January Jelly Beans 2014!

Told our family's yesterday, couldn't have gone better! We went to OHs family first and were expecting just his parents and brother but his grandparents and one of his aunts were there as well, they were so shocked but so happy! SIL lives in London so face timed her and she was so exited too! They were really great about it which made me so happy as I thought thy wouldn't be.

Told my parents next, my sister already knew. My parents acted exactly like I thought they would, dad cried for ages and mum was so happy, neither had a clue! Went to my grandparents and they were really happy too! So I was worrying about nothing!

Been feeling awful today, can't get the sickness to go even with my medication. Going back to the doctor tomorrow for different tablets. Think I'm going to ask for another week or two off work as well. I feel bad, mainly as work are making me feel really guilty, but just feel far too ill tobe there :(

Still only my parents, siblings and DH's parents know about this little one. I'll be telling my grandmother next before I let the rest of the family know. I'm not sure when I'll tell her. Since I've had a good u/s and my last doctors appointment went well, I'll probably tell her soon but I just haven't decided when yet. I'm still a little paranoid something could go wrong so I'm hesitant to tell anyone else! I may wait until my next doctors visit when I'll be able to hear the heartbeat and then break down and tell my grandmother. AFter that I'm thinking everyone else can wait until my 20 week u/s, like they did with my son. :) That's when I told the majority of my family and work last time. It worked well then and so I can't see anything wrong with doing it that way again! :thumbup:

I'm feeling pretty good pregancy symptom-wise. I haven't had too many symptoms to begin with and those that I did have have pretty much gone away. My boobs are still slightly sore and then and I'm still tired and I pee alot but that's about it! What's got me down is this darn cold! I'm hardly getting any sleep because I'm up coughing half the night (which is part of why I'm so tired all the time). My Dr Ok'd (on a sheet that OK's certain meds while pg) some cough syrup but its not really helping much and I'm only taking it at night because I just don't want to over do it on meds. I've also been taking some tylenol because I've had some body aches and pains along with the cold. Yuck! I'm hoping this goes away soon!! :dohh: I'd just really like to get a good nights sleep!

My god I am fed up of being sick and constantly feeling like I'm gonna be sick. Everything makes me feel nauseous :(

Plus I'm so tired all the time, I actually fell asleep on the couch earlier with Parker cuddled up next to me. Didn't mean to and was really surprised when I woke up. Roll on bed time tonight and second tri generally lol.

Glad it went well for all the ladies telling family! Such an exciting time for sure. :)

Sorry to those feeling sick, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Asm, I'm trying not to freak out but I got my Doppler in the mail on thursday and haven't been able to find the heartbeat. I'm 10 weeks today so I'm hoping I'm just early. I watched videos of girls finding the hb earlier than this but they are all very skinny. I carry my extra weight in my stomach so I have a little extra padding there so maybe that's affecting how early I can hear it as well? My last appointment was a few days shy of 8 week and we heard the hb through ultrasound but my dr hasn't used the Doppler on me. I'm hoping to give it a few more days and try again because I really don't want to worry myself over it. My husband is upset that I bought it because he's afraid it's going to worry me sick if I can't find it. :(

Glad it went well for all the ladies telling family! Such an exciting time for sure. :)

Sorry to those feeling sick, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Asm, I'm trying not to freak out but I got my Doppler in the mail on thursday and haven't been able to find the heartbeat. I'm 10 weeks today so I'm hoping I'm just early. I watched videos of girls finding the hb earlier than this but they are all very skinny. I carry my extra weight in my stomach so I have a little extra padding there so maybe that's affecting how early I can hear it as well? My last appointment was a few days shy of 8 week and we heard the hb through ultrasound but my dr hasn't used the Doppler on me. I'm hoping to give it a few more days and try again because I really don't want to worry myself over it. My husband is upset that I bought it because he's afraid it's going to worry me sick if I can't find it. :(

I wouldn't worry at all, you are still really early. My OB won't even use the doppler on you until you are at least 12 weeks.

i would take all of your MS if it meant I got a baby... Sorry, Struggling today... :cry:

So I'm wearing maternity shorts today. Anybody else? I know that all the extra on my belly is just bloat, which is sad, but my normal clothes just make me so uncomfortable. I haven't weighed myself for two weeks, at that point (8wk3days) I hadn't gained any weight...
I do very much feel that my uterus is moving though. When I crunch over I have A LOT of pressure down on the right between abdomen and thigh, which is where my implantation cramps happened. I keep finding myself stretching out in my office chair because otherwise I get sciatic type pain on that side. I have had random AF type cramps the whole time, but the last few days it's like legit pulling feelings, and when I stretch my abs feel like I did 50 crunches (which I guarantee I did not :haha:). Hoping to go for a walk on this beautiful day to loosen it up. Maybe after a nap :sleep:

Starting to post in 2nd trimester... anyone else?

My first ultrasound put me at 12 weeks, 1 day- the one I have now is 11 weeks 3 days.
Apparently on July 1st, they will give me a real due date- "that most likely will be 3/4 days on or off"

Anyways, we have seen the baby 3 times, the heartbeat twice and have had a good pregnancy- I don't see anything wrong with slowly heading over there :)

When do I start looking at child care? There are a few of them that have waiting lists...so not sure if I should look at them already or not.

Also, does anyone want to make me jealous and compere maternity leave for work? I am not sure what to do... my work offers me 3 weeks off a year... that's it! Therefore I can use all 3 of the weeks for maternity reasons, but then id have to do leave without pay.

When do I start looking at child care? There are a few of them that have waiting lists...so not sure if I should look at them already or not.

Also, does anyone want to make me jealous and compere maternity leave for work? I am not sure what to do... my work offers me 3 weeks off a year... that's it! Therefore I can use all 3 of the weeks for maternity reasons, but then id have to do leave without pay.

I think that's crazy, you need at least 6 weeks to heal. I had to do something similar like that with my work- and I need to go to the main district with a note from my OB giving all my delivering info and how long it would take to heal so I could leave.

I think that's crazy, you need at least 6 weeks to heal. I had to do something similar like that with my work- and I need to go to the main district with a note from my OB giving all my delivering info and how long it would take to heal so I could leave.

I think worse comes to worse I can get a few weeks of leave without pay. It will suck, but we saved up money for reasons like this. I am just one of those people that are frugal with my money... so it makes it hard to think about.

Here in Canada we get a bit of help from the government if you have been working before baby. I got 52 weeks of payments from the government with my first and since I'm only about 26 weeks into that and I'm 9 weeks pregnant I have to go back to work to accumulate 600 hours again before I qualify for leave again. And the amount you get is based on the amount you claim in taxes in the previous 52 weeks. Kinda complicated to explain. My employer gave me 6 weeks of full pay after baby was born and that was it

My mom and I run our own store, so I doubt I'll get any paid time off, unless of course January makes lots of $. ha!

I think am getting 6 weeks off not sure about the pay yet my bosses only employees 4to 5 people its a small lodge we will talk more about it as time gets closer they are really great tho so no complaints here

wow your poor ladies here in NZ the government pays you %80 of your wage up to a certain point for 14 weeks (if you have been in employment for 6 months) and if you don't qualify for that they give you a pay out of a couple grand. Your employer also NEEDS to keep your job open for 12 months if you want to come back.

I'm quite lucky I work at home looking after other rug rats so I can just take a littlee while off to get BFing sussed then get back to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->