January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congrats Ameli!

Good luck Goldstns!

AFM 39 weeks today. Had a lot of pain around 12:30 last night. Woke up with really bad menstrual type cramps, but I got out of bed, peed and walked around for a couple minutes and it faded. A couple more contractions this morning, nothing as intense... was REALLY hoping today was the day, it would work out well for so many reasons, but that's selfish. Felicity has to be here soon right? Yesterday I had two different times I had thought my water broke, but it was just an increase in mucous. Still nothing bloody, just sort of yellowish. DH went on errands with me yesterday for about 3 hours and walked around the mall for no other reason other than to walk (too cold outside here). He then got a work out ball out from the basement and blew it up. I bounced on that for about 2 hours last night too. Still drinking my raspberry leaf tea, at least 48 ounces a day. We're ready for you baby!

Congratulations ameli! She is lovely :thumbup:

I'm fed up of being pregnant too but would like him to stay put a bit longer cos my ds starts nursery tomorrow so want to be able to get him settled.

I would like to ask others here with children already, are you planning breastfeeding? I am but after seeing my sister with her dd she can't get anything done as she wants to nurse all the time, sometimes for over an hr and I'm seriously concerned that I won't have that kind of time esp now my ds is gonna be at nursery and need dropping off and picking up. :wacko: trying not to stress bout it but I'm feeling anxious now the time is so near!

@Del, I don't have kids already, but am very much planning to BF. I've read a couple books that talk about the time it takes early on and how it changes as baby hits 3-4 weeks and then 6 weeks. It's made me feel a lot more confident that I can do this even though I'm planning to work from home early on and head back starting at 6 weeks. It does really help that I'm a neuroendocrinologist and my co-workers would very much support me if I need more time as BFing is something that is of high consideration in our world.

Delamere19, I am very much hoping to breastfeed this little man. I have breastfed DS1 until I found out I was pregnant with number 2 last May. Yes, it may be time consuming, but I am sure you can work your way around it. I know quite a few mums who BF their 2nd babies. Try not to worry too much, I have also heard that with your 1st you fit your life around them, any subsequent babies fit into your life. So I am sure things will work for you.

If you are worried about BF'ing in public or when out and about, you could always express and feed some expressed milk from the bottle, e.g. when in the car or at DS1's nursery.

Everything is getting so exciting around here. I keep checking in to see all the updates and I love it!

Ameli, congrats...She is a beauty and I love her name!

Goldstns, good luck and I'll keep checking back!

Afm, not much to report. I thought my contractions were getting stronger last night but not much today. That's okay, though because there is light at the end of the tunnel. I go in Wed at 7am to be induced. I would love to go into labor naturally, but at this point I'm just ready to get her out! Lol

My little boy was born yesterday at 10:44am after 3 hours of labor! He was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches. I successfully had an all natural VBAC! :)

He is absolutely precious. :cloud9:

Congrats srrme! 3 hrs wow! Is that from first contraction? X

Congrats srrme! 3 hrs wow! Is that from first contraction? X

Thank you!

Yep! I woke up at 7:45am and began having them, by 9:00am I was 8cm dilated and he was born at 10:44am.

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy, srme.

Can't wait to see some pics and great to hear such a positive birth story. :thumbup:

Just dropping in to say good luck with all your LO's. Can't wait to see pics. :)

Baby Alia is here. 7 lbs 7 oz 20". I'll post pics later. Came at 1254pm MST. We r healthy.

Congrats srrme and goldstns!!! :happydance:

Del, I plan on BFing this time also. I see BFing as potentially being easier because I can put ds2 in a sling/carrier and nurse him that way when he wants to cluster feed. At least that way I'll have my hands free, whereas I'd only have one hand if I bottlefed. I imagine it will take some getting used to but I didn't meet my one year goal with ds1 and would really like to this time.

Congrats Srrme and Goldstns!! Can't wait for pics!

goldstns, congratulations and welcome to the world, Baby Alia. Can't wait to see some pics.

We need some squishy newborn pics on here to get the ones still in our bellies moving... :winkwink:

I am 38+4 weeks today, which means I am officially more pregnant than I have ever been before... DS1 arrived at 38+3... :coffee:

Congratulations srrme and Goldstns !!!

Can't wait to see pics of your little ones!!

Em xxx

Congratulations ladies!!

( when will it be my turn :hissy: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back