January Jelly Beans 2014!

Delamere :hugs: I'm sure we've reached a point where our hormones have taken over our emotions and we worry more about things. I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll find someone to have him. Do you live near family?

Em xxx

I need to start coming in here more - i think i just hide away until i feel all is ok if that makes sense

Oh Emily that sounds terrible - are you on bed rest?

I think i'm finally getting a bit more control of my hormones i'm still biting dh's head off a fair bit and crying for no reason but i feel better now

i think alot of it was the birth side of it the last time due to my bmi i was constantly monitored and basically stuck to a bed i felt not in control of my body and opted for a epidural because i couldnt move this then led to what i think caused decelarations and then he wasnt coming down as i was laying down so i had to have a ventouse delivery which i blame the epidural for - Having said that from the first proper pain until birth it was 10 hours so it wasnt too bad. This time as Delamere says i'm worrying about Alex and making sure he is looked after (although my mum is around i still worry incase its all quick) and that if baby comes quick my dh will miss it etc and the fact he doesnt drive, how i'm going to get to the hospital and then on top of that i will be constantly on the bed again - so i took the decision to try for a home water birth :) i wanted a water birth with Alex but the mw and consultant said no but since then i have done my research and they basically cant say no. I feel i will have a better birth experience this time and i'm actually excited about planning it all now and if my worst fears happen and i just cant cope like what happened last time i can easily transfer to hospital

I just realised that was a longer post than i expected :haha:

xxx

We've all heard so many of the things that no one is ever supposed to say to a pregnant woman, but I got a new one this morning from an overly friendly bus-driver (she's always trying to make conversation with the bus as a whole, super awkward). This morning I got on and she says "oh oh, looks like somebody better go shopping for clothes that fit!"
Got news for ya lady, I'm only 24 weeks, and everything on my (except my underwear) is maternity. I know that maternity styles are more fitted than they used to be, but this lady wasn't that old (probably 45). My zip up sweatshirt is fitted, but it's maternity and should get me through until at least month 7. I am realizing that I probably will need to find a big coat (even if it's just a big size, not maternity) to get through winter in WI.

As for anxiety, I am feeling the most regarding childcare for this little girl. We don't want to do full time, and I'm struggling to find anyone/where willing to do 2-3 days a week. I know I'm running out of time for infant placement. Meanwhile I'm trying to get as far as possible on my dissertation lab work so that if I can't find somebody to watch her right away, I can have plenty of writing to do while wearing her (which is the plan for the 2 days a week anyway).

Melann what a rude lady ugh some people. I get the "your huge" comments

My hubby and I have been talking about childcare too since I'm only taking three weeks off he's going to talk to this lady and see if she's willing to come to our apt and babysit a few hours while my hubby gets home from work we really want someone to come to us bc I work downstairs and can easily check on him and bc it's to freakin cold to take him out in Jan it's when we get the most snow

Delamere :hugs: I'm sure we've reached a point where our hormones have taken over our emotions and we worry more about things. I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll find someone to have him. Do you live near family?

Em xxx

Yeah I do live near. My dad is going to help as ds starts nursery on 6th Jan so I don't want his routine disrupted if I can help it. My sis has offered to have him sleep at hers but it depends really cos she is due to have her first baby on xmas day so it all depends on when she has her. It's all a bit up in the air. I know it will work out in the end. It was so much simpler last time, all we had to sort was the dog!! Lol

Emily, I am glad things are looking better! I hope it keeps going that way.

I have a lot of anxiety about where my daughter will go when I go into labor. My family is 4.5 hours away and did not make it in time for the last birth (I waited too long to go to the hospital or call family and was fully dilated when I got there). This time around I will call once contractions start, but I am mostly worried about needing to go to the hospital in the middle of the night. I have friends that will gladly take her while I'm in the hospital, but I hate to inconvenience anyone in the middle of the night!

I'm also feeling anxious about giving birth. Dh and I are new to this country and our families are thousands of miles away from us. We don't have any friends other than 3-4 acquaintances we met so far. Moreover, this is our first baby. We signed up for the birthing class but that won't happen till mid-December. Dh is entitled to only 3-weeks paternity leave (paid at minimum wage rate by the government).

I think given our situation, I really can't afford to deliver via C-section. Is there any way of knowing in advanced how well I'll do during labour, like can they measure my birth canal right now? I'm quite fit and active but not so young anymore. Baby isn't too big but could be measuring 2-3 days ahead.

:wohoo: 24 weeks : V-day :wohoo:

So proud of my little bundle for hanging in there!

Em xxx

Em, happy for u. You lil bean is a real trooper. I'm sure everything will be ok.

Happy V Day Ladies :happydance:

So I have been getting these stitch like pains in my low right side when walking the dogs :wacko: (it goes away when I stop walking or put pressue on with my hand) is this something I need to be concerned about and call my MW or is this Round Ligament Pain or something :wacko: :shrug:

Bubs is ok as he is very active so I can feel him playing about in there and kicking up a storm it is just me that is hurting :wacko:

Sounds like RLP to me, Twag. I've been feeling something similar. If it really concerns you, never hesitate to call your midwife/doc.

Thanks Ameli after doing some research etc I figured that is what it was :dohh: I have ordered myself a belly band hoping that helps :thumbup: FXd

Hi ladies

How is everyone doing today :)

Emily - congrats on reaching V-day :) xx

Congrats to everyone else who has reached V-day :) xx

AFM - Today was the day for my 24 week growth scan...... Well scan went great peanut is still measuring 3 days ahead of what she should which is great. Her heart is fine and they didnt pick anything up that would be worrying. She is still breech but they are not worring about that yet as she still has plenty of time to move into position. From what we could see she is still a she lol They are still keeping an eye on her and next scan will be 22nd October :)

Here is a pic of peanut at 24+4 not the best pic but its the only one she gave and im so glad she did as they dont have too :)

Attachments

• 1236232_10151904257603529_1175655773_n.jpg
    1236232_10151904257603529_1175655773_n.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 5
Twag, hope your RLP clears up :hugs:

Wrighty, glad your scan wentwell. Baby is in a variable position now,she'll keep shifting position for some more weeks. Only by around 32-36weeks,she'll fix her position. So there is no reason to worry :)

Wrighty, glad your scan wentwell. Baby is in a variable position now,she'll keep shifting position for some more weeks. Only by around 32-36weeks,she'll fix her position. So there is no reason to worry :)

Im not :) i know she moves as sometimes she kicks above my belly button instead on down low lol. in fact once we got home from the scan she had already moved and was kicking me above my belly button and OH got to feel them aswell lol

Im not :) i know she moves as sometimes she kicks above my belly button instead on down low lol. in fact once we got home from the scan she had already moved and was kicking me above my belly button and OH got to feel them aswell lol

My baby does that too, kicking above belly button. :baby: Sometimes she kicks my stomach,especially after lunch. Haha

Twag, I've had that quite a bit as well. I definitely chalked it up to RLP. I have a belly band, but for me I found that the less pressure on my belly the better. I wore it for a few hours last week and it made my digestive system very upset Have been wearing the full panel pants instead of the under belly with the super thick elastic and I haven't had as much problem.
AFM- DH only gets 3 DAYS of paid paternity, but his boss assured him that he can work from home for awhile if I need more help (recovering from C-section or whatever). Still trying to figure out what to do about childcare... We know what we want, just can't seem to find anyone with openings. :(

My DH doesn't get paid paternity leave per se, but his boss is letting him carry over half of his paid vaca to when the babies are born so he has more paid time off. I thought that was nice

Sorry to hear you had a rough go of it last week, Emily. :hugs: I'm glad you are feeling better and congrats on making it to v-day! I reached v-day yesterday, myself and am very glad to have reached this milestone!

I'm sorry that you are feeling RLP, Twag! I get some on occasion and it can be painful. I hope the belly band helps you!

I've been dealing with some back pain the last few days and different from what I had with my older son. It's a very sharp pain that starts in my left lower back, near my butt and then radiates down my left leg. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's painful to move or walk. Ugh!

My hubby doesn't get any paind paternity leave unfortunately but he does have a weeks worth of vacation saved up and he's hoping to use that once the babys here to help out for the week. No paid maternity leave for me either so I'm stuck with what leave I have and it's looking like I'll only have 10 weeks home with my little one (though that might change as I had to take a sick day yesterday for my older son :(). And I'm still thinking about day care myself. My mom just retired and she mentioned that she could possibly watch the little one once he's born...but I hate to corner her into that and my hubby is a little unsure of that too. My older son is currently in day care and I keep meaning to ask if they'll have an opening in the spring but I keep forgetting and besides I drop off my son and there's no one in the office when I do. But that's going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive and I'm not sure we can afford that. So we are still weighing our options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->