January Jelly Beans 2014!

I noticed someone else commented on that too- I think it changes from papaya at 25 weeks

How many weeks long is the papaya?? I just now noticed that I was papaya for weeks 22 and 23 and those who have hit 24 are still papaya. When does it change? I like to eat the foods, but I heard that eating papaya that isn't super ripe can start contractions, so I haven't indulged.

Check out the website they change every week :) dont think they could fit 38 things on the ticker lol

https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx?MsdVisit=1

Question (especially to moms expecting a sibling)- So my DH isn't a huge drinker by any means, but on weekends he might sit back and have a few beers. He asked me the other day what "data" I would like him to completely stop drinking. He doesn't want the time I say "lets go" to be a night he has a few beers. Any thoughts how far in advanced I should set that date for him? I am do Jan 18th... so I was thinking a month before due data.

Goldsttns, if this is your first baby, it's unlikely that you'll go early. My first was born on 40+1 and most of my friends' firsts were similar or later. However, with your GD your doctor may well want you to deliver earlier (37/38 weeks?) so they might be able to advise.

My DH never got around to stopping the couple of beers at the weekend but when Astrid was born (on a Sunday) it was obvious this was going to be the weekend. :D

x

Maybe when your 37 weeks as then your full term and could go into labour anytime?

goldstns, its really hard to say when you'll go into labor, especially since it's your first (And even on subsequent babies, your labor starts could vary quite a bit). I think it can really vary. I had my son at 39 weeks but I know many who had their first past 40. :shrug: But if you wanted to be safe, I'd say that a month before wouldn't be a bad idea. And like another poster said, since you have GD, your doctor might decide to induce you early, I'm not sure. You may want to ask them what you should expect and give him a date that coordinates with that. Good Luck!

My Glucose Challenge test results have come. And No GDM!! :wohoo:

Had been tense about this test all these months. Heaving a sigh of relief atlast:yipee:

I'm due on 18th January too and hubby is going to stop drinking a month before, but will have a couple Christmas Day as have other family home who don't drink who could drive us, but it will literally be a couple. He's not a heavrh drinker anyway and he's on a fitness kick :)

Hey ladies

Sorry not been about, had a rough week. Threatened preterm labour at 23 weeks on Tuesday and was in hospital for 3 days. I'm still having tightenings but just got to wait and see if it settles down.

After this I've been very emotional and feeling very detached from baby. So today we had a private scan and have gone from team yellow to team pink!

We are over the moon to be expecting a baby girl!

I feel much more positive now and feel I can finally move on and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy however long that may be.

Em xxx

Congrats on team pink! Sorry you have had a rough week! I hope it all settles down for you now xx

Emily, please take it easy, no stressing yourself and nothing physical. Such a scary experience but I'm glad they were able to settle things down for you.

Congratulations on being :pink:

xxx

Congrats Emily on Team :pink:

We were camping all weekend, got to go for a little hike and a canoe trip (just a short hour one). Feeling huge already. I know I'm not supposed to think about how big I'm getting (I don't think I've put much weight on other than my chest and belly), but I feel like I look like at least 28 weeks.

Congrats on being team :pink: Emily. sorry to hear what you have been through this week. Hope it all settle down and you can start enjoying your pregnancy again. Take things easy xxx

Emily :hugs: glad they were able to settle it take it easy Hun

Congrats on team pink :)

Oh yes! I'm feeling guilty for not keeping up in the thread! (good in the FB group) I see we have a ton of new ladies (since I was last in here)
Congratulations! :hugs:

I have my six week postpartum appointment tomorrow, really nervous and a little hopeful. The hopeful part always gets me in trouble! Hoping for no break downs. Not sure what he wants to do since I just saw him two weeks ago and he did a vaginal exam and u/s- all came back perfect. He said my lining was back to normal but was thicker so it was a sign I should get my period (in the few days) since (in his words) he didn't see a baby. No period still. Yep.. the nerves are setting in!

My Glucose Challenge test results have come. And No GDM!! :wohoo:

Had been tense about this test all these months. Heaving a sigh of relief atlast:yipee:

Good news! :happydance:

Hey ladies

Sorry not been about, had a rough week. Threatened preterm labour at 23 weeks on Tuesday and was in hospital for 3 days. I'm still having tightenings but just got to wait and see if it settles down.

Em xxx

Congratulations on your baby girl! I see tomorrow you are 24 weeks. YAY!! V-day <3

Give you some positivity- with my oldest son (Jack)- my water started leaking at 19w5d and I started dilating about 23/25 weeks- he came at 35w5d and based on conceiving ranges (from OB) 38 weeks. Healthy! <3 Try to stay relaxed and when you get the feeling enough is enough, stop.

:hugs:

Glad you are doing well Radiance. Thanks for updating us and hope you will be ready to Ttc soon.

Thanks ladies, certainly feeling much better than 6 days ago!

I've been written off work for 3 weeks so will chill out and take it easy.

Em xxx

Big hugs to you both radiance and Emily :hugs: hope everything works out for you both.

I've been having a tough few days emotionally. Feel tearful all the time and feel like I'm over thinking things like who will have our son when I go in to have the baby etc. I know it's my hormones but I just hate my feelings at the moment. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->