January Jelly Beans 2014!

-45F here with the windchill. A friend from my prenatal class who's due the same day as me was saying that she hopes baby doesn't decide that it's nice to come in this weather. Wouldn't bother me in the least! From house to car to hospital parking to room, I think it would be just fine! Our garage is well-insulated (thanks to DH) and was 23F this morning, so the cars are running fine.
Pretty much every night when I wake up my bump hurts like menstrual cramps, maybe just because I'm on my side for a long time and it's heavy, or maybe my BH just like to cluster at night. DH went to work (only a few miles away), and I'm home again... waiting on my boss's feedback to be able to continue my current project, so banana muffins, a killer roast that I've made once before (https://www.today.com/id/50011836/n...comfort-make-one-dish-pot-roast/#.UsmkNfbEnO1) and finishing knitting a little chipmunk toy for Felicity. Trying to keep myself distracted while I anxiously wait!

Congrats to the ladies who've delivered :) can't wait for pics

Mild/moderate contractions began at midnight lasting about 20-30 seconds and occurring 2-3 times an hour. Hoping this is the start!

Congratulations goldstns! :happydance:

Isn't it exciting seeing birth announcements. I'm not due til end of the month but it will soon be here!

Hukanumata hope this is it. How exciting!

Wow, I stay off here for a few days and all these babies are born! :haha: Congrats to Ameli, goldstns, and srrme!!

Good Luck again, Hakuna. I hope this is it for you and you get your VBAC! :hugs:

All these babies coming is making me jealous I don't have mine yet. :winkwink: But I haven't had any signs yet and I'm 39 weeks today. :happydance: This little guy is welcome to come any time now. But I haven't even felt any BH, no lost plug or anything. I got my cervix checked last Thursday again and still no progress there. I think this little guy is nice and snug where he is. :dohh: And he really enjoys being in my ribs. LOL Hopefully he'll decide to make his appearance soon. I had a similar experience with my older son - no signs until the day i went into labor so I'm just assuming this one will be the same. Come on little guy! :thumbup:

Hakuna good luck!

I'm getting really impatient since what I was told as my show last Wednesday especially as I keep getting cramps but nothing is happening. I just want baby here so I haven't got to stress about hubby being too far away to get back (even though he was meant to be home based in January :-() xx

Thanks, ladies! Good luck everyone else still waiting! :cloud9:

Ameli- congrats, she is beautiful!

Goldstns- Woo hoo!! Congrats! Looking forward to a pic
Boozlebub- I go back and forth too! I am excited to meet him, but I panic every once in a while and think I’m not ready.
Delamere- I will be nursing again. I did with my first. I am concerned about my 2 year old feeling neglected while I am nursing, but I am sure it will work out. I was just remembering how long they took to nurse when they are new! I have forgotten how long it takes in the beginning.
Srrme- congrats on baby and getting a vbac 
Melann- We are experiencing the same cold. I want baby to stay in there! It’s supposed to be significantly warmer this weekend, so if he wants to come then, I would be happy with that 

hakunamatata- Good luck!! Hope it continues!

vtjess423- I hope things start up for you soon!

I had my 37 week appointment today. I am at a 2 now! Up from ½ last week. I know it doesn’t mean a ton, but the uncertainty is killing me! I am not the best at surprises!

For all of us ladies experiencing this lovely cold snap :haha:

578719_817900694903519_2002845117_n.jpg

It's 2am in the UK and I've been up peeing all night and having cramps. Had a tinge of pink on my tissue after I went to the loo before. I managed to sleep a little but my tummy feels sore after the cramps. Been feeling periody all day like I was going to come on. I never had any of these signs with my ds. Nothing at all. It's making me bit nervous. I know it could still be weeks yet but my sis had a tinge of pink and she had her baby 2 days later! Wasn't really expecting anything at 37+5.

So many things happening.

Congrats Nicki, Srme!! :thumbup:

Hakuna, Del.. fingers crossed for the 2 of u..

I'm trying to be patient but it's so damn hard when there are so many aches and pains going on in my body - heartburn/acid reflux, SPD, frequent urination at night, incontinence, constipation, etc... :brat: I'm disappointed that I didn't even get any BH yesterday :(

Feel exhausted this morning and still feeling the cramps and pressure. Got MW at 3.15 so she might be able to see what's happening if anything. Not feeling great if I'm honest it's very uncomfortable and fed up of feeling like I'm going to come on my period! Feel bit tearful this morning :cry:

Anyone else have anything happening today? X

Del, I know what you mean. I was up until 4am with regular (6 minutes apart) cramps that fizzled out into nothing. I feel your pain!

Hopefully, the blood is a good sign that maybe things are happening a little earlier for you this time.

Any other mummies finding this stage really painful? I've really worked on my abs since I was pregnant last time and I'm finding it really painful when baby kicks and stretches. Sometimes, it brings tears to my eyes. I don't remember this at all last time!

Del, I know what you mean. I was up until 4am with regular (6 minutes apart) cramps that fizzled out into nothing. I feel your pain!

Hopefully, the blood is a good sign that maybe things are happening a little earlier for you this time.

Any other mummies finding this stage really painful? I've really worked on my abs since I was pregnant last time and I'm finding it really painful when baby kicks and stretches. Sometimes, it brings tears to my eyes. I don't remember this at all last time!

At least I wasn't the only one awake all night! It's frustrating isn't it. Is your baby active? My baby moved loads when I was in bed. It's a strange experience seen as I had no signs last time. I've had a feeling I might go early this time for a while. I'm starting to find it more painful with movements but I think it's due to where he is and that he is bigger. He stuck an elbow or something out last night and it made me cringe and wince at once!

Del I had a similar night! Period pain like cramps all night, pain and pressure down below and this morning a bit of a bloody show! I finally have some signs of labour!! I know it could be days yet but I'm still excited :happydance:

Getting very jealous of all these labour signs ladies!!

39 weeks today and nothing!! Would like these BH to turn into something already!!

Em xxx

I am also jealous of these labour signs :dohh: I am on constant knicker/paper watch for any signs of my plug etc :dohh:

I feel the same way, Emily! 39+1 today and nothing. I haven't even had any BH that I'm aware of. :dohh: This part definitely sucks! I was feeling a bit crampy yesterday but it wasn't anything like contractions. Just a mild, constant period-like ache. But that's gone now and nothing else. I'd really like for this little guy to make an appearance soon! I'm just so uncomfortable. And much more so this pregnancy than with my older son. I'm attributing that to him being a good bit bigger than his older brother. I know my bump is a good big bigger than last time. I have my next OB appointment on Friday hopefully I'll have made some progress though I haven't in the past 3 weeks.

Anyway, I got a call from my Team Lead last night while I was about to go to bed. Him and my boss were talking and wanted to offer to let me work from home today because of the weather. It's extremely cold today (much more than usual for this area) but that's about it so that surprised me. But I figured since they were offering, I was going to take them up on it! LOL So I did go out this morning to take my son to day care and it was VERY cold but I'm sure I would have been fine going in (He said something about my "delicate condition." *rolling my eyes*). But hey they offered and this way I can save gas. :thumbup: So I'm working from home today and I'm hoping I can get some things done around here as well between work tasks.

Good Luck to everyone! I hope all of these labor signs turn in to something for everyone! :flower:

I thought I was having the "clear out" yesterday but nothing seems to have happened :(

I want to meet my baby!!!!

Em xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"