January Jelly Beans 2014!

Goldstns- under the fmla you are granted 12 weeks total... unpaid. That can start before delivery if your doc thinks you need it. But yes- ti l you have your six week checkup after delivery you generslly cant return to work. Need your docs ok or you're a liability to your job.

I'm in Australia. There's an option of taking an 18-week parental week, paid at the standard minimum wage for 18 weeks. However, I'm unsure whether I could qualify given that I'm only doing casual work right now.

We have a dec/jan babies fb group, if you'd like to join pls on me :)

Yes, the US Maternity laws are really lacking from what other countries have. All we are is guaranteed 12 weeks leave without pay like SBinRI said. So basically you can be off 12 weeks without loosing your job. If you get paid leave, it's really dependant on the company you work for. I currently work for the government and we don't have any specific maternity leave so we just have to use whatever leave we have accrued. Currently I get 4 hours Sick Leave (SL) per pay period and 6 hours of Annual leave (AL)/pay period and I can theoretically carry over 240 hours of AL a year and SL can be carried over as well (no limit there). Unfortunately for me, I had my son two years ago and never really started accumulating much leave after that. I actually went into negative leave having him (you can use any leave that you would accrue that year - Advanced Leave) so it was awhile til I was accumulating anything there and on top of that I've had to take quite a bit of leave for him being sick these past few years. So needless to say, I'll be lucky if I have a full 6 weeks saved up. But I'm hoping my boss will work with me like he did last time and I'll be able to work from home part time a couple of weeks before I come back full time. :thumbup:

I have been silently stalking this thread, but I wanted to pop on for some support. I am going in tomorrow for my first official OB visit (I went in two weeks ago for a viability/reassurance ultrasound) and I am kind of freaking out. I had a mmc in October and that was incredibly traumatizing for me. And now, even though my visit two weeks ago showed a perfectly sized little nugget with a perfect heartbeat, I am so scared to go in tomorrow and have something be wrong. The miscarriage really messed up my thinking and now I am so scared of having it happen again. I still have symptoms and I am still feeling pregnant, but my mind just goes to the worst possible scenario. Are any of the rest of you going through this too?

I have been silently stalking this thread, but I wanted to pop on for some support. I am going in tomorrow for my first official OB visit (I went in two weeks ago for a viability/reassurance ultrasound) and I am kind of freaking out. I had a mmc in October and that was incredibly traumatizing for me. And now, even though my visit two weeks ago showed a perfectly sized little nugget with a perfect heartbeat, I am so scared to go in tomorrow and have something be wrong. The miscarriage really messed up my thinking and now I am so scared of having it happen again. I still have symptoms and I am still feeling pregnant, but my mind just goes to the worst possible scenario. Are any of the rest of you going through this too?

I can understand what you're going through.. I've the same concerns myself. I've got my scan appointment this Saturday and I'm freaking out too.. I too still have symptoms but my fear overrides my logical thinking most of the time. Don't worry about tomorrow. You'll see your perfect little baby with strong heartbeat :) Do post pics tomorrow.

I can understand what you're going through.. I've the same concerns myself. I've got my scan appointment this Saturday and I'm freaking out too.. I too still have symptoms but often my fear overrides my logical thinking most of the time. Don't worry about tomorrow. You'll see your perfect little baby with strong heartbeat :) Do post pics tomorrow.

I've had 2 m/c at 5 1/2 weeks so I perfectly understand you! I'm 11 weeks and have had great u/s so far but I'm still nervous- it's perfectly normal. Hang in there :)

Want2bemommy your a lime well two limes :) congrats !!!!

Mal I think we have ll felt nd still feel what your feeling :hugs: hang in there Hun

Had some spotting today. Kind of scared, but my doctor said this happens to some women when the placenta takes over. Going to call my doctor's office tomorrow to check in with them about it. Hoping it doesn't continue.

I found the heartbeat with my Doppler!! It was so amazing to hear it that I cried like a baby! It was a nice strong 167 bmp. :) I know there's no true point where you're completey out of the woods, but I'm feeling so much more confident about this pregnancy now that I'm 10 weeks with a strong baby hb!

Hey ladies! I notice a lot of you have gotten dopplers, what brand and type did you get? I'm interested in getting one :)

Spotted a little brown :( have to wait until Thursday to see my dr hope it's nothing but am freaking out

Spotted a little brown :( have to wait until Thursday to see my dr hope it's nothing but am freaking out

Remember brown blood is old blood. It's always scary when you bleed old or new blood. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->