January Jelly Beans 2014!

Had my first scan today. Everything looked great. 102 heartbeat. My peanut got its first picture taken! I have an apt in 1.5 weeks to make sure the progress looks good on the scan. YAY!

For the record, I started my first pregnancy a size 14/16 and ended it a 12 so you may well get thinner.

Wow, ok. Nice. So it isn't a given that I will gain.

I did go ahead and I bought two dresses with room to grow. I am thinking I will try them on with a pillow or something before deciding whether to keep them, and then take them in myself last minute everywhere but the bump.

I am going to be nine months at my wedding! So everything's going to get so crazy leading up to that point, it'd be great to have a few things on standby that I can look good in for the fancy dinner and that kind of thing so I dont totally freak out leading up to the big BIG day.

Wedding: January 18
Estimated due date: January 27

:) We've been trying hard so it is a dream come true for sure. Planning formal wear is tricky though. LOL Cause the thing too is that when you wear a plus size, they dont even make the cute maternity dresses in your size anyway! Target makes a few but that's not really what's called for for xmas and the rehearsal dinner. They have so few choices. -So I'm doing my best with the guesses in hopes of least one that could work when the time comes.

Congrats to all the ladies piling in who have seen their little ones already and have good news <3

On the hair dying, let your hairdresser know the situation for sure. I think there are some dyes that are safer than others and you might want to stay away from bleach just to be extra safe. I wouldnt do any kerotin treatments or anything that require the blow drying. I tend to be on the apranoid.careful side when it comes to chemicals though. My mom is a hairdresser and I think she'd say totally go for it with the gentler dyes.

Had my first scan today. Everything looked great. 102 heartbeat. My peanut got its first picture taken! I have an apt in 1.5 weeks to make sure the progress looks good on the scan. YAY!

you already heard the heartbeat? I am 5w4d and I was told I couldn't hear the heartbeat until next Thursday

Pnut- Ya I heard it. However the nurse was surprised too because it was so early. She said these few days it just starts to beat where you can hear it. So before they started the U/S they wormed me not to get worried if we didn't find it. The trick my u/s nurse did was had me hold my breath every so often so my breathing didn't effect it. It was a beautiful thing!

horsey- I can't believe you are having your wedding just days before your edd. My mom told me today that both me and my bro were born a week early so to be prepared if that happens. I would be nervous with the dates so close. Are you ok with it so close? Are you thinking about moving your wedding date?

I can't move it so as long as I make it to the church we're golden. We set the date a whole year early after a long engagement. We've been trying to have a baby for so long. I'm 35 with 2 losses so this is a huge blessing. I am praying for a healthy baby and will make the rest work.

I am jealous! The ultrasound I got was about 2 minutes long and I just got to see the flicker in the baby, not hear it! :(

I am jealous! The ultrasound I got was about 2 minutes long and I just got to see the flicker in the baby, not hear it! :(

Sad! At almost 8 weeks you should have defiantly been able to hear it. My doc usually does it a 7 weeks. I am going back in 1.5 weeks to check it out again when I am 7 weeks because they didn't believe me that since I o-ed late I wasn't as far along as they thought by going with LMP.

hakunamatata- could you by chance change my edd (on first page) to Jan 18th. My Doc just gave me that date. And for me that is a very meaningful day, so I am going to stick to that day. THANKS!

Sad! At almost 8 weeks you should have defiantly been able to hear it. My doc usually does it a 7 weeks. I am going back in 1.5 weeks to check it out again when I am 7 weeks because they didn't believe me that since I o-ed late I wasn't as far along as they thought by going with LMP.

No, he just showed it to me, he didn't put the little scan on it were you can see and hear it. Hopefully I get an ultrasound at 12 weeks to hear it :)

hakunamatata- could you by chance change my edd (on first page) to Jan 18th. My Doc just gave me that date. And for me that is a very meaningful day, so I am going to stick to that day. THANKS!

YEA!! Im due a day later then you!!

I didn't get the invite to the Facebook group - did you just add me as a friend? There is a name that I don't recognize

I'm 5wk1day today.
Due date could be Jan 23.

Still very, very cautiously pregnant. Scared for every twitch and cramp.

Love your scan pic P nut&#8230; I'm tempted to pay to get one done privately just to ease my mind. Next bloods are done on Monday

For the record, I started my first pregnancy a size 14/16 and ended it a 12 so you may well get thinner.

Wow, ok. Nice. So it isn't a given that I will gain.

I did go ahead and I bought two dresses with room to grow. I am thinking I will try them on with a pillow or something before deciding whether to keep them, and then take them in myself last minute everywhere but the bump.

I am going to be nine months at my wedding! So everything's going to get so crazy leading up to that point, it'd be great to have a few things on standby that I can look good in for the fancy dinner and that kind of thing so I dont totally freak out leading up to the big BIG day.

Wedding: January 18
Estimated due date: January 27

:) We've been trying hard so it is a dream come true for sure. Planning formal wear is tricky though. LOL Cause the thing too is that when you wear a plus size, they dont even make the cute maternity dresses in your size anyway! Target makes a few but that's not really what's called for for xmas and the rehearsal dinner. They have so few choices. -So I'm doing my best with the guesses in hopes of least one that could work when the time comes.

Congrats to all the ladies piling in who have seen their little ones already and have good news <3

On the hair dying, let your hairdresser know the situation for sure. I think there are some dyes that are safer than others and you might want to stay away from bleach just to be extra safe. I wouldnt do any kerotin treatments or anything that require the blow drying. I tend to be on the apranoid.careful side when it comes to chemicals though. My mom is a hairdresser and I think she'd say totally go for it with the gentler dyes.

HI Horsey,

Just a quick guide to MAT wear outlets in the US. I'm in the UK so have no idea if any of these are any good but might be worth checking out. The woman seems to be talking some sense!

https://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-find-plus-size-maternity-wear_1504869.bc

Hi everyone :flower:

I think I'm due on the 22nd of January but will know for sure after I have a dating scan.

Lucy - glad to hear your scan went well!! Sure I read it properly this time!!

Em xxx

Sorry Ive not been keeping up well, Ive not been well at all :cry: but read lots of good news on early scans and heartbeats and raisings BETAs so :thumbup: great news ladies!!! Congratulations on the new BFPs :happydance:

Will try and keep up more but in all honesty I spend most of the day and night fast asleep :wacko: Got to stay awake today though as OH is working :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->