January Jelly Beans 2014!

Is it considered full term in the U.S still?

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. I received my last progesterone injection, and the Strep B test. I'm 1 cm dilated and 50 % effaced. :D I don't really know what that means, haha.

My doc said 37 weeks is full term. It's why he didn't want me traveling anymore. I did get to my hometown today (85 miles away) and back for my grandmother's funeral which was good. My mucous discharge has increased and at times my BH are bordering on painful, so whether or not we're going back for Christmas will be up in the air until the time gets closer. I have another doc appt on Tues (Christmas eve). Last week he said that if I went into labor that day he certainly wouldn't try to stop the labor, but he said anytime after 37 weeks is ideal.
I know the doc isn't going to tell me I should go home for Christmas since he already said no last week, but I'll still be curious to see if she's dropped lower. DH and I both noticed today that she looks lower. I feel like my bump is between my legs when I sit. Only time will tell!
We did get groceries to make a nice Christmas eve and Christmas dinner in case we end up here on our own. At least it will be for a good reason.

Good luck Mel! Happy 37 weeks. Nice you have back up Christmas plans. Going to be lovely either way :) xx

Went to my friends wedding yesterday. It was a lovely day but I was exhausted. We came home at 6 before the night party got underway. Started getting all hot and uncomfortable on the seats. Paid for it this morning cos I couldn't breathe had a sore chest and had to get back into bed. Feel a bit better now. Hope everyone is having a good week end x

I think they've officially changed what they consider full term in the US to 39 weeks. Too many people were being induced early for non-medical reasons, so they changed it.

I think they've officially changed what they consider full term in the US to 39 weeks. Too many people were being induced early for non-medical reasons, so they changed it.

Dang it! :nope: I was hoping I was 2 days away from full term. :lol:

I'm in WI and my doc said 37 weeks for full term, as does the pregnancy book from the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. I think they've stopped inducing before 39 weeks though (unless medically necessary obviously)

Question: are size 1 diapers the same as NB diapers? Or should I get NB too?

NB is smaller than size 1. I would at least get one pack of them just in case. :)

The following represent the four new definitions of ‘term’ deliveries:

Early Term: Between 37 weeks 0 days and 38 weeks 6 days

Full Term: Between 39 weeks 0 days and 40 weeks 6 days

Late Term: Between 41 weeks 0 days and 41 weeks 6 days

Postterm: Between 42 weeks 0 days and beyond

https://m.acog.org/About_ACOG/News_Room/News_Releases/2013/Ob-Gyns_Redefine_Meaning_of_Term_Pregnancy?IsMobileSet=true

I'm in WI and my doc said 37 weeks for full term, as does the pregnancy book from the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. I think they've stopped inducing before 39 weeks though (unless medically necessary obviously)

Yeah, they just recently changed the definition of it. They are calling 37 and 38 weeks early term and 39 full term. :shrug:

https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/25/health/term-pregnancy/

No worries!

I'm really glad I found that link. It says it's safest to deliver during the full term window. Right now my c-section is booked for the end of week 41 (vbac is still first preference) but 40+6 is end of full term. I have an appointment on Thursday so I'm going to get it bumped up a week.

Those new "terms" make sense.. :). Early term I guess means they're developed and ready but are better off staying put a little longer.

I've woken with a headache and stinking cold and feel icky. So much I want to get done today too...but I don't want to end up in bed all day Christmas Day :-/

Tinkerbellsie, hope you feel better

Had my scan appt today. Baby is cephalic and is 6 lbs 7oz :happydance: Doctor's appointment was also today. She was happy with how baby and I were looking. :) My internal examination is scheduled for January 6 at 39weeks

Great news Desp (what does cephalic mean? :wacko:)

OMG I am done I am so tired :sleep: I have had a total of 14 hours since Thursday night of broken sleep and OMG since Saturday I have been so achy and in pain my pelvis, hips, lower back walking really is a struggle right now :(

Sorry for the moan ladies :hugs:

Great news Desp (what does cephalic mean? :wacko:)

OMG I am done I am so tired :sleep: I have had a total of 14 hours since Thursday night of broken sleep and OMG since Saturday I have been so achy and in pain my pelvis, hips, lower back walking really is a struggle right now :(

Sorry for the moan ladies :hugs:

I'm pretty sure it means head down. I had an appointment this morning too and that's also in my notes. Been discharged at hospital back to midwife led care and been booked in to give birth at the midwife led unit and to arrange induction at 40+12 if I get that far,which I hope I don't!

My ds is poorly today. He was up most of the night being sick. My poor little cherub,he's really washed out today and exhausted. Just hope it's gone in time for Christmas Day. X

P.s sorry you feel rubbish Twag. I am really story struggling with sleep too. I'm starting to find if I sit for too long it makes my pelvic bone ache like mad when I get up. My hips give me so much grief at night. X

Twag, yes Cephalic means head down :) Sorry you are suffering.

Del,hope DS feels better :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"