January Jelly Beans 2014!

My doctor never said anything about a NT scan so I don't know if she even does them. I could have probably asked but it's too late now. She's on vacation and won't be back for a few weeks. My next appointment will be on July 19th when I'll be 14+4 so I'll definitely be past the window of opportunity. :) But that's ok. I'll get blood work done later that tests for downs and things. Besides the only reason I'd even want it would be to just see my bean! ;)

My first appointment is in about an hour. Im so excited! I know she wont try to find the heartbeat etc but still. It'll just make it more real!! My lack of regular symptoms makes me anxious. Normally id have some nausea or something. I know.. just enjoy it.

I'm so sorry to hear about Welsh and Tezzy. :hugs: Best wishes to you girls and I hope you get your sticky bean soon!!

ASM, I just got hone from my appointment but I did not have an ultrasound! He tried the Doppler and said if we couldn't hear the heartbeat on that, then we would have an ultrasound. We heard a nice strong heartbeat, thankfully! I'm bummed we didn't get a scan but thrilled to hear a nice strong heartbeat. My dr told me that my next scan will be 17 weeks for my full anatomy scan. It seems like everyone has a 12 week scan, so I just thought for sure I would have one. Oh well!

Lindsay, I see you are in the US and I don't think its unusal that you aren't getting a 12 week scan. My doctor is the same way. I got a scan at when I thought I was 9 weeks (Turns out I was 8) and I won't get another until 19/20 weeks. So you'll get yours sooner than I will!! :) Most of the ladies with 12 week scans are in the UK and are getting their scans for the first time. But it really is Doctor dependent and some give more scans that others!Glad you got to hear the heart beat though! That's always nice. I can't wait for my appointment on the 19th to hear my beans! :)

I'm in the US and getting a 12 week scan. And it's my first one. :shrug:

Probably depends more on the doctor and practice rather than country.

I'll be getting my NT scan on the 22nd July. It doesn't matter to us whether they have downs but we would want to be prepared if they do.

My first appointment is in about an hour. Im so excited! I know she wont try to find the heartbeat etc but still. It'll just make it more real!! My lack of regular symptoms makes me anxious. Normally id have some nausea or something. I know.. just enjoy it.

Good luck :) x

I had the NT scan done last week and it was awesome. Whatever we found wouldn't have made a difference but I wanted to see my baby again. It was awesome! She let us hear the heartbeat and it was just amazing. After she made us a disc with pictures and 4 videos on it. <3

vtjess423 said:
Lindsay, I see you are in the US and I don't think its unusal that you aren't getting a 12 week scan. My doctor is the same way. I got a scan at when I thought I was 9 weeks (Turns out I was 8) and I won't get another until 19/20 weeks. So you'll get yours sooner than I will!! :) Most of the ladies with 12 week scans are in the UK and are getting their scans for the first time. But it really is Doctor dependent and some give more scans that others! Glad you got to hear the heart beat though! That's always nice. I can't wait for my appointment on the 19th to hear my beans! :)

I'm in the US and getting a 12 week scan. And it's my first one. :shrug:

Probably depends more on the doctor and practice rather than country.

Well hence my point about "Most" and I did say that it's very doctor dependent. I was just trying to make her feel better that she's not the only one not getting a 12 week scan. :thumbup:

I am a girl who got 3scans within 10+weeks. (The doc only sent me the second 2times) I wanted to go frequently just to see my baby. Then my radiologist told me that doing ultrasound frequently is not good. it need be done only when indicated. He said although not documented,its not yet 100%sure whether doing frequent scans is harmless.

So dear girls who are still waiting for the scans,don't worry. Its good for us only

PS: he told me if possible,wait till 20weeks for my next scan ;-)

Makes sense .. even tho scans use sonar vs radiation. So glad things are digital now too. I have xray looking films from my first child (who is now 9 1/2) and theyre def not as cool as the printouts. The level of detail is amazing now compated to 10yrs ago!!

Hi Ladies. Just wondering if anyone else around 10 weeks pregnant feels ok this week? I've only had a small amount of queasiness this week and I don't look pregnant as much anymore. I feel way less bloated during the day and it is kind of freaking me out. Honestly, I feel pretty good most of the time. Anyone else feeling this way?

Hi Ladies. Just wondering if anyone else around 10 weeks pregnant feels ok this week? I've only had a small amount of queasiness this week and I don't look pregnant as much anymore. I feel way less bloated during the day and it is kind of freaking me out. Honestly, I feel pretty good most of the time. Anyone else feeling this way?

Me! I'm 10 weeks on Sunday and I'm feeling a lot better these past few days than I have been. So grateful that the MS seems to be easing off :)

Me! I'm 10 weeks on Sunday and I'm feeling a lot better these past few days than I have been. So grateful that the MS seems to be easing off :)

Did you feel this way with your previous pregnancies?

I think I did with DS, I remember that I felt a lot better nearing the end of first tri. With DD I was sick the whole way through.

I know all is well as I had a scan on Wednesday and heard bubs on my doppler this morning.

I think I did with DS, I remember that I felt a lot better nearing the end of first tri. With DD I was sick the whole way through.

I know all is well as I had a scan on Wednesday and heard bubs on my doppler this morning.

Thank you!! I appreciate you responding to me. I feel like I need reassurance all the time. :)

I did too even up to a few days ago but it's back I never really had severe ms but it comes and goes now some days worse than others, I too began to freak out

Are any of you ladies getting backaches/ headaches ? I think the headaches are bc of the heat but my back has been aching for a bit now :shrug: must be baby I hope so at least

I am a girl who got 3scans within 10+weeks. (The doc only sent me the second 2times) I wanted to go frequently just to see my baby. Then my radiologist told me that doing ultrasound frequently is not good. it need be done only when indicated. He said although not documented,its not yet 100%sure whether doing frequent scans is harmless.

So dear girls who are still waiting for the scans,don't worry. Its good for us only

PS: he told me if possible,wait till 20weeks for my next scan ;-)

I think it's a good idea to limit the scans as well since no one knows for sure if it can cause harm. For me really though, I don't have much of choice besides doing what my doctor says. The u/s places around here require a doctors referral to even get in. There are a few (very few) places where you can get private scans but they are expensive. And the ones I've looked in to won't even take you until you 16+ weeks though they recommend much later for better viewing.

I did too even up to a few days ago but it's back I never really had severe ms but it comes and goes now some days worse than others, I too began to freak out

Are any of you ladies getting backaches/ headaches ? I think the headaches are bc of the heat but my back has been aching for a bit now :shrug: must be baby I hope so at least

I've been getting occasional headaches.

Hope you're feeling more comfortable soon Lucy :hugs:

Home! Appt went great. Scan is sched for Wed. Doc is questioning my dates as my last af was brown and spotty. Add in my lack of symptoms now and she thinks I coukd be 13!! I doubt it as im very aware of o... but whatever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->