or there abouts. It's exciting that we are entering the second phase.

I have my scan on Monday morning and I can't wait to see our baby again. I am a little nervous too as I want to make sure everything is ok. I have to see a consultant too after about my last birth cos it was complicated and had some problems which ended with a forceps delivery.

Been to the midwife with my sis this afternoon (she's due Xmas day) and got to hear the babies heartbeat. It's so sweet cos my son was there and cos she was lying on a table he kept saying "auntie Claire hurt?" He's so adorable.

Hope everyone is having a good day c

I've been so busy this month I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. But I had to post today, because we went for our anatomy scan this morning and I can announce that we are officially team blue! :D

Everything went well with the scan, too--all normal, just the LO refused to straighten out so the technician could get a proper look at his spine and kidneys, so I have to go back in a couple weeks. But hey, that's a free chance to see him again!

Also, it looks from the report they gave me like he's measuring a little ahead--I think my due date may end up moved to Jan 18th.

So nice to be able to say "he" now instead of "it". :) We've started talking names, will probably figure that out in the next few weeks, but already have a forerunner that both DH and I thought of independently.

Congrats on Team blue, Sorsha! :) Boys are so much fun! My scan is tomorrow so less than 24 hours away!! :happydance: I can't wait to find out the gender and know that my bean is doing OK.

I've been so busy this month I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. But I had to post today, because we went for our anatomy scan this morning and I can announce that we are officially team blue! :D

Everything went well with the scan, too--all normal, just the LO refused to straighten out so the technician could get a proper look at his spine and kidneys, so I have to go back in a couple weeks. But hey, that's a free chance to see him again!

Also, it looks from the report they gave me like he's measuring a little ahead--I think my due date may end up moved to Jan 18th.

So nice to be able to say "he" now instead of "it". :) We've started talking names, will probably figure that out in the next few weeks, but already have a forerunner that both DH and I thought of independently.

Congratulations on being team blue :) x

Congrats on Team blue, Sorsha! :) Boys are so much fun! My scan is tomorrow so less than 24 hours away!! :happydance: I can't wait to find out the gender and know that my bean is doing OK.

Good luck tomorrow jess x

Congratulations on Team blue!

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully baby reveals themselves!

Sorsha, congrats on Team :blue:

Jess,good luck for the scan:thumbup:. Waiting to hear the news :)

Congratulations on being team blue!

Good luck to you jess for your scan x

Congrats on :blue: Sorsha, and glad all was well with baby!
Good luck Jess, can't wait to see if you're team :pink: or :blue:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->