January Jelly Beans 2014!

Sorsha - I didn't ever hear back from the midwives either :( I'm in Alberta and it's SO hard to get one. Very disappointing. Hope you hear back soon.

Hello!! Im pregnant with #4 and due Jan 30th!!

Welcome SBinRI and Munchkin.

Welsh- that Midwife unit sounds awesome
Live- I'm so happy that you got to see your little one. That ultrasound is a beauty :thumbup:.

AFM- I have an early ultrasound tomorrow afternoon. Please pray for me everyone. We are hoping to see the gestational sac at least since it's still so early.

We told both set of our parents. 1 friend that I work out with and would notice that I stopped playing lacrosse. And my boss and supervisor because I work with some nasty chemicals and requested not to work with them until after the baby is born because they can effect fetal development.

Hello Ladies

Can I nervously join? I found out on the 5th May Im pregnant with my first :) and im due 9th on January (i know it could change). Im very nervous as ive had 2 early MCs before so im booked in for an early scan tomorrow morning at 10am and dreading it incase something is wrong but really hoping eveything is fine and i get to see a little heartbeat. already booked in to see midwife on 5th June if everything goes well tomorrow

Congrats to you all and hope you all have a happy and healty 9 months x

That's wonderful news Live!

Welcome new girls :hugs:

We've told quite a few people, he phoned his parents right away and I told my mom the next day (she was in Mexico and was hard to get a hold of).

Sorsha - I didn't ever hear back from the midwives either :( I'm in Alberta and it's SO hard to get one. Very disappointing. Hope you hear back soon.

Thanks! I wasn't expecting it to be quite this hard. Last year when I was first pregnant, I heard all these horror stories about how hard it was to get a midwife, so applied at six different places when I was four and a half weeks, and ended up being offered spots with all but one of them within a couple weeks! And then I felt bad telling four of them I didn't want them after all. :blush: So I figured that contacting my previous clinic at less than four weeks, I shouldn't have any problem. I did do intake with three other clinics last week just in case... I won't be horribly sad going with my GP, because he specializes in pregnancy and childbirth and I know he'd look after me well; I just really would like a home birth if possible.

You might still get in, though, if you're on waiting lists! As sad as it is, there are those pregnancies that end during the first trimester... Someone must have been very happy to get a spot when I had to leave care last time.

a big hello to the new ladies! :wave: xx

Good luck with your scan tomorrow wrightywales! Xxx

Thanks! I wasn't expecting it to be quite this hard. Last year when I was first pregnant, I heard all these horror stories about how hard it was to get a midwife, so applied at six different places when I was four and a half weeks, and ended up being offered spots with all but one of them within a couple weeks! And then I felt bad telling four of them I didn't want them after all. :blush: So I figured that contacting my previous clinic at less than four weeks, I shouldn't have any problem. I did do intake with three other clinics last week just in case... I won't be horribly sad going with my GP, because he specializes in pregnancy and childbirth and I know he'd look after me well; I just really would like a home birth if possible.

You might still get in, though, if you're on waiting lists! As sad as it is, there are those pregnancies that end during the first trimester... Someone must have been very happy to get a spot when I had to leave care last time.

I'm hopeful I'll still hear back. My GP's office is really good too. I will be followed by my regular GP until 30 weeks and then transferred to a team of 2 that specialize in pregnancy and childbirth as well! It's all in the same office which is 5 minutes from me so I can't really complain too much. They covered me with my son and it was all good! I'd just love to have the support and aftercare of a midwife. We'll see!! Good luck to you! Hope you get to have your home birth :flower:

Hello Ladies

Can I nervously join? I found out on the 5th May Im pregnant with my first :) and im due 9th on January (i know it could change). Im very nervous as ive had 2 early MCs before so im booked in for an early scan tomorrow morning at 10am and dreading it incase something is wrong but really hoping eveything is fine and i get to see a little heartbeat. already booked in to see midwife on 5th June if everything goes well tomorrow

Congrats to you all and hope you all have a happy and healty 9 months x

Hello!! Im pregnant with #4 and due Jan 30th!!

Can I join? I'm due with no2 on the 22nd x

Hello and welcome ladies :flower:

Welcome to all the new ladies! Congrats on the scan live!

We have told my brother and sister in law (on accident), and I am pretty sure my mom has figured it out. We don't plan to tell any one until the 2nd tri, but I am trying to convince dh to do it on fathers day. We will be 10 weeks by then, so its not too far off. We will probably wait a bit longer to tell friends, but it depends on when I start to show.

Welcome to all the new BFPs!! :) I wish you all Happy & Health 9 months!

So Im curious how everyone told family, if there was something special you all did??
The first time, Hubby and I were in town visiting my family for the long weekend and my moms birthday. Since it was an easy way to give a gift to her without her being suspicious, I gave her a gift bag with four framed photos. We have three big dogs that have always been an important part of our family, so I printed a photo of each of them and stacked them in the bag. The last frame was my 8 week scan photo.... My mom had taken all the dog photos out and said "Oh, theres one left, Must be the new cat??" We had just picked up a new kitten for out barn. lol:dohh:

This time I would like to print out our first sons birth announcement cards (Which were lost in the mail for two months when they shipped from the company I ordered them from, so we didnt even bother giving them out) and in my sister and my cousin's envelopes I was thinking of tucking a 'save the date' card for the new babies due date with a scan picture. My sister and my cousin will be the ones we are inviting to attend the birth. My cousin was there last time as my support person and my sister will be invited this time. I didnt want her there last time because I was unsure how labor would go and shes younger then I am with no children, so I didnt want to scare her. She was pretty hurt that she wasnt allowed to attend my first delivery so I know this will be special for her.

Hey! I got my BFP today, EDD 31st January :D This is my first pregnancy so very nervous.

Aloha! I am due January 7 with twins. I also sent a private message, but I would like to be part of the group. I'm very glad it's kept private on Facebook, as we haven't told the world yet ;-) To the creator of the group, I used to live in New England too, just outside of Boston. Lovely place just got sick of the snow

Medic

When we tell my parents and sisters, Ive printed off a picture of my baby nephew who was born last month and put a speech bubble on it saying " I'm getting a cousin!"

See how long it will take then to figure it out

xx

Medic thats so cute! Love both ideas. We haven't decided yet how to tell people but I'd like to involve our 15 month old son somehow. My parents live far away and we skype often, so I was thinking of either having him hold up an ultrasound pic to show them or maybe wear a tshirt and see how long it takes for them to see it.

Cute ideas!! We were going to do a photoshoot, and my youngest (16 months) was going to hold a sign saying "I'm going to be a big brother..." and my oldest (2y/o) was going to be holding a sign saying the due date and in the middle of them would be hanging the ultrasound pictures <--- it was going to be something like that.

Everyone found out before doing so, and we were going to wait 10 weeks but the hospital made a mistake and told me that I had miscarried (no bleeding/cramping) and I got my ultrasound this week that showed everything perfect, heartbeat and my hCG levels have been rising each week (5 weeks now), plus I have a very noticeable bump and I was flat when I got pregnant, there is no hiding or wondering if I'm pregnant. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->