January Jelly Beans 2014!

Good luck Tezzy! Lovely scan TR!

Has anyone got any advice for the nausea? Mine is constant, especially when I wake up or before I go to sleep. Can't seem to find anything that helps! Still off work at the moment, but don't know how I'm gunna be able to go back to working until 8pm when i feel like this :(

Scan has just finished. My bean is there, well in placed. Heartbeat is at 112 bpm!!! However, sonographer noted that I'm actually several days earlier than expected, that is baby is measuring around 5w6d to 6w1d (and not 6w5d) which wasn't a big surprise to me considering I don't have the typical 28-day cycle.

I always thought that I would be emotional when I see the bean, but I wasn't. I was more bothered with the sonographer pressing hard on my ovaries that I was relieved when the scan finished. Of course, I was worried that he would see an empty sac or that he will see it on my tubes, so I was really trying to read his expression. Also, I was happy that he immediately found the bean abdominally as I heard early pregnancies sometimes require internal U/S. Baby is just above my pubic area hence whatever huge bump I have on my tummy is probably just my normal flab
____
Btw, my due date is changed to January 29.

It's nice to be back in the due in January thread. This is my 2nd pregnancy, my lb was born on the 13th Jan 2010 and this baby is due on the 14th January 2014. :)

Congrats everyone! X

:hi: eddjanuary10 and congrats. I remember you from the What Your Toddler is Wearing Today thread.

Lad to hear all the scans went well congrats ladies !!!

Lola - if you find anything let me know! I have to eat 2 rich tea biscuits before getting out if bed in the morning! I'm struggling to want to drink but eating fruit and ice pops helps a bit. 3.30pm until bed is the worst time by far I barely manage to eat anything for tea :( I've had this for 3 weeks now but the last couple of days have been the worst. I work 13hr shifts which is not fun!

Roll on 2nd trimester!!!

Em xxx

Congrats on the scans, everyone! I'm so hoping I'll be able to arrange my first within the next week.

Has anyone got any advice for the nausea? Mine is constant, especially when I wake up or before I go to sleep. Can't seem to find anything that helps! Still off work at the moment, but don't know how I'm gunna be able to go back to working until 8pm when i feel like this :(

I've been alternating between a few different solutions depending on what I'm doing and how I feel, but the most effective solution I've found is Sea Bands. They use accupressure to alleviate the nausea. If you get them in the right place in my experience it pretty much goes away completely (or at least fades a lot) within 10-15 minutes, and stays gone until you take them off. The only downsides are they're noticable if you're wearing short sleeves, and the pressure can start to feel a little uncomfortable on your wrists after a while.

Question for the group: Does anyone have travel (or some other event) arranged during the 1st trimester that they probably wouldn't have arranged if they'd known they were going to be pregnant? :dohh:

Back in April, my husband and I booked a two week trip to Japan, which is going to happen when I'm 10-12 weeks along. I just was feeling so frustrated with how difficult my cycles were being, I thought to heck with it, I need to stop holding off on things "just in case", and then of course the very next cycle we got the BFP. :haha: I still really want to go! And we'd probably lose a lot of money if we canceled the flights and accommodations we've already paid for. But at the same time I'm kind of dreading the 12 hour flights and the possibility that I'll be feeling too tired/queasy/whatever to actually do much sightseeing when we're there. Hoping that since it's the end of the 1st trimester, my symptoms will be milder, not worse!

And yay, I'm seven weeks now! :happydance:

Woohoo for all of the great scans!!

Sorsha- yay for 7 weeks! How's the spotting?

My next scan is in 9 days!

I do have travel planned, but it's a 4 day trip and only about a 3 hour trip each way. I'll be 11-12 weeks. It's a professional trip, so my only nerves are in regards to the fact that I'll be traveling by myself and won't really know anyone there. Usually not a big deal, but if I'm feeling awful I'd rather not have to be so self-sufficient :). We are also traveling when I'm about 16 weeks, but that's a driving trip. It'll be 17 hours in the car each way, but we're stopping overnight halfway through, so I think it'll be okay.

I have a scan in 3.5 hrs. Excited, but nervous. Just hopeful/praying for the biggest possible baby at this point. I know it's normal to have an US date you at 5 days plus or minus the expected based on LMP (obviously this rule goes out the window if you are irregular), last time I dated 9 days earlier than I was (and I know when I O'd). So even though there was a HB, the baby was gone the next day. Feeling much more + this time, but still. ..

Sorsha- yay for 7 weeks! How's the spotting?

Better, thankfully! :) None on the weekend and just a tiny bit of brown yesterday. I'm still eager to check in on things, but feel more positive--with my MMC the spotting never stopped after it started.

Good luck to all the girls having scans today and cograts to those that have already had them! I love seeing all the pics and updates for all the ladies on here. :)

As far as tips for nausea, my sister in law had an awful time with ms but found sucking on a Hershey kiss helped her a lot? I was going to try it if I started feeling nauseous because she said it was the only thing that helped her. She was on the anti nausea medicine as well and still had a really rough time with it.

As far as finding out the gender, there is a blood test that can tell you? I've never heard of that. Can someone elaborate on it? Is it expensive?

Lindsay I think it's the materniT21 test, from my understanding its checks for trisomy 21,18,13 they then also check the sex of the baby. I was told its 3 thousand but insurance and Medicaid pay for it they're doing that one on me and not the 12 weeks scan as of now things might change they can do the test as early as 10 weeks so maybe my next apt?

Lindsay I think it's the materniT21 test, from my understanding its checks for trisomy 21,18,13 they then also check the sex of the baby. I was told its 3 thousand but insurance and Medicaid pay for it they're doing that one on me and not the 12 weeks scan as of now things might change they can do the test as early as 10 weeks so maybe my next apt?

That's interesting. I have a 12 week scan and they will be checking for those trisomies, but they won't be telling me gender unfortunately. I should ask though!

Love all the good news from everyone's scans! :thumbup:

Oh ok, thanks Lucy! That might be the test that the nurse explained to me that was a little more accurate than the tests they do at the clinic for those things. I know I had two options, go to a larger hospital for testing or stick with the standard testing done in house which was considered 85% accurate. I didn't want to have to travel, but if insurance does pay for it, maybe I'll look into it.

:hi: eddjanuary10 and congrats. I remember you from the What Your Toddler is Wearing Today thread.

Tried to post this earlier but it wouldn't let me. Thank you & huge congrats to you too I see our due dates are close together, hope your well & enjoying pregnancy so far xx

I was wondering about what that test was myself. I've never heard of it before and my doctor never discussed that option with me. So far I've only had one round of blood work and then the scan I had yesterday. I know I'll have lots more blood work but I won't get another scan until 20 weeks. :( Maybe I'll have to ask her about that test at my next appointment on the 12th.

So good to hear such good news at all scans! Congrats to all!
No travelling planned for us as we had our holiday a few weeks ago and r moving house soon.
Hope u all r enjoying the gd weather!
Oh out tonigh so I've just gave dd her din, bathed her and now she's sleeping. Quite early but she was knackered as we were at beach today!
Now I'm going to get a shower,eat dinner in peace and watch crap tv! Perfect night in!
Hope everyone is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->