January Jelly Beans 2014!

Goldstns ooh yumm those look so delish, might have to get me some as an early Xmas gift LOL I'm not a huge sweets person but bread :dohh: that is my weakness :( and potatoes :nope: the worse two things for diabetics I think :cry:

my dietitian said I can have 1/2 cup of potatoes... and she said sweet potatoes and white potatoes are the same for a diabetic.

I have a hard time limiting myself so I just avoid them but I do have whole wheat bread every now and then

Radiance - big hugs hun. Hope you find your perfect home soon

Em xxx

I'm kind of lucky - bread, pasta, and potatoes don't really affect my blood sugar. Certain fruit really does me in. I can't look at a banana. I had a bowl of no sugar added citrus salad (grapefruit and oranges) and I was a few points too high. Pineapple affects me the same way. But apples are okay thankfully and I'm glad because it's apple season and I love apples :)

Hakuna all those effect me :( I really need to pay attention to portion sizes too but when I was on my low carb diet I could eat a whole apple or two it would be fine right now it does make my numbers a bit high but not enough to worry me bananas are my weakness freakin things I love them too but def spike so I will have a bite from my hubby's if I really want one

There are some great sugar free options out there these days. However, Splenda makes me INCREDIBLY sick and I have to keep it at a great distance, so that rules out sugar free coffee syrups, most sugar free candy etc.
The first couple times I had Splenda I didn't realize it and I couldn't figure out why I had such severe stomach cramping and was in the bathroom all night. Not something I'd like to accompany with pregnancy.

Oh wow that sucks. I'm glad I can have Splenda. Just 2 a day in my coffee.

I hit 28 weeks today. Yay!! :) Wow time is really getting away from me. I still have so much to do before the baby arrives! :dohh: I have my next OB appointment on Friday and I'm hoping she'll tell me she wants another u/s just to check on growth. But I'm not sure if she will or not. She did around this time with my older son and it was about this time that my blood pressure started to spike. I'm already on BP meds but a lot less than when it spiked last time (100 mg once a day vs 200 3 times a day). So I really need to start keeping any eye on it, in case my meds need to be adjusted. And due to my high bp with my older son there were some growth concerns so I'm thinking it would be smart just to check on this little guy too. But I'll have to wait and see what my doctor says. :)

As for those suffering from diabetes, I wish you all the best. I'm lucky and I don't have GD which I'm very thankful for that but my hubby is a type 2 diabetic so I know how hard it can be to deal with some times. My hubby isn't the best at keeping himself in check as he loves his sweets. So we use a lot of splenda in our house and when I bake, which I love to do, I always use that instead of sugar in my recipes.

Hope your BP stays under control Jess.

I am craving brownies in the worst way! Do you have a good sugar free recipe?

Sorry, hakuna, I don't have any brownie recipes. I don't really make brownies all that often. I'm more of a cookie lover! :thumbup: But I do know that Pillsbury makes a sugar free brownie mix that you could maybe try. (I know it's not made from scratch but it might be worth a try! :winkwink:) They carry it in our regualr grocery store with the box cake/brownie mixes. I haven't tried the brownie mix but we have tried the cake mix and icing as my hubby was in the mood for cake a few months back and I didn't have time to make from scratch that weekend. It turned out pretty good and tasted yummy.

Also, if you have a favorite brownie recipe, I'd recommend just trying to directly substitute the splenda for sugar. I've had great luck with just taking my favorite recipes and switching out the sugar. You just have to watch the baking time with that as splenda seems to make everything bake quicker in my experience.

Had my flu jab today. Also officially in 3rd trimester. Can't believe it, time is flying by. Looking forward to meeting our wee man, but as this will be our last baby, I don't want the pregnancy over too quickly either. :nope:

How's the arm Pip, is it sore? My flu shot made my arm ache a bit.

Jess, I love that there's a sf brownie mix. Even better than scratch because I'm lazy :thumbup:

Happy 3rd tri Pip. :) hope your arms not sore am getting my shots at 30 weeks? I think is what I was told.

Hakuna I looked online at low carb brownies and found a few good ones it does take some time but hey if you can buy the mix one at the store go for it LOL I can't be bothered to cook anything fancy ATM LOL although I did make some low carb pancakes with cream cheese that were yummy :)

Thanks ladies. Tbh, my arm is hurting quite a bit and I have got a nice bruise too. Why do they have to inject it into the muscle anyway? :wacko:

I don't blame you at all, hakuna. A lot of times is so much easier just to buy the box mixes. For cakes if you add a packet of pudding to the boxed cake mix, it adds a little something and makes them taste just as good as ones made from scratch. I was actually kind of excited to find the sugar free box mixes as it makes it much easier to make my hubby some treats if he gets an itch for some. LOL

Lucy, those low carb pancakes made with cream cheese sound good. I'm sure my hubby would like that. He's a fan of pancakes and we usually just use the regular box mix for those with sugar free syrup, which is not ideal but it's the best we've been able to do. I'll have to try something like that for him too.

I hope your arm feels better, piperette. I still need to get my flu shot as well. I was going to do it this Friday before my OB appointment but I found out I also have a cardiologist appointment the same day so I don't think I'll be able to get it then. It'll probably have to wait until my next day off (two weeks from Friday).

Jess there are tons of low carb recipes for pancakes that one was the best one I have tried even my hubby loved it and he doesn't have to eat them LOL I use agave syrup which is low carb and great for diabetics :) a little high but def worth it

So for those of you that know when we went to confirm the gender baby didn't show us anything. We've still been referring to him as a boy seeing as we're pretty sure we saw a penis on one of the scans.

Well today he was not afraid to show us as much as possible that he does indeed have a penis!
He is 3 lbs and going to be a tall boy. He's looking very healthy and doing great!

He is breech and in the exact same position my daughter was in for pretty much the entire pregnancy. I think I just grow comfortable kids. So I'll have another ultrasound in about 3 weeks and if he's still breech then I may just go for another c-section.
As long as I have a healthy baby at the end of this I will be happy. At least another c-section means I don't have to worry about rupture or having to drive 2.5 hours over a mountain pass (possibly in a snowstorm) in the middle of the night to have him.

We'll see what happens, he still has time to turn but if my daughter is anything to go by.. my boy likes to be just as comfortable as she did/does.

Attachments

• Oct21-29weeks-face.jpg
    Oct21-29weeks-face.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 8
Congrats, TR on the :blue: confirmation! Glad he's doing well in there. Beautiful pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->