January Jelly Beans 2014!

melann13- The absolute last thing I wanted in labor was for DH to touch me. It's funny because all of our birthing classes were focused on how he could physically support me and once I was in labor I wanted none of it. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to be touched either. I would discuss with him before hand how he can encourage you more on the emotional end. My DH was a great encourager, so I felt like he was still involved.

I am considering potty training soon as well. DD is showing signs of readiness, but we'll see. She is super interested, but rarely produces anything on the potty. We are just letting her go when she asks at the moment just to get her comfortable with the potty before we go full in on the training. I wouldn't stress too much if it doesn't happen before this one comes. I know lots of people who have had their kiddos go through a regression after the baby comes and have to basically potty train all over again.

Radiance- I don't know much about the levels, but keep us updated! Do you know when you are supposed to go back?

Radiance, I think that level sounds just fine for how far along they think you are! Good luck and can't wait to hear an update. :)

Sorry to those having trouble sleeping and good luck to those currently potty training! As for me, I slept pretty well, but had crazy crazy dreams again. I'm trying not to over analyze this one, but I dreamed that I had the baby and on her first day home, I actually took her to my parents house and decided to go to the mall? While at the mall, I got caught up with a girl who was shop lifting and I had to run from police. I also lost my shoes and had to wear mismatched flip flops home. What the heck? Lol

I have my ultrasound this afternoon at 4!! I'm so excited, but this day is dragging. It's only 10 AM here, and the students are wild because it is homecoming week! I'm hoping they will at least try to get a 3D look at the baby during my scan, but I'm not sure if they will. My doctor never really said why I was having another one, but I don't think he was worried about anything. I'm hoping everything still looks good with the baby and maybe I'll actually get a decent profile picture of her. :)

Happy V-Day, Sal :happydance:

Cakemumma, this was the first day I could sleep straight 8hours and it didn't help :-( Hoping the situation improves :sigh:

melann13- The absolute last thing I wanted in labor was for DH to touch me. It's funny because all of our birthing classes were focused on how he could physically support me and once I was in labor I wanted none of it. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to be touched either. I would discuss with him before hand how he can encourage you more on the emotional end. My DH was a great encourager, so I felt like he was still involved.

I am considering potty training soon as well. DD is showing signs of readiness, but we'll see. She is super interested, but rarely produces anything on the potty. We are just letting her go when she asks at the moment just to get her comfortable with the potty before we go full in on the training. I wouldn't stress too much if it doesn't happen before this one comes. I know lots of people who have had their kiddos go through a regression after the baby comes and have to basically potty train all over again.

Radiance- I don't know much about the levels, but keep us updated! Do you know when you are supposed to go back?

I was the same way in labour. I didn't want anyone touching me or talking to me. I basically just tuned everyone out. My cousin was there as our birth coach along with my DH and once my contractions got to the point where I couldn't laugh along with them during, I just closed my eyes and stopped talking to them all together. lol They were getting frustrated that I wasn't telling them when I was contracting so they had no idea when I was having one unless they were looking at me. Even during the pushing stage, the doc tried to have them hold my legs and that's the one and only time I spoke... shouted actually. :dohh: I told them to stop touching me... and stop talking. I just needed to be left alone to do my thing. |The nurse kept trying to put wash cloths and stuff on my forehead. It just made me angry. Weirdest part was when I was in labour before it started to get intense, I told the nurse I had to pee, and hobbled off to the bathroom in the delivery room and mid pee she sent my hubby and cousin in to support me.... WTF! I was PEEING! I kicked them out right away. lol Other then that, I was a happy smiling laughing ball of fun when I was in labour. I had a great delivery and was up and showered by noon (he was born at 8:08am). I wanted to go home right away but because he was early we had to stay a few days. Im not sure that Im looking forward to labour this time. Im not scared but Im nervous now that I sort of know what to expect. Plus, I was watching you tube videos of births yesterday and my DH walked in and just the look on my face was enough to get him to ask what I was watching... it sort of freaked me out. I KNOW what birth looks like, I have delivered babies at work but I didn't think about what was happening to my poor lady bits when I was delivering last time... I also refused to look down there for two months after... I wouldn't even feel to see how bad it was. lol

I would like to join this group. after having 5 mcs I've been pretty cautious this pregnancy. but today I hit the 3Rd trimester so it really logs like I'm going to have this baby. I'm due the 12th with a girl

I get hungry easily, but lose all my hunger when I see food. Kind of intriguing, I know :)

Welcome, ohsnapb :hi: Happy 27weeks :)

Herbert, when are you due?

Haven't been on here in a while. Hope everyone's ok time has zoomed by for me this last month or so cant believe its third tri this week! Things are good atm, hyperemesis is no longer a part of my daily life and I am looking huge right now big baby bump :) can't sleep at night and can't shake a cold I've had for 3weeks now but aside from that all good! Feeling very excited to meet baby & a teeny bit nervous for labour/delivery now! My little boy talks to bump every day and is always saying how he can't wait to meet baby in January right after his birthday <3

Morning. Haven't been on in a few days. Been busy with potty training. It's going well for most part. I'm just wondering how I get to the next stage of getting out and about with my son out of nappies. I think it might yet be another few days at least before we can go anywhere, he does wee on the potty but I still need to remind him about it so he's not yet at the stage where he knows when he wants to go and I'm worried pull ups when we go out will confuse him.:nope:

So as for my pregnancy I have been feeling quite dizzy for a day or so. It's a little easier today but it's making me quite headachy. Been struggling to walk far too as I get a stitch and pain in my bump. My MW says I need a support band so I am looking at them ATM.

Hope everyone else is well. X

Morning ladies, So I had my 25 weeks midwife appointment Friday and bump measures a perfect 25 weeks and I was told that at this point it does not look like I will need a GTT :happydance:
My BP is 105/90 which doesn't mean anything to me but my Mum is concerned as she said top number was low and bottom number was high :wacko: does anyone else think I have anything to be worried about? Midwife didn't seem concerned :shrug:

Morning ladies, So I had my 25 weeks midwife appointment Friday and bump measures a perfect 25 weeks and I was told that at this point it does not look like I will need a GTT :happydance:
My BP is 105/90 which doesn't mean anything to me but my Mum is concerned as she said top number was low and bottom number was high :wacko: does anyone else think I have anything to be worried about? Midwife didn't seem concerned :shrug:

105 is normal but 90 is borderline high. I wouldn't worry about it if the midwife wasn't.

I got my info off here. There's a picture which really helps.

https://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Bloodpressurechart

Twag, as Sal said 105 is normal but 90 is a tiny bit high. But a single 90 value is not a cause for concern. Only if value is persistently high,does it need attention

Thanks Ladies I will be sure to bring it up with my midwife at my next appointment :thumbup:

Hi, can you remove me from the list? Was due on January 18th but suffered a missed miscarriage in July. Thank you.

:hugs: Exmxb and congrats on your new pregnancy. FX it's a sticky rainbow baby for you!

Sooo I failed my 1 hr GTT by one point. Apparently the fact that I had my low amount of caffeine that morning, and I don't eat a lot of sweets or drink soda ever may be the culprit. I understand that they're testing to see how your body ramps up insulin production in response to sugar, but when you don't eat a lot of sugar, your body's insulin production slows down and doesn't respond as quickly to a large intake, i.e. the orange syrup garbage they have you chug. So doctor says to carbo load for the three days before my three hour test to show that my body can ramp up insulin production in response. You would think I'd be confident in passing this time since I only failed the starter test by a single point (141 instead of 140), but the EXACT same thing happened to my lab mate and she failed the 3 hr by 2 points. I know stress can lower insulin production as well, so I'm trying to remain calm...
My plan is to be careful about sugar the next few days (test is on Fri) so that I don't have any extra in my system at the time of the test and eat lots of complex carbs to step up production. Also trying to go for a brisk walk after every meal to increase insulin. Wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->