January Jelly Beans 2014!

Well, after feeling dreadful & having my first vomit of the pregnancy yesterday, today I've felt a lot better! The nausea is still there, but very much in the background.

Which instead of making me think 'wow I'm happy I feel better!' It makes me think: 'WHY do I feel better? Are my hormone levels dropping? Is everything okay in there?! Arrrgh!!'

8+3 - too early for a Doppler & not eligible for an early USS. Stressful times

xxxxxx

Well, after feeling dreadful & having my first vomit of the pregnancy yesterday, today I've felt a lot better! The nausea is still there, but very much in the background.

Which instead of making me think 'wow I'm happy I feel better!' It makes me think: 'WHY do I feel better? Are my hormone levels dropping? Is everything okay in there?! Arrrgh!!'

xxxxxx

If you only were sick for one day it might have been something other then pregnancy... like food poisoning or flu. I think you are fine! I just got a doppler and used it for the first time at 9+3. It worked, but took a while to find the heart beat (found mine a lot). I think a small trick to to have a full bladder.

Hello, i've requested to join the fb group, but is this difficult if security settings are high?? X

xxxxxx

If you only were sick for one day it might have been something other then pregnancy... like food poisoning or flu. I think you are fine! I just got a doppler and used it for the first time at 9+3. It worked, but took a while to find the heart beat (found mine a lot). I think a small trick to to have a full bladder.

No, it was definitely MS!!!!! Trust me, there's a huge difference. I had HG last time and I became quite the expert. The worst one being if you have say norovirus (which I copped for in April - lovely) when you vomit, immediately afterwards, my word, you feel SO MUCH BETTER! (For maybe 5 minutes!!!!) but with MS you puke, and frankly you may as well not have bothered. You feel just as rough as you did.

In my last preg I found the FH with a Doppler at around 8+5 BUT they moved me forward 8 days at my dating scan so that will have ACTUALLY made me (does the maths...) 9+6. Which is like ages away!!!!!!! And I have a feeling they might put me back this time .....

So I guess I've gotta be patient and hope that the MS peak yesterday wasn't caused by my hormones spiking as they were trying to compensate for something :cry::cry:

Not that there's anything anyone could do if that WAS the case

Gah, how do you ladies keep yourselves from going nutty with worry?!?!

I had my ultra sound yesterday and it was amazing!!! The baby grew so much in a week I couldn't believe it. Heart rate was 168 and baby was measuring exactly 8 weeks!

Today however I had some pink spotting followed by brown spotting/discharge and some very minor cramping. I called the MD and they said that is sounds normal and could be from the ultra sound. Did any of you have a similar experience? Was everything ok? I am just so nervous! ARGH!

If it was a TV ultrasound then it's very possible it caused the spotting. Try not to worry (easier said than done I know!!!)

If it carries on, ring your doc back

xxxx

It was a TV!!

I had my ultra sound yesterday and it was amazing!!! The baby grew so much in a week I couldn't believe it. Heart rate was 168 and baby was measuring exactly 8 weeks!

Today however I had some pink spotting followed by brown spotting/discharge and some very minor cramping. I called the MD and they said that is sounds normal and could be from the ultra sound. Did any of you have a similar experience? Was everything ok? I am just so nervous! ARGH!

If it was a TV ultrasound then it's very possible it caused the spotting. Try not to worry (easier said than done I know!!!)

If it carries on, ring your doc back

xxxx

It was a TV!!

Awww well I hope you're slightly reassured :hugs:

Ellie- I'm feeling similar to you- I've had no morning sickness yet apart from slight nausea and having to wait weeks for a scan even though technically I should be eligible for an early scan but I don't think I'll be getting it.

I'm just taking reassurance that I have some symptoms like nausea and bigger boobs and trying to be thankful that I'm not suffering horribly with MS!

Just got back from my doc appt. He didn't even check out my downstairs since I was just there for me appt a couple months ago. That was a pleasant relief, I know, I know, I have to get used to his hands being down there a lot, but it's always nice to be expecting it and then not have it.
He spent almost an hour answering all sorts of questions -hubby came with a list out of the book I got him for Father's Day - "The Expectant Father", LOVE HIM! He wanted to know if there was a best way to prepare himself to coach me in delivery etc. I know it's early to be thinking about that day, but I was so happy to have him asking all these questions. :) Doc said that the hospital doesn't have any rules about laboring in the bed, I can walk, squat, whatever I want, and he doesn't push medicated or natural, he said that when it comes to delivery he prefers to act as a midwife until I decide that I want/need more. So it was a great appointment and he was able to find the HB pretty quickly with the dopplar. He said it was between 160-170, so all is great over here!! :cloud9:
He said that he could feel the top of my uterus and it would be popping over soon. I'm already too big for many of my pants in the belly, but that's because of bloat. I've put on 2 lbs so far, mostly because food is the best anti-nausea thing I've found. It'll be nice to have the actual bump to even it out. Hope everyone has a good day!:flower:

Melanin that all sounds lovely!!! And it's nice to hear about a doc who has respect for midwifery skills - that's exactly what you need :)

Can't wait till I can get Doppler out myself :) :) :)

Ellie- I'm feeling similar to you- I've had no morning sickness yet apart from slight nausea and having to wait weeks for a scan even though technically I should be eligible for an early scan but I don't think I'll be getting it.

I'm just taking reassurance that I have some symptoms like nausea and bigger boobs and trying to be thankful that I'm not suffering horribly with MS!

Awwww I wish I had the bigger boobs symptom! Unfortunately that passed me by last time too .... *sigh*

Hello everyone :) my edd is 16/01/14 woo! Well I haven't had my scan yet so will update once I know for sure :D I have a dd who is a big 1 next month! And now baby #2 on the way so excited, I honesty haven't had any symptoms except for the first 2 weeks I had the lot nausea tiredness sore boobs headaches etc but now I feel fine nothing except for the odd mild stomach pains you usually get. This however is worrying me a little. Anyone else had no symptoms ? I'm definitely pregnant. I took 2 tests one at 13dpo and the test line was darker than control line!! (Couldn't believe it) and then again a week later. Any help would be appreciated :) thanks ladies

Will add you to front page :flower:

Hi All!
Jan 12th here :)
I've been stalking this thread for a while but only just posting.
This is my first and as much as I try and suppress it til the scan a week on Monday, I'm starting to get excited! We had some drama with bleeding early on, so we saw 'Cleatus' (the foetus!) at 5 and 6 weeks, but that seems ages ago!

Hi everyone. I have just joined this forum. I'm Larna and due my first baby on 24th January. Super excited :)

Will add to front page also.

Please PM me if I've missed anyone.

Melann glad your doctor is letting you call the shots at delivery and your hubby that is so sweet that he is o into it do they sell a copy in Spanish lol congrats Hun

Is the facebook group private?? I am just wondering I want to join, but I haven't announced or told anybody yet so I don't want them to find out by what i am posting in the group!!! :winkwink:

Hi everyone. Hope you have all had/are having a good day.

Tonight was tough as it was friends 30th and I think i'm the only one who stayed sober! Couldn't use my usual driving excuse as we are all staying over night so got a few suspicious glances as i'm usually the one who is cracking open the champagne :haha:

Only people who know are our best friends but i'm sure after tonight the rumour mill is going to go into overdrive as most people know we had been talking about kids for a while.

Is the facebook group private?? I am just wondering I want to join, but I haven't announced or told anybody yet so I don't want them to find out by what i am posting in the group!!! :winkwink:

If you read back to the first ever post it says to add that lady on Facebook and she will add you to the group which is private so none of your friends etc will see you post.

melann, thanks! How exciting that you are making a change as well!

Ellie, I actually had two days in a row where I was hardly nauseous at all. That changed, though. I threw up for the first time today. The nausea has been horrible, but today was the first day to go all the way. Ick. Doc told me it will get worse before it gets better most likely. Fun days ahead.

Update: We had our first u/s today and it was wonderful! Finally, I don't have to reign in the excitement! Can't wait to get the reactions from family tomorrow. We have been married for 8 years and together for 13 so you can imagine we've had a lot of questions about when we would start a family. HB was 168 and measured at 7d6w. Doc said to stay with the due date of 1/28/2014!

Hello girls,
I've my scan due at today at 10w5d as my previous scan showed hb to be a little on the lower side. Am really tense about it. Keeping fingers crossed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->