January Jelly Beans 2014!

Oooh Hak I see its your little girls 1st birthday this week coming :cloud9: Have you made any plans?? We went back to the place George celebrated his Christening for his 1st, with the same family and friends and some buffet food and the sun shone all day it was stunning!! They had a little park outside so the older kids spent much of their time amusing themselves lol xxxx

That sounds nice!

We are having a BBQ here at our house next weekend. Hoping for nice weather. It's set for the 8th but I did mention the 9th as a rain date just in case. DH's grandma and aunt are flying up from Florida, so it'll be nice to see them. I got a bunch of Lion King decorations. I have a helium machine for the balloons too, never used one before, hopefully DH has a clue :haha:

Awww thats how we celebrated DS1s birthday!!! I really hope the sun shines for you, it shouldnt be questionable in June no :dohh: Im so lucky Joshua has always had sun on his birthday, never a drop of rain so as he's gotten older we've hired the local community centre and put bouncy castles outside and kept his whole class amused for hours :haha: Apparently he is too big for that now :rofl: so hopefully it never rains on Georges birthday too so I can still get my annual fix :rofl:

Bouncy castles sound like fun!

I just realized that I could check the extended forecast, and the good news is that for June 8th they're predicting high 70's and only a 10% chance of rain :thumbup:

We recently had a tornado warning so the weather can be kind of nuts from time to time.

We had an earthquake the other night! Now that is nuts lol I can imagine living in a Tornado path :wacko:

Im glad the weather is looking promising, look forward to photos and updates?? Do you do that cake smashing thing??

I've heard of a cake for the baby to smash. Not sure if we are doing it. I think we are getting an ice cream cake so she's welcome to destroy her piece :haha: Definitely will have pics.

Yikes an earthquake? I hate crazy weather and natural disasters.

I think only garden furniture fell victim to our quake, though crazy to have one in Wales :haha:

I had never heard of the cake smashing thing until I had George and all his American buddies on here did it :haha: Ice cream cake sounds fab!!

I think only garden furniture fell victim to our quake, though crazy to have one in Wales :haha:

I had never heard of the cake smashing thing until I had George and all his American buddies on here did it :haha: Ice cream cake sounds fab!!

I'm so glad you've said Wales, I was trying to figure out where your home town is cos I wasn't sure you were in the UK. I'm blaming baby brain :haha:

:rofl: My home town is Bury, just north of Manchester, but very much settled here in the North Wales, right at the top with amazing views of castles, mountains, the straits... stunning :winkwink:

:rofl: My home town is Bury, just north of Manchester, but very much settled here in the North Wales, right at the top with amazing views of castles, mountains, the straits... stunning :winkwink:

Ah okay, Manchester way I know cos that's not too far from me haha. I'd love to live somewhere with nice views, jealous :p

I just up'd and moved here one day, just me and my 3yr old munchkin!!! Best thing I ever did. I knew no one, had no job to come to pmsl but within weeks I had work, Joshua started preschool, I got to know the mums and now I have a fab connection of friends and the boys have an amazing life, and I met my soul mate after living here just over 3yrs, so awesome :cloud9:

I need some advice...I'll be honest... I am supper worried! My symptoms have subsided. no bleeding, no pains. But my boobs used to feel like they are on fire, well now they just hurt. I used to need a nap EVERY day, an I haven't taken a nap in like 4 days. I was having waves of nausea, and now its just sometimes. So lets just say I'm a bit nervous. I told DH and he said don't worry, if something was wrong it would be VERY obvious ( I think he means pain/bleeding). However I don't think that is always true, but not sure and don't want to look it up with Dr. Google! My next apt and scan is Tuesday. Part of me wants to call the doc today and part of me says stop worrying and you'll hear a nice strong heart beat on Tuesday.

Symptoms do come and go. With my DD I'd feel fine some days and terrible on others. I'm not sure why it happens but it is quite common. Just try and be glad that today you're not feeling too bad and look forward to hearing your beans heartbeat on Tuesday :)

Exactly what she said ^^^ :hugs:

The hormones do this crazy rise at first and then start slowing down and as they steady themselves your body learns to adapt so it settles the symptoms. You'll still have some rise so symptoms will no doubt come back (though not always they do settle for some women nice and early). Tuesday I am sure will go great, enjoy feeling ok while you can :hugs:

No need to worry! Like the other girls said the symptoms will come and go. Mine have lessened considerably just in the last few days as well :)

As for the cake smashing thing, we did an ice-cream cake as well but I had also made cupcakes and I just gave her one of those and she demolished it. :D

I have a 3hr karate class tonight... wish me luck :haha: Somehow I think Im going to need it! Grading in 3 weeks then I can tone it all down as Im not allowed to grade in my 2nd & 3rd trimester! :nope:

Think I will try more pineapple.. that stayed down this morning and any food has got to be better than no food lol

Having a really angry day. A shop assistant was rude to me and it was all I could do to keep myself from punching her. Seriously I was so mad I was shaking. I'm normally a calm person!

SMH must be the hormones, even my colleague was laughing lol

Sorry you are having such a rough day, starrlicious! I hope it gets better!! :thumbup:

For my son's first birthday, I had made cupcakes so he had his own special one and tore right into it! :) But yeah in my family the 1 year old usually gets their own little cake or cupcake to go to town with! :) It's just a fun little tradition!

I had my first OB appointment today. It wasn't anything special just weighed me and took my BP (which was great!). Then went over my family history and updated information since I had my son. (I've been bad and not been back in almost 2 years! :dohh:) Then I sat down with the doctor and she asked me more questions and we discussed my AF schedule. AF cycle for me is usually a bit longer than average (33-35ish days) so she thinks its possible that I'm a few days to a week off from my due date based off my LMP. She'll determine that once we get the dating scan, which I've scheduled for next week! :happydance: Hopefully all will go well and I'll get to see my little bean! :thumbup: She said if they date me around 5-7 January, she'll keep my date as is but if they date me closer to the 11th, she'll probably keep that date. So my due date may change!

After my scan on Monday, I go back on June 13th for my next visit as she'll be on vacation after that. She'll listen to the heartbeat and then do a lady check-up on me. :haha: So things are looking good so far! FX that everything stays that way!

I'm nervous too as my symptoms have waxed and waned over past few weeks, but I never felt normal. Yesterday and today I'm feeling pretty good- still sore boobies, and little pulls in uterus, but not as nauseous.. I'm thankful but forever nervous lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->