January Jelly Beans 2014!

We'll also do a 2-day class, quite costly at $130. But since were kinda clueless and on our own, thought we just have to do this.

No classes for me, I can't find anything that is close enough to me except breast feeding which I can't do anyway luckily I know enough about babies to be ok

My son has been potty training this week so apart from my MW appointment on tue I haven't been able to go out. I am so pleased though, this is the 4th day nappy free and we have a few accidents but also had wees on the potty and a poop too :happydance: So proud of my DS. I have to say I am finding it quite tiring though cos I'm up and down all the time so I will be glad when he has got the hang of it all.

That's great that your son is doing so well with potty traning. :thumbup: We really want to get our son started on it as well but I'm just not sure he's ready yet. We've tried to start a few times on weekends but he just looses interest and won't sit on the potty when it's time. I don't want to scare him off of it so we are not pushing but it would be great to have him potty trained before this little one is born. I think having to deal with one in diapers is plenty! LOL

My son has been potty training this week so apart from my MW appointment on tue I haven't been able to go out. I am so pleased though, this is the 4th day nappy free and we have a few accidents but also had wees on the potty and a poop too :happydance: So proud of my DS. I have to say I am finding it quite tiring though cos I'm up and down all the time so I will be glad when he has got the hang of it all.

That's great that your son is doing so well with potty traning. :thumbup: We really want to get our son started on it as well but I'm just not sure he's ready yet. We've tried to start a few times on weekends but he just looses interest and won't sit on the potty when it's time. I don't want to scare him off of it so we are not pushing but it would be great to have him potty trained before this little one is born. I think having to deal with one in diapers is plenty! LOL

Honestly I have tried about two or three times but he wasnt interested in potty at all and wouldn't even sit on it. We have started this time with a reward bag where if he wees or poops on potty or toilet he gets a little something. Working so far but going to lessen the treats next wk. Had 2 poops on potty this wk which I am so chuffed about. Think you will know when he is ready. My ds kept saying things like he was going to go in the corner to poop x

Honestly I have tried about two or three times but he wasnt interested in potty at all and wouldn't even sit on it. We have started this time with a reward bag where if he wees or poops on potty or toilet he gets a little something. Working so far but going to lessen the treats next wk. Had 2 poops on potty this wk which I am so chuffed about. Think you will know when he is ready. My ds kept saying things like he was going to go in the corner to poop x

Thanks for advice, Del. Yeah my son isn't quite that far a long yet. He'll sometimes tell us WHEN he pooped but not when he's going to. And even that's not consistent. He even will sometimes deny he's gone when he obviously has. I'm not conerned that he's not ready as I know a lot of boys aren't ready until at least 3 and he's just 2 1/2 this month. I just know it would be easier on us if he was! :winkwink: I like the rewards idea and will have to come up with something similar for when he is ready. I know a lot of parents use stickers as a reward....and my son does like stickers...but he usually likes LOTS of stickers so I don't think just one will do . LOL

Our class was great. They did have a video of a birth, nothing too gory, but definitely full view of crowning etc. Some of the women were talking about water births. I know they can be great, but personally it just doesn't sound appealing to me at all, so I figure I just need to go with what makes me comfortable. My hospital/birthing center does have tub and showers in each room, which I think I would like for the labor part, but not the delivery part. I hope to have an active labor and will be requesting a squat bar to use to pull up on. The woman in the video last night did it all natural and took on many of the same positions that look comfortable to me. I've always been one to have SEVERE menstrual cramps, like on the floor crying and throwing up, and I have to imagine that many of the same positions that help then (on all fours or kneeling with my head on the ground) will be comforting then too.
Poor DH is a little freaked out that he wants to be a part of everything and be comforting, but he knows that when I have had my horrid cramps the last thing I want is for him to touch me or encourage me. I reminded him that while the pain will be there, the emotions of the situation will be completely different, since it's all for the sake of the baby, not AF, and so I'd imagine that I'll be more open to his comfort.

On a side note:
I mentioned to the teacher last night that I get achy way down low in my abdomen sometimes, kind of like menstrual cramps, but not sharp, just achy, and that they go away within several minutes usually. She got this freaked out look on her face and told me to "keep an eye on it." I'll ask my doc when I see him tomorrow, but I hadn't worried about this at all as I assumed it was either mild BH contractions, or just stretching. The only reason I brought it up to her was because she was talking abotu BH contractions.
These aches are pretty mild, so I didn't think anything of it! Anybody else?

melann13, it really sounds like BH and is most likely nothing to worry about. I had them quite a lot with my 1st and have them with this pregnancy too.

As for me: I can't believe that this is my last week in 2nd trimester. Only 98 days to go. The wee man is now the size of an eggplant and is wriggling around like crazy.

**Blood Test**

My hCG levels were 7,000 and under it, it said they diluted it.

Not sure if that's good...
We think I'm 5.5-6.5 weeks pregnant. So the number did fall in between.

@Radiance, unfortunately a single HCG reading can't tell you much, but that sounds nice and high to me. At 4 weeks I had 73.

Radiance - I never had blood hcg measured so dong know what they are meant to be. What happens next? Do they repeat them or do you have an early scan or anything?

Em xxx

Radiance, the values sound good to me. Don't worry,dear :)

Hi jellybeans!!!

I hope you're all well. All seems ok here apart from the constant exhaustion.

I had a full 8 hour sleep last night,but still woke up feeling pretty exhausted :-(

Hi all. Sorry I havent been on for ages. Been so busy sorti g house after movibg. Also been crazy busy with work.
Hope u are all well.
Im good but have pelvic arthropathy which is agony so have physio next week so hoping that helps.
Well, yesterday was day 1 of potty training dd. She used potty 3 times and had 3 accidents. Today on day2 she has uused potty twice and one accident a d its only 10.15am.
Is this good or not? Ive no idea. Suppose later today will tell.
Having no idea if making progress or not!
Any advice would be great. Just wanting her outta nappies before baby comes along.
Hopr u r all keeping well and getti g prepared for new arrivals in new year.

I actually managed six hours of sleep last night which is awesome for me since this week I've been having about 3 hours of interrupted sleep. Still exhausted though.

I had a hospital appointment today and found out my home scales are actually wrong and I've put on 11lbs so far not 6lbs which has got me down a bit because I'm only just about within acceptable weight gain now :nope:

V-DAY today though!! :happydance:

Happy v day Sal !!!!! :happydance:

Worried gl with potty training I have no experience but rewarding her when she uses the potty might help, sorry not much help :)

Cakemumma :wave:

Well only slep for 4 hours :( ugh I'm sleepy but can't seem to fall asleep I might try ambien, dr said it was ok every now and then, tonight so I can actually sleep a bit I got a full day today hope I make it

Happy v day sal.

Hi Lucy, 4 hours isn't enough you must be shattered.

Just eaten lunch and now I can't move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->