January Jelly Beans 2014!

Jess, your backache sounds a bit like Sciatica. I had the same some years back too. If your pain becomes severe,do contact your doctor,he'll teach you exercises to relieve the pain and prevent recurrent episodes. Hope you find a solution for DS's daycare too :hugs:

:hugs: to all worried about childcare

I get ligament pain. I had it with my son and now I've been getting it with this baby. Its like an electric shock down my bump. It hurts!!

I'm quite lucky cos I am a sahm so I don't have to worry about childcare costs. My son starts nursery in Jan for 15 hrs a weeks which is given free by the government when your child gets to 3. It will give me some time with my new baby too. My ds is so ready for nursery. X

Sorry to hear you had a rough go of it last week, Emily. :hugs: I'm glad you are feeling better and congrats on making it to v-day! I reached v-day yesterday, myself and am very glad to have reached this milestone!

I'm sorry that you are feeling RLP, Twag! I get some on occasion and it can be painful. I hope the belly band helps you!

I've been dealing with some back pain the last few days and different from what I had with my older son. It's a very sharp pain that starts in my left lower back, near my butt and then radiates down my left leg. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's painful to move or walk. Ugh!
My hubby doesn't get any paind paternity leave unfortunately but he does have a weeks worth of vacation saved up and he's hoping to use that once the babys here to help out for the week. No paid maternity leave for me either so I'm stuck with what leave I have and it's looking like I'll only have 10 weeks home with my little one (though that might change as I had to take a sick day yesterday for my older son :(). And I'm still thinking about day care myself. My mom just retired and she mentioned that she could possibly watch the little one once he's born...but I hate to corner her into that and my hubby is a little unsure of that too. My older son is currently in day care and I keep meaning to ask if they'll have an opening in the spring but I keep forgetting and besides I drop off my son and there's no one in the office when I do. But that's going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive and I'm not sure we can afford that. So we are still weighing our options.

I have been getting this too but at the moment the RLP is worse :dohh:

Jess, definitely sounds like Sciatica. I had it badly around week 16 and then it petered off a bit. There are several stretches that can help A LOT, and a little warmth (heating pad wrapped in a towel) can really help as well. Mine got so bad that my leg actually collapsed a couple times. It lasted about a week. I know some people suffer with it throughout pregnancy. Hopefully it's temporary for you. It seemed to happen to be when I first starting getting a round belly (rather than just thickening) kind of like things were shifting and my balance was adjusting.

"Don't confuse your path with your destination. Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean you aren't headed for sunshine"

Twag, I love it!!!

Thanks for the advice, ladies. I'm going to look into the stretches that help with sciatica and see if they help. I'm still getting the pain a few times a day and it sucks. I'm hoping its temporary as well but we'll see. I've never had anything like this before so it's new to me.

I got pretty bad sciatica when I went to Disney due to all the walking. Doing pelvic tilts and other stretches seemed to help quite a bit. I just Googled it and saw the different tips. And also not walking 8 hours a day :haha:

One more week to V day!! :happydance:

Having the worst sleep at the moment. My hips are so painful I spend all night tossing and turning from one side to the other. I have got to the point where I have been sleeping on my back just to get some rest.

Still been getting a lot of pressure down below too. It feels like baby is really low and it's really uncomfortable. He kicks me in my cervix a lot too which makes me feel like I need to wee all the time! Anyone else have this? X

Yes I have! She sat really low for weeks and its soooooo uncomfy! The pressure was horrible and I needed to wee all the time!

She's not as bad at the mo, just the odd day now where she's low down. I hated her kicking down there, felt like she was going to kick her way out!!

Em xxx

"Don't confuse your path with your destination. Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean you aren't headed for sunshine"

Twag, I love it!!!

Thanks it helped me through TTC :thumbup:

Having the worst sleep at the moment. My hips are so painful I spend all night tossing and turning from one side to the other. I have got to the point where I have been sleeping on my back just to get some rest.

Still been getting a lot of pressure down below too. It feels like baby is really low and it's really uncomfortable. He kicks me in my cervix a lot too which makes me feel like I need to wee all the time! Anyone else have this? X

Yes my little boy has decided that mummy's cervix & bladder are like a trampoline and constantly is down there moving about or kicking away ouchie at times it really smarts!! :wacko:

Thanks ladies makes me feel better!

Are any of you planning on breast feeding? Just wondered if you were going to invest in a breast pump?x

Yep I'm going to breastfeed and have bought a medela pump. I'm planning on bottle feeding EBM after a couple months.

Em xxx

I plan on Breastfeeding and I managed to get a Tomee Tippee hand pump cheap from TK Maxx - I know it might not be great but worth a try I plan on expressing & breastfeeding from after 1 month I think :wacko:

Same with me Del.. Mygod, I also have to lie on my back because my hips are bot sore and DH keeps on waking me up so I'll go to my side. I'm so annoyed actually..

I think my baby is also on the low-side, his kicks are still way below my belly button.

I guess our babies are on the stage of development that's why our symptoms are identical. Good luck to us.

Thanks ladies makes me feel better!

Are any of you planning on breast feeding? Just wondered if you were going to invest in a breast pump?x

Im going to breastfeed and have brought a tommy tippee hand pump cheap like emily. I dont plan on doing lots of expressing so think it will do the job. if i need to express alot more i may plan on buying an electric pump.

Yep peanut loves being low although she does move around alot so I get kicks everywhere but mostly down low in the bladder or cervix which isnt comfortable at all lol but happy to feel her kick where ever it is lol

Del I would have loved to breast feed but bc of the meds am on I won't be able to they are safe now but won't be for breast feeding :(

Ivan likes to kick low too he was having a little party in there last night if my hubby wasn't so sick he could of felt him kicking but he was asleep so I didn't wake him up

My little one seems to move around quite a bit as his kicks never seem to be in the same place. Last night they were pretty low. But I agree, the kicks to the cervix are quite uncomfortable and weird feeling. Have any of you felt like your little one was trying to kick out your butt? LOL Mine likes to do that too and it's such an odd feeling!!

I definitely plan on breastfeeding and I hope to do so longer than with my older son. I went back to work after 12 weeks and so I bought an electic Ameda breast pump which I still have and plan on re-using for this little one. I ended up only breastfeeding for about 4/5 months with ds1 as I struggled to pump enough while working and ended up drying up sooner than I liked. I'm going to try a bit harder this time and be more consistent with it so I can breast feed longer this time. Formula costs really add up!

Yes Elliot has kicked me once or twice in the butt and it is a really weird feeling :wacko:

I plan on breastfeeding, hope to make it to 6 mos. While for many things, being a grad student isn't ideal, there are a few perks.
I have my own office where I can pump whenever, and working as a neuroendocrinologist, with people who study maternal care, everyone is VERY supportive of breast feeding, my boss said she even breast fed her son while interviewing potential grad students. She told them that if it made them uncomfortable, then this wasn't the right place for them.
Also my insurance has this plan called "9 months and more." I think it's meant for low-income, but I asked about it and they can't tell me I can't participate. I just have to keep track of all my appts and get a sheet signed saying I attended all of them. I also get a call every trimester to make sure I'm not depressed or in an abusive relationship. At the end they are sending me a Medela double electric breast pump. FREE. I probably won't get it until 6 weeks post partum, so I may have to get a cheap manual to use for a little bit.
Fortunately my schedule is also super flexible, so I hope to just bring her with me a day a week as well.

I get lots of kicks very low in my pelvis, but last night I was laying on my side while DH read to the baby. I was shocked to feel kicks WAY over on my side near my ribs. Made me realize just how much room she must have!

I am breast feeding.

For those of you in the US and have insurance, I believe (call you insurance for sure) that by law your insurance company has to give you a breast pump for FREE. However, it is up to your insurance company what pumps they offer. I plan to use that one. So I recommend calling your insurance company to learn what they offer... free is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->