January Jelly Beans 2014!

Happy double digits Lian and Del

Good luck with your scan Radiance

xx

Taking the gestational diabetes test today, hope I will pass! I'm a bit of a sugar addict so I'm kind of worried. :(

Taking the gestational diabetes test today, hope I will pass! I'm a bit of a sugar addict so I'm kind of worried. :(

I had mine today too! Jeeeeez it was boring! I'm a sugar addict too, hope we pass [-o<

Thanks for your congrats everyone on my double digits.

Got a really sore bump today. It's always lower down so I've ordered a support belt as my midwife suggested. Can't take much more of it, I don't even have to walk far to feel it. My sister even said my bump looked low today.

My living room is a tip cos my son and step nephew are playing. I don't think I'm going to have the energy to tidy up again! Feels like a never ending task.

Was soooo mad at myself last night. My OH is away with work til tonight so I had to put my son to bed alone which has been a task cos he has moved into a big bed and hasn't been wanting to go. Anyway things went pretty well and he was asleep in 15 mins. When I was going to bed I put the monitor in my pocket and accidentally pressed a button that plays music and discovered that the only way to stop it is to turn the main monitor off in my sons room but by then he had woken up and was crying. After a few choice words I went to comfort him but he didn't want to know me and I left him and luckily he self settled and went back to sleep! It's a new monitor so that's a lesson learnt right there!!!

Looking forward to my bed for sure tonight, I never sleep same when my partner isn't here.

Congrats on all of the double digits that have happened lately. Things are starting to speed up it seems!! :dohh:

And good luck on passing your GD tests, wolf and emmy! I got my results last week and was happy to have passed. I love me some chocolate so you guys may be all right! :thumbup:

And good luck today Radiance! I hope you get some good news! :hugs:

I don't like sleeping without my DH either so I know how it feels, Delamere!! Hopefully you can get a good night sleep tonight with your OH back home. :hugs: My son has gotten into this kick lately that he wants to sleep with daddy (and mommy too) every night. It's something that he just started doing recently and we've been letting him but I really don't want it to become a habit. It's not going to work once our new little man comes so we have to find a way to get him out of it and wanting to sleep in his own bed again. Mostly my hubby goes to bed before me and takes our son with him. Then when I come to bed usually little man is a sleep and I just pick him up and put him in his bed with no problems. But still, I'd like him to be able to go go sleep in his own bed without crying himself to sleep like he did last night. And soon it'll probably be harder as we'll be moving him to a twin bed from the toddler bed as that's also the crib which we'll need for this baby. So some big changes coming for our little man!

Hakuna, congrats on 70s :yipee:

Lola, :hugs:

wolf and emmy, good luck on the glucose tests :thumbup:

Radiance, good luck :thumbup: and :hugs:

Had my normal appointment. Had a hard time getting a heart beat because baby was moving like crazy :) I go back in 3 weeks for the GD test. I have actually heard that people who don't consume a lot of sugar are more likely to do poorly because their body reacts more strongly. Not sure if that's true or not. Just don't have sugar/carbs right before! Good luck wolf and emmy, hope it goes well!

vtjess423- I hope the bed adjustment goes well. We picked out a twin bed a few weeks ago and just got the call yesterday that it's in, so that will probably be delivered next week. We also need to steal the toddler bed because it is the crib for baby. She seems excited about it. Hoping to adjust her to it now so she doesn't feel like we are ripping her bed away from her when baby comes.

Still thinking of you Radiance. Keep us updated!

vtjess423- I hope the bed adjustment goes well. We picked out a twin bed a few weeks ago and just got the call yesterday that it's in, so that will probably be delivered next week. We also need to steal the toddler bed because it is the crib for baby. She seems excited about it. Hoping to adjust her to it now so she doesn't feel like we are ripping her bed away from her when baby comes.!

That's exactly how I feel. I don't want him to think we are stealing his bed. I'd like to make the transition soon but I'm not sure when we will. We won't need the crib for a few months after this lo is born so it doesn't have to be right away but I'm thinking the sooner the better so he doesn't feel like we are stealing. I'm just not sure yet. My parents got him this whole Disney Cars bed set that they will give him for Christmas, I think that will help make the transition better as he LOVES Cars. But I don't know if I want to wait that long to make the transition. I think just having another, much smaller, person in our house will be hard enough that I don't want to make the bed change at the same time. So we need to make the decision soon. We actually already have a twin bed for him, it was my husbands old bed so we just need to get him a new mattress. We really need to make some decisions soon as time is running out! Though in my hubby's head we still have TONS of time. :dohh: I just bought a crib set for the baby and he's like do we really need that already? Men!

@Acorn, yes I believe that's what happened to me. I don't eat a lot of processed sugar at all, and failed the test by a single point. I think my body just hasn't practiced mounting that massive of an insulin response. I felt awful after mine.
The last few days I've made sure to up my complex carbs a bit, no caffeine at all today, or processed sugar. Only simple carbs (rice) for dinner I think (with protein and veggie of course) so that hopefully after tomorrow afternoon the three hour test is just a memory. I'm quite anxious about it.

Jess my dh is the same! I suggested we start to clear out the room we will be using for baby this weekend. He said we have lots of time and we can do it later. I don't think he realizes the longer we wait the less help I will be able to be. lol

Meet baby Hope! <3

Baby is right where he/she should be!
Measuring very ahead at 8w4d and 8w1d, we know this isn't possible and with a nice heartbeat!!
So we should be about 7 weeks exactly.

I love you Elijah, keep watching over your little baby.

Attachments

• 1376536_10201654510871970_97214705_n.jpg
    1376536_10201654510871970_97214705_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 9
I think I passed the GD test. I just can look at my test results online haven't talked to the dr. but it said normal is 41-139 and I was 123. I guess that's pretty high on the normal end though don't know if I should be concerned or not.

I think I passed the GD test. I just can look at my test results online haven't talked to the dr. but it said normal is 41-139 and I was 123. I guess that's pretty high on the normal end though don't know if I should be concerned or not.

I got a 130 on the one hour. Last pregnancy I got a 145 and had to take the three hour (I passed). I'm just happy I passed it on the first go this time. I think your number is great! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->