January Jelly Beans 2014!

Does anyone else get pain just under their ribs that feels like a stitch and then realise baby has been there most of the time you're stood it? Feels like my skin is damaged but on the inside lol x

I thankfully haven't had it with this pregnancy yet *touches wood*, but had it with my 1st. It very much sounds like rib flare to me. Very painful indeed. I had it from quite early-ish on until pretty much the end of the pregnancy. I put it down to our wee man being transverse for quite a while in there and bruising me from the inside due to his position.

I have had a lot of rib pain and at times it is painful to lay on my side. I find myself arching my back to stretch it out. My uterus isn't up there yet, but for me I think it's the ligaments stretching to make room for my stomach and lungs which are crammed pretty far up there. It goes in streaks. My LO likes to hang out pretty low, so it's not her jamming me yet! Every pregnant woman or recent mom I've mentioned it to, says "yup, getting ready to hit third tri! Only gets worse!" It sucks, but usually stretching my arms up or reclining to give more room is helpful.

Have you all been to childbirth/parenting classes. DH and I decided to skip the childbirth class since I'm a labor and delivery nurse and having a c-section. But, we're taking the first time parents class on the 26th. I can't believe that everything is moving so fast now. We still haven't painted the nursery, but my mom gave us the money for the crib and dresser so we ordered that this past weekend. My sister is buying the glider for us once I settle on one. I finally registered this past weekend too!

DH and I start baby classes tonight. Insurance covers it. 6 weeks, once a week, 2.5 hours each time. $90. The first three weeks are labor and delivery primarily. Weeks 4 and 5 are newborn care (and carseat installation :) and week 6 is breastfeeding basics. I'm kind of excited :)
Just waiting on a finishing touch for the nursery to come from ebay, and other than the crib skirt I made we don't have bedding yet, but I registered for it, and DH's mom made a quilt. So I'm waiting. We're using a bedside co-sleeper and sleepsacks at the beginning anyway, so it's no big deal.

Our 1st class is the 18th November and last one is on the 15th December

We have no nursery furniture yet or buggy and I am getting anxious :wacko:

I never took any birthing or new baby classes either with my first. I actually bought some DVDs that I watched. One thing I really wanted to take was an infant CPR class but I never got around to it. I'm lucky though that my husband is a EMT/Paramedic and had taught CPR for a while. :) I still want to get around to taking it though one of these days. I should look into that.

I logged onto my Microsoft Health Vault account (I can view all my lab results here) today and saw that my results from my GTT was up and decided to take a look. I passed!! :happydance: That's a relief to me. But they also did a full blood work up and I had some numbers outside the normal range. I'm not sure what that means though. So I'm waiting to see if I get a call from my OB nurse as they only call if there are concerns. My numbers weren't that far out of the ranges so I'm hoping it's nothing too bad!

As for setting up for baby...we honestly aren't even sure where we are going to put him yet. Eventually I think the boys are going to share a room so we are all on the same floor...but I don't think that will happen for a while as I don't want my newborn to wake my older son. :) So I think the plan is to rearrange our bedroom and set up the pack-n-play and have him sleep there at first. But our room is a mess right now and so I have a lot of things to do if that's going to happen! :dohh:

My ribs drive me crazy! The bottom part feels like it is being pushed out, while the top part feels like it needs to be stretched and get pushed out. Odd feeling.

We haven't set up baby room yet. I do have some things for it though.

Our hospital offers free classes, so I am signed up to take them mid November.

I haven't had too much in the way of rib pain yet. I get a really bad pain right at the front of my belly and it hurts SO bad. It feels better if I lay on my back or get on all fours. I am for sure asking about that at my next appointment. I woke up in the middle of the night with it last night and I wanted to cry! Anyone else have this or know what it is?

I just decided which room to use for the nursery and decided on a paint color and have the bedding. My husband has to move his office to the basement and then I have to move guest furniture where his office was to make room for the nursery. Then I ordered a twin bed set for our daughter so I can get the nursery set from her for baby's room. Whew! I hope we can get that moving soon!

I took birthing classes and nothing else last time around. I wish I would have skipped the birthing class (hypnobirthing book was much more helpful). I would have loved to take a hypnobirthing class, but they are super expensive. I really do wish I would have taken the breastfeeding course the hospital offered though. I thought it would come more naturally than it did and was a big struggle for me.

DH and I start baby classes tonight. Insurance covers it. 6 weeks, once a week, 2.5 hours each time. $90. The first three weeks are labor and delivery primarily. Weeks 4 and 5 are newborn care (and carseat installation :) and week 6 is breastfeeding basics. I'm kind of excited :)
Just waiting on a finishing touch for the nursery to come from ebay, and other than the crib skirt I made we don't have bedding yet, but I registered for it, and DH's mom made a quilt. So I'm waiting. We're using a bedside co-sleeper and sleepsacks at the beginning anyway, so it's no big deal.

My insurance doesn't cover it, but the total is only $75 for the parents class and the breastfeeding, so not too bad. I'm excited about it :happydance:

Our 1st class is the 18th November and last one is on the 15th December

We have no nursery furniture yet or buggy and I am getting anxious :wacko:

We haven't gotten our stroller or carseat yet...hoping my dad or one of the inlaws will pick it up for the baby shower.

I never took any birthing or new baby classes either with my first. I actually bought some DVDs that I watched. One thing I really wanted to take was an infant CPR class but I never got around to it. I'm lucky though that my husband is a EMT/Paramedic and had taught CPR for a while. :) I still want to get around to taking it though one of these days. I should look into that.

I logged onto my Microsoft Health Vault account (I can view all my lab results here) today and saw that my results from my GTT was up and decided to take a look. I passed!! :happydance: That's a relief to me. But they also did a full blood work up and I had some numbers outside the normal range. I'm not sure what that means though. So I'm waiting to see if I get a call from my OB nurse as they only call if there are concerns. My numbers weren't that far out of the ranges so I'm hoping it's nothing too bad!

As for setting up for baby...we honestly aren't even sure where we are going to put him yet. Eventually I think the boys are going to share a room so we are all on the same floor...but I don't think that will happen for a while as I don't want my newborn to wake my older son. :) So I think the plan is to rearrange our bedroom and set up the pack-n-play and have him sleep there at first. But our room is a mess right now and so I have a lot of things to do if that's going to happen! :dohh:

Ours will probably sleep in the pack and play for the first month or two in our room. Even though the nursery is just down the hall I think I'll be too paranoid to let her sleep in there at the beginning.

Yay for passing the GTT!!! Trust me, GD is so sucky :nope:

My ribs drive me crazy! The bottom part feels like it is being pushed out, while the top part feels like it needs to be stretched and get pushed out. Odd feeling.

We haven't set up baby room yet. I do have some things for it though.

Our hospital offers free classes, so I am signed up to take them mid November.

Free classes, how awesome! I wanted to take our classes in November, but they're offered the same week as Thanksgiving and we'll be out of town.

I haven't had too much in the way of rib pain yet. I get a really bad pain right at the front of my belly and it hurts SO bad. It feels better if I lay on my back or get on all fours. I am for sure asking about that at my next appointment. I woke up in the middle of the night with it last night and I wanted to cry! Anyone else have this or know what it is?

I just decided which room to use for the nursery and decided on a paint color and have the bedding. My husband has to move his office to the basement and then I have to move guest furniture where his office was to make room for the nursery. Then I ordered a twin bed set for our daughter so I can get the nursery set from her for baby's room. Whew! I hope we can get that moving soon!

I took birthing classes and nothing else last time around. I wish I would have skipped the birthing class (hypnobirthing book was much more helpful). I would have loved to take a hypnobirthing class, but they are super expensive. I really do wish I would have taken the breastfeeding course the hospital offered though. I thought it would come more naturally than it did and was a big struggle for me.

I hope that pain goes away, it sounds awful. I was so planning on doing hypnobirthing, but I was informed that due to a prior uterine resection that I have to have a c-section. How did it work out for you? Are you taking a BF class this go round?

I hope that pain goes away, it sounds awful. I was so planning on doing hypnobirthing, but I was informed that due to a prior uterine resection that I have to have a c-section. How did it work out for you? Are you taking a BF class this go round?[/QUOTE]

Hypnobirthing worked really well for me. I actually didn't do a lot of the visualization things they suggested, but rather mostly focused on keeping my body relaxed and letting it do it's thing. I came to the hospital fully dilated after laboring at home for 10 hours. They got the birthing tub ready and I gave birth to her in the water less than 2 hours after getting to the hospital. It really was an amazing experience for me.

I feel like after BFing my daughter for 16 months, and encountering several problems, that I am confident in my ability to nurse this time around, so I probably will not take any classes.

I signed up for a bunch of classes.... lets see....
Child birth
Boot camp for daddy's
breastfeeding
baby's/booties/baths
financial class (it was free with one of my other classes)

I took a breastfeeding class before my son was born and highly recommend it for any mommies that want to give BFing a try! I don't think I would have been successful if I didn't have the knowledge from that class.

I'm going to be induced by 38 weeks which means I have at most 99 days left now :happydance: YAY DOUBLE DIGITS :happydance:

Also V-day tomorrow :thumbup:

I haven't signed up for my classes yet because I can't decide which ones to take. I'm definitely doing the visit to the labour ward to see what its like and the class after birth where they show you how to bath/change baby etc...

Not sure about the classes about labour though as I think a lot of it won't be relevant to me with being induced and I'll probably get upset hearing about all the natural water births they're all planning :blush:

Congrats on Double Digits :happydance:

We were offered a one day course from the NHS for free but we have decided to do NCT classes which are expensive but they are 6 classes and cover a breastfeeding class and meet up after babies are born so I think it is worth it tbh :thumbup:

I'm not taking any classes, but I have done this 2 times already so I'm pretty confident in knowing what to expect lol.

Congrats to those in double digits! :happydance:

I did an NCT course last time and it was great. Only 6 couples so it was a nice no of people. We all met up after the babies were born and I'm still in touch with a couple of them.

My sis is going to antenatal and I'm going to go with her as her support. I have already had a baby so I know most of the stuff but I thought seen as it was over 3 years ago a little refresher wouldn't hurt!

My son has been potty training this week so apart from my MW appointment on tue I haven't been able to go out. I am so pleased though, this is the 4th day nappy free and we have a few accidents but also had wees on the potty and a poop too :happydance: So proud of my DS. I have to say I am finding it quite tiring though cos I'm up and down all the time so I will be glad when he has got the hang of it all.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"