January Jellybeans 2013!...

Sorry to change the subject, but do your pregnancy symptoms come and go or are the constant? I have had 2 scans once at 5w6d and at 6w6d and heard the heartbeat both times, and go again on thurs, but it makes me nervous still! I think I need to stop reading google and about missed miscarriages.

mine come and go! Don't worry!

Lauren they come and go Hun don't worry :hugs:
I've just eaten 2 packets of salt and vinegar crisps (chips in US) and I'm feeling really guilty now, is that really bad? Not exactly healthy is it, too much salt?

lauren- my symptoms come and go as well and that is totally normal. AND STOP GOOGLING!! it causes more stress than anything! everybodies experience are different so you can only go off of whats going on with you :flower:

mama- im sorry things arent looking as they are progressing like they should:hugs: your levels are a positive! do you have another scan scheduled? Maybe your beanie is just a slow grower....

This may sound weird, but I'm wondering if anyone else feels like this?

Any time I curl up in a chair (knees to my chest or similar), I feel like I'm going to squish the baby! It's crazy - I now have to sit like a normal human for fear of crushing my uterus :haha:. Anyone else worried about this?

This may sound weird, but I'm wondering if anyone else feels like this?

Any time I curl up in a chair (knees to my chest or similar), I feel like I'm going to squish the baby! It's crazy - I now have to sit like a normal human for fear of crushing my uterus :haha:. Anyone else worried about this?

haha not exactly, but i am very careful when i lay down or sit down so i dont "dislodge" the baby by accident... crazy i know but you can never be too careful!

lauren- I also realized to NOT read the sad story titles on here either.... im trying everything in my power to stay positive bc the odds are with us at this point!

Hi I'd like to join! I am due Jan. 19th and that makes me 6wks 5days. :) After 16 months and one loss, we are finally pregnant!:)

lauren- my symptoms come and go as well and that is totally normal. AND STOP GOOGLING!! it causes more stress than anything! everybodies experience are different so you can only go off of whats going on with you :flower:

mama- im sorry things arent looking as they are progressing like they should:hugs: your levels are a positive! do you have another scan scheduled? Maybe your beanie is just a slow grower....

Sorry to post sad news in here. Didn't mean to worry any of those who are waiting for scans and I hope I have not.

Mama - This is a support group whether we have good news or unfortunately bad news to share, so don't feel bad hun :flower: fingers crossed for Wednesday for you :hugs:

Workin - Hi and congrats to you :flower:

What are you all doing for the Jubilee Weekend? - We are having a Street Party :happydance::happydance:

:hugs:

X

Sorry to post sad news in here. Didn't mean to worry any of those who are waiting for scans and I hope I have not.

no no no, dont appologize, thats not what i meant in my statement above.... im talking about threads that are the heart wrenching ones that you know for a fact will just freak you out. We are here for you to support hun, i didnt mean to come off that way. And its not bad news yet, so keep your head up!

Workin- Welcome! Congrats on the long waited beanie!! :happydance:

I cannot understand why they haven't given you an internal. I have a retroverted uterus and the doctors I see don't ever bother with an abdominal at this stage. I would be furious! You can see and measure things much more accurately with an internal. I have had a lot of scans, probably nearing 50 now and the docs I have seen would never give me measurements based on an abdominal. I would go for a repeat scan elsewhere if I were you, maybe a private one to put your mind at rest? Was there a heartbeat? You need accurate dates and to know if everything is present according to dates, you are in no man's land! Big hugs to you, sorry youre going through this x

Had my scan this morning. Did not go well. The whole experience was just bad. They had a student dr perform my abdominal scan and said an transvaginal would not make a difference at this point. The dr last week was so great did a transvaginal and said it makes all the difference at this point. Especially with a retroverted uterus.

Anyways, she put me back at 6w2d. And said at the last scan there was no yolk present. Okay so what was the glowing white ball?? Anyways she was being all positive saying that there's a yolk now and lots of growth since last week and it's great blah blah blah. U must just be off on your dates!

I know for a fact I ovulated on April 26. And got my first Bfp on may 5th, not much room there for dates to be off. Feeling pretty down and just think they are delaying the inevitable, only to eventually tell me a D&C will be required due to blighted ovum. Which the last dr did say could be a possibility.

The only slight hope I have is that I can tell there was growth Even with my naked eye as on the abdominal scan last week it was just the tiniest dot within the sac that's why she did transvaginal after. This time on the abdominal scan I saw the "diamond ring" clear as day. so it's not that everything has stopped growing. But just that I know we should see wayyy more at this point :(

Edit: just got the call that my levels went up to 27,464 from 12,000 last week. My body really is playing cruel tricks on me!

i told Hubby usually for early scans they do it vaginally and he didnt like that idea. Hes like "lets just get the abdomen one" even tho i said you can see things alot better. He said he only wants "his man parts" going in that area especially with our baby in there... im like HAHAHAHAHA OMG what a FREAK!:haha:

i have a funny feeling he thinks anytime somthing goes up our "wahoos" we find it pleasuring.... little does he know.... :haha:

Had my scan this morning. Did not go well. The whole experience was just bad. They had a student dr perform my abdominal scan and said an transvaginal would not make a difference at this point. The dr last week was so great did a transvaginal and said it makes all the difference at this point. Especially with a retroverted uterus.

Anyways, she put me back at 6w2d. And said at the last scan there was no yolk present. Okay so what was the glowing white ball?? Anyways she was being all positive saying that there's a yolk now and lots of growth since last week and it's great blah blah blah. U must just be off on your dates!

I know for a fact I ovulated on April 26. And got my first Bfp on may 5th, not much room there for dates to be off. Feeling pretty down and just think they are delaying the inevitable, only to eventually tell me a D&C will be required due to blighted ovum. Which the last dr did say could be a possibility.

The only slight hope I have is that I can tell there was growth Even with my naked eye as on the abdominal scan last week it was just the tiniest dot within the sac that's why she did transvaginal after. This time on the abdominal scan I saw the "diamond ring" clear as day. so it's not that everything has stopped growing. But just that I know we should see wayyy more at this point :(

Edit: just got the call that my levels went up to 27,464 from 12,000 last week. My body really is playing cruel tricks on me!

I think it sounds like a crap doctor's office. There have been too many mistakes made and I would go hunting down a new and better one. I have a feeling it isn't your body playing cruel jokes but rather a screwy staff. :hugs: Hoping that everything will be fine. You should demand a transvaginal one if you stay with them. I would complain that they are skimping on treating a patient right. It's just ridiculous!

ok ladies, so Hubby and i havent BDd since we got our BFP. Im too scared too!! i dont want to cause myself to spot etc bc i know itll stress me out and freak me out. But iv been feeling so sexual and wanna hop in bed with hubby ASAP but im scared (i know it wont cause a MC, but im just afraid)

what do you guys do? Advice?

Lol about your hubs and the internal scanning little j! I think mine was a bit freaked out at first but now he's just in the room and doesn't even think about it! :rofl:

No :sex: for me in the first tri but that's to be ultra careful in my case. It's actually perfectly safe as long as you feel ok with it.

Thank you Filipino and sassymom. I k ow you ladies are right and I'm also thinking this. Unfortunately. My own OBGYN won't see me till later on. Right now I am seeing the early complications pregnancy clinic at the hosp. They have rotating obgyn's. Mine is actually scheduled to be there next wednesday so that is who I will see.

I was actually crying asking her to please please do an internal so we could see more and get some type of reassurance. Even just to have an accurate comparison if what was seen last time. I hadn't even had a drip of water to drink as I was late that morning getting DS ready and completely forgot plus I thought they'd go straight to do a transvaginal. So not an ounce of water in my batter and she still refused. I did not like her one bit. She flat out refused and said I would have to come back next week and internal wouldn't show much. The student dr literally placed the probe on one spot on my stomach and didn't move it from side to side nor even push down for better viewing angles. I didn't even feel it move it just sat there. I am very unhappy with the service I received at this visit. And do think especially within an early complications pregnancy clinic they should be taking extra precaution and using transvaginal scans to ensure the most accurate Results for us patients in limbo. Unfortunately at this point that is the place I am stuck going to.

Thank you Filipino and sassymom. I k ow you ladies are right and I'm also thinking this. Unfortunately. My own OBGYN won't see me till later on. Right now I am seeing the early complications pregnancy clinic at the hosp. They have rotating obgyn's. Mine is actually scheduled to be there next wednesday so that is who I will see.

I was actually crying asking her to please please do an internal so we could see more and get some type of reassurance. Even just to have an accurate comparison if what was seen last time. I hadn't even had a drip of water to drink as I was late that morning getting DS ready and completely forgot plus I thought they'd go straight to do a transvaginal. So not an ounce of water in my batter and she still refused. I did not like her one bit. She flat out refused and said I would have to come back next week and internal wouldn't show much. The student dr literally placed the probe on one spot on my stomach and didn't move it from side to side nor even push down for better viewing angles. I didn't even feel it move it just sat there. I am very unhappy with the service I received at this visit. And do think especially within an early complications pregnancy clinic they should be taking extra precaution and using transvaginal scans to ensure the most accurate Results for us patients in limbo. Unfortunately at this point that is the place I am stuck going to.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this! :hugs: It would seem as if the doctor in training needs a little more ... apparently she fell asleep in class a few too many times. How irritating. Hope things are better with your next scan. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->