January Jelly Beans 2014!

Good luck to everyone having scans

I'm still suffering from all day ms. Hope next trimester is kinder!!

Em xxx

Hi all,

Having a bit of a freakout, hoping someone can offer reassurance or at last advise from experience. I just had my first scan. The good news is, the baby's big enough that the tech found it with the abdominal scan, though she did a transvaginal as well. So hopefully that means it's about the right size for my EDD.

The freakout part: I couldn't see an obvious heartbeat on the screen. At one point I thought maybe I saw a flicker but the tech kept freezing the image or moving it around; certainly it was nothing clear. The tech didn't say anything about it, but then she didn't say how many weeks I was measuring or anything either. There are signs up in the clinic all over saying how you're not supposed to ask the techs questions and they're not supposed to tell you anything, so I didn't want to ask... Now I have to wait for them to fax the report to my midwife, and then for the midwife to call me. I'm guessing I won't hear until tomorrow. :(

Does that sound at all normal to anyone? Is there much chance there was a heartbeat and it was just too fast or something for me to see it in the brief moments on the screen?

Sorsha, mine didn't tell me measurements or heart rate either. I did ask though. I would say you could still be early on the hb. Maybe call the mw tomorrow and ask if they have the results yet. That way you won't have to worry for too long.

I know here in the US they generally don't tell you anything. If there is something wrong or the spot something unusual they will usually call in the radiologist.

Okay, I feel a little more hopeful now after looking for videos on Youtube and finding this one of a woman exactly as far along as I think I am: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqASxE_9Eo What I saw looked basically exactly the same--possibly a flicker once or twice, but blink and you miss it, and the tech never held it in one place (without the screen frozen) very long. Maybe she didn't even try to measure the heartbeat? Which seems odd, but I really don't know at this point.

I don't think she would necessarily measure the heart rate. They never did for me in the past. Good luck xoxo

Scan went really good!! :happydance: :yipee::headspin:

It was too early to find the baby's heartbeat on the doppler so he "cheated" and did a quick scan!! Baby was dancing and moving until he started then all of a sudden stopped moving, stayed still but waved the whole time. I have a feeling that I'm going to have my hands full with this one :haha:

So happy and pleased :)

Attachments

• 947114_10200821776854140_209726609_n.jpg
    947114_10200821776854140_209726609_n.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 14
Hi girls,

Quick update from me, everything is fine *phew* baby measuring 8+2, ive got an area of seperation in the womb which caused the bleed.. its something to keep an eye on but all is well for now!

Hi girls,

Quick update from me, everything is fine *phew* baby measuring 8+2, ive got an area of seperation in the womb which caused the bleed.. its something to keep an eye on but all is well for now!

Woohoo! I'm sure everything is going to be fine from here on! :hugs:

Hi girls,

Glad everything is ok :happydance::happydance: x

Scan went really good!! :happydance: :yipee::headspin:

It was too early to find the baby's heartbeat on the doppler so he "cheated" and did a quick scan!! Baby was dancing and moving until he started then all of a sudden stopped moving, stayed still but waved the whole time. I have a feeling that I'm going to have my hands full with this one :haha:

So happy and pleased :)

cute pics xx :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm glad both your scans went well Radiance and Tezzy!! :) :thumbup:

And welcome, Mommy2beMsDM! And congratulations!

Nothing new on my end. I've had some odd pains the past few days but that's about it. They worry me a some but I'm just attributing them to growing and stretching of my uterus. I go back to see my OB tomorrow so I'll probably mention them just to see if I should be more concerned. She is also supposed to check for my beans heartbeat as well with a doppler. According to my u/s I'm only around 9+3 today so I'm thinking it's still a bit early to hear it via doppler but I'm going to hope for the best! And try not to worry if she can't find it tomorrow. :) That's easier said than done, but I'm going to try! I should also find out if she's going to officially change my due date from January 6th to January 11th (as dated via sonogram). :)

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just had my first mw appt :) woop!

shes lovely and best of all shes supportive of home births :happydance: so so happy today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->