• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congrats Emily! Nice short labour.

So, I'm starting to feel I'll be the last pregnant woman in this thread :haha:
Major discomfort everywhere, it's a torment just to move in the bed. I needed DH help to switch positions while lying down. To make matters worse, we're experiencing sweltering heat wave in this part of the planet. Last night, I slept less than 2 hours. I was groggy and in bed the whole day but can't sleep a wink since the antiquated AC in this room is no match for the summer heat outside.

I'm 41+1 I am literally the last one pregnant he is not coming out at all.

I don't think this baby is planning on coming out anytime soon I think he will end up being a Feb baby :(

:wacko:

I don't think this baby is planning on coming out anytime soon I think he will end up being a Feb baby :(

:wacko:

That's what I keep thinking too. Don't really want to be induced like last time. Had a bit if a traumatic time last time so I'm hoping for a lot easier if possible this time. Just been feeding my 18 day old niece and it was so nice. You really do forget how small they are :cloud9:

Eeeek just noticed that tomorrow I'll be in single figures!

Im sorry ladies Ive just looked back through and it seems i have forgot to post in here about Annabelle being born :(

Annabelle Valerie Hope was born on 1/1/14 at 10:10am weighing 7lb 2 1/2 oz

I was admitted to hospital on the 30th due to high blood pressure which stayed high (Had pre-eclampsia) so on the 31st (my birthday) they decided to induce asap and put me on BP tablets to help bring it down. 10pm I was put onto the induction ward to be started off and baby was monitored for 2 hours and was told my cervix wasnt favourable and it would take some time to work so OH went home at 12am to get some sleep. Started getting regular/strong contractions around 4am but i just thought it was normal. 6:30am midwife came in to check bp give me my tablet and put me on the monitor again to see what was happening. Half hour later she came bk to look at reults. I was having contraction on top of contraction with very little gap inbetween. They had over stimulated me so they took the propress out examined me and i was only 2cms dilated. They told me i was going to L&D and to phone OH so i did. 7:30 they took me to L&D where they gave me pre meds and were talking about c-sec but doc decided to break my waters and see what happens. OH arrived at 8:25. Docs checked me again at 9am and i was still only 2cms dilated contractions had calmed down so when docs changed over they asked if i wanted epidural as it was going to take some time and i said no and they agreed they would check me over again at 12pm to see if i would want it then. 9:55 contrations started getting closer and very fast Annabelle's heart rate was dropping very low with each one. Midwife called for the doctor but ward was busy and at 10:05 i felt like i needed to poo and doc came in and saw the trouble with Annabelle's heart rate and could see that i was pushing. they suddenly couldnt pick her heart rate up anymore and doc agreed i needed to push shes distressed and we need to get her out now 4 pushes and she was out she didnt cry straight away as she was so shocked with everything happening so fast so they took her to stimulate her and give her a clean and then we heard her first cry it was amazing. they brought her over to me and she went on the breast straight away (have had some trouble since tho) I had a second degree tear so the doc came in to sort it out. She injected local anestetic to the area but instead of giving it a few minutes for it to work she started stitching straight away and i could feel it all and it wasnt very nice so glad i had the gas and air to suck on as it was very unplesant. I was so glad when it was all over and we could just enjoy our time with our little girl. She was so worth the pain though.

So sorry its late really thought i posted everywhere i needed too :/

First pic is Annabelle on the day she was born and 2nd is Annabelle with her very proud dad on the 7th :)

Attachments

• Photo1599.jpg
    Photo1599.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P1000647.jpg
    P1000647.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 5
Congrats Em, she's absolutely gorgeous and I too love the name!

Sorry to you ladies who are painfully anxious and not due for a couple weeks. DH and I are hiding from everyone since the due date was yesterday and everyone is hounding us. Makes it very hard to try to distract myself. I've given up on her coming anytime soon. Instead I'm just hoping for progress at my appt on Wed since last Wed I was 0cm. If I do have to be induced, I'd at least like my cervix to be favorable. Have tried walking, sex (just once), lots of RLT, acupressure, cleaning pretty hard core, bouncing on the fitness ball, and hot curry. Meeting with my lab remotely this morning, which should at least take an hour of my time. C'mon babies!

Congrats Em! Awesome on the fast birth.

I know I could have a couple of weeks to go. I just wish all this pain and cramping would go away if he's not going to come! I still feel like he could come any time. Anxious for my appointment this afternoon!

Just had my appointment. Numbers haven't changed. She just said he was slightly more dilated, lower and cervix softer. So slow progress. She probably just told me that to make me feel better :p Midwife is on call wed-sat this week. I'd LOVE for her to be at the birth, so I am crossing my fingers for later this week.

Hi ladies,
Just a curiosity...
I was very nauseous yesterday and even got slightly sick while napping. I ate bland foods and the only time I didn't feel sick is while I was eating.
Felt fine this morning, but after lunch (which I kept VERY bland) I laid down (about an hour after eating) again and within 20 minutes I was up with puke in my throat (and that's sleeping quite propped up). It's been 2 more hours and I still feel just sick. I munched on some whole grain cereal and that's the only time I feel fine. I obviously shouldn't just keep eating non-stop, but I feel so sicky!
I was working remotely with my boss today and she said she was very nauseous when she went into labor and each contraction caused her to dry heave. Does not sound pleasant, but if the nausea means labor is coming, I won't worry about it. Any ideas? I don't have diarrhea, but have gone #2 3 times today, which is weird. Baby is moving as normal, although movements are muted a bit as she can't have much room in there!

melann- In my experience, I didn't have nausea until after contractions started, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not an expert ;) I find that I get nauseous lately if I eat too much and then sleep shortly after. It seems better for me to not have anything for a while before I nap and I do better. I know you waited an hour, but maybe wait longer? Or snack more and have less meals? Are you taking anything for heartburn? Zantac before sleeping might help with the acid. Hope it gets better!

@Acorn, I chew tums when I wake up with the acid. I have been snacking on bland things throughout the day. For lunch I had half a baked potato (no sour cream) and some squash and some milk. Yesterday it had been hours since I'd eaten and I still had the problem. It's the fact that it's not going away now and I've been up for 2.5 hours that has me thinking it's more than just laying down. Should be thinking about making supper for me and DH, but I have fish thawed, and the idea of cooking it is revolting right now :)
My belly has been contracted most of the day I feel like. Sometimes it hurts, most of the time it's just rock hard. Menstrual cramps continue as well, but I guess I'm just hoping that some little part of this is productive.

Urgh feel awful today. Was awake again trying to get comfy and then early this morning I had the worst pain in my bump at the bottom. Lasted bout half an hour and was like one long bad period pain. Got awful headache and just feel bleugh today xx

I feel horrible. Just came back from the docs. From Station 3/5 at 36 weeks, I'm only 2/5 today. That's exactly 2 weeks after. Boo for such slow progress! What's worse is I tested positive for that Strep-B thingy. Totally crushed me. I don't think I'll ever be able to have that all-natural birth after all. I was literally crying all the way home till now. I feel such a failure. With my luck, I'll probably end up labouring for days only to have an emergency C-section in the end. Somehow, I'm tempted to just opt for the elective C-section and this agony now.
Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer, feeling so crappy!

:hugs: Dela

:hugs: Lian - 2/5 is good it is progress at least :thumbup: I was 4/5 at 32 week, 4/5 at 34 week and my 38 week appointment still 4/5 - that is depressing :dohh:
Sorry about the Strep B thing :hugs: i hope it doesn't stop you having the natural birth you are after :hugs:

Lian, I'm Strep B + too, doc promised that even though I'll need antibiotics every four hours during labor, that I won't be strapped to an IV. He said that they will just use a cannula and can administer the dose in about 15 minutes every four hours.

Feeling more cramps this morning. Had some contractions all the way to the bottom of my bump last night, but those fizzled out. Weather advisory here today due to snow, so maybe baby will decide that's just the challenge she needed! A 1-14-14 birthday would be fun.

Just a quick one as I am very, very tired. Our little man was born yesterday morning at 1.49am after only 2 hours of active labour weighing 9lbs 4oz. We are already home, but need some rest and sleep, so more info within the next few days.

Lots of labour dust to everyone still waiting....

Congratulations Piperette - wow that was quick :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"