January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congratulations Radiance that is fantastic news :hugs:

Radiance, great news. So happy for you :yipee:

mommytobe and wolf, yay on passing the glucose test :happydance:

I already congratulated you on FB, Radiance, but I'm so happy for you!! I'm sure Elijah is looking out for his little brother or sister. :hugs:

WhitheartsQ said:
Jess my dh is the same! I suggested we start to clear out the room we will be using for baby this weekend. He said we have lots of time and we can do it later. I don't think he realizes the longer we wait the less help I will be able to be. lol

I think men don't always use their brains! :dohh: LOL I don't think my hubby realizes that either. Though he did already tell me he didn't like me carrying anything up and down (specifically laundry as our washer/dryer are in the basement) the stairs so he does think about those things sometimes. :shrug: Who knows what's going in in his head. :) I guess he just doesn't realize how fast these next 2.5-3 months are going to go.

I think I passed the GD test. I just can look at my test results online haven't talked to the dr. but it said normal is 41-139 and I was 123. I guess that's pretty high on the normal end though don't know if I should be concerned or not.

I don't think what your number was matters as long as it falls within the passing range but I'm sure about that. I'm sure your doctor/midwife can shed some light. I was able to see my results online as well so I know I passed though I haven't talked with my doctor yet (they only call if there are issues). I'll see her next week. I was lucky though as I received an 83. I'm sure everything is fine for you too!

Agreed Wolf, I don't think you need to worry about 123.

AFM sitting at the doc's office for the next three hours to take the 3hr GTT. Already had one blood draw and drank the sweet stuff (pretty sure it's twice as much sugar as last time). So I brought work with me to do, but I don't feel well at all and I don't know if I can really get into a good writing mode. Woke up in the night with my stomach growling as I usually have a small bowl of cereal or something later at night to stave off the hunger and couldn't do that with the fasting. I no longer feel hungry after the drink because now I just feel sick. Lab tech already told me that if I throw it up I have to redo it, so I'm just trying to keep it down. I was given a small glass of water and told that's all I can have for the next three hours.
This sucks. Prayers you ladies all pass your 1hr test so you don't have to do this.

I dunno if it is the same in the uk, my test was 2 hours wait after drinking the stuff, I hope I don't have to do it again if I don't pass! :shrug:

When will you find out your results, Melann?

They weren't sure if I'd find out today or not. They promised that as soon as the results were done they'd call if it was a fail. I may call at the end of the day, but I may not hear til Monday since my last blood draw (there are four) was done at 11:35.

The nurse called already and I passed all four blood draws (I think you're allowed to fail one) with absolutely no problem. My levels and the references were :
Fasting: 76 (<95)
1hr: 127 (<180)
2hr: 131 (<153)
3hr: 112 (<140)
I know I wrote on here during the first hour that I felt miserable, but it really did get better after the second hour, I think it's once your body starts to get the sugar level back down. Nurse told me she wanted to call as soon as possible to let me know and that I should go eat candy :) I'm not sure that was the point of passing the test, but I did just eat a homemade whole wheat chocolate zucchini muffins that I made with applesauce and raisins and walnuts. Oh, and some chai latte (decaf) Mmmm. So relieved.

So after my ultrasound yesterday (at the hospital) I decided why not get my blood work done since I'm already there. Here at my OBs office you must get a ton of things checked (12 tubes of blood) even though I got it all done when I got pregnant with Elijah and half of those things tested again at his stillbirth. I got poked 10+ times, 3 women and done in 47 minutes, my arms are so badly bruised. Last night I couldn't even straighten out my arms. :wacko: :nope:

Hope you don't mind me joining the thread.. I'm due January 11th with a boy! :blue:

Welcome to the group! :)

Welcome Jessica !!!

Radiance ouch :( I have rolling veins and there's only one spot where they can get blood from I'm wondering how it's going to be when I get induced :( not looking forward to that part

Melann glad you passed :) your snack sounds yummy now I want a muffin LOL with hot chocolate :D

Melann, yipee :yipee: That's one huge hurdle crossed

Jessica, welcome :hi:

Radiance, :hugs:

I got a text from my doctors office saying "your results have been received and no further action is required" I think that means I passed my diabetes test! Will check when I see midwife next week but I assume I have from that text :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->