January Jellybeans 2013!...

I've been thinking (probably wayyyyy too much) about how we're going to tell people, and after we've had our 12 week scan we're going to tell family and a couple of really close freinds, then a few days later we're going to put up a facebook status along these lines (because I'm known for my baking) with the scan pic:

"Charlie is undertaking her most complicated recipe yet, with the help of DH as sous chef. I will be baking this special bun for a long time, I will post updates as it progresses, but expect to see the finished results in late January!"

I was thinking of keeping it short and sweet, Mel is up the duff?

Sorry your husband is away for such a long time allie :hugs: we will have to keep you company instead:) can't be easy for you, can't imagine the worry too. :hugs: hopefully it will go quickly for you x

I've been thinking (probably wayyyyy too much) about how we're going to tell people, and after we've had our 12 week scan we're going to tell family and a couple of really close freinds, then a few days later we're going to put up a facebook status along these lines (because I'm known for my baking) with the scan pic:

"Charlie is undertaking her most complicated recipe yet, with the help of DH as sous chef. I will be baking this special bun for a long time, I will post updates as it progresses, but expect to see the finished results in late January!"

My friend did something like that but said it nice and simple.

Preheat Oven: 40 weeks.
Insert Bun.
Set Timer for: December 5th 2012.

My friend did something like that but said it nice and simple.

Preheat Oven: 40 weeks.
Insert Bun.
Set Timer for: December 5th 2012.

Thats really cute! I might steal that! :)

I'm a keen baker too and always posting pics on facebook of my creations! This sounds a great way to do it!
Think we're going to tell all our friends and family (who don't already know) as soon as the scan is done. Then eventually put it on facebook. I might do some teasing before this, along the lines of 'mr and mrs snow owl are planning a baking session, who wants to see pics? '

I'm a keen baker too and always posting pics on facebook of my creations! This sounds a great way to do it!
Think we're going to tell all our friends and family (who don't already know) as soon as the scan is done. Then eventually put it on facebook. I might do some teasing before this, along the lines of 'mr and mrs snow owl are planning a baking session, who wants to see pics? '

Thats cute too... how about "charlieo is baking, yes again, i never seem to stop these days!"

littleJ what is the red cabbage gender test???
so i did that red cabbage gender test for fun and i got a fuschia color which leads me to think boy! Since pink/red=boy and dark purple means girl. If its right id be so happy with a boy first (really id be happy with any baby as long as they are healthy as can be!) :thumbup::winkwink:

its where you take red cabbage. Cut it in half and take that half and cut it into cubes or smaller pieces. Boil some water on the stove for 10 min. Turn off the heat and add the cut RED cabbage and put on a cover. (youll want enough water to atleast cover the cabbage) let the cabbage sit on the hot water covered for about 10 minutes, then you drain the cabbage KEEPING THE cabbage water. Itll be like a dark blue color. You then go and pee in a cup. once the cabbage water has cooled for a bit (20 min or so) then add equal parts cabbage water and pee. If the color is red/pink=boy if the color is purple=girl. Its just for fun but has worked out well for alot of women.... but they say its best to do it before 10 weeks

I was thinking of keeping it short and sweet, Mel is up the duff?

My other friend had one that was really simple a sweet she said

"My tummy is a house, haha!" and had a ultrasound pic from her 12 week ultrasound it was simple, adorable and humorous.

I've really been feeling like I'm building a baby these last few days! The nausea is like when you've been on too many rides and you know that feeling when you couldn't possibly eat anything!? I only seem to have about 2 hours in the day when I can eat and enjoy it but I have to eat slow and drink lots of water. I'm cramping mildly which I find reassuring and my boobs hurt! So happy to have symptoms! Sometimes late at night I get this flu type feeling in my body for hours and then it goes by morning. Anyone else? Oh and my tiredness is overwhelming too, anyone else very fatigued even when they've had enough sleep? X

I've really been feeling like I'm building a baby these last few days! The nausea is like when you've been on too many rides and you know that feeling when you couldn't possibly eat anything!? I only seem to have about 2 hours in the day when I can eat and enjoy it but I have to eat slow and drink lots of water. I'm cramping mildly which I find reassuring and my boobs hurt! So happy to have symptoms! Sometimes late at night I get this flu type feeling in my body for hours and then it goes by morning. Anyone else? Oh and my tiredness is overwhelming too, anyone else very fatigued even when they've had enough sleep? X

I get that feeling every night too! It starts right around dinner time. My poor husband has been having to prepare, serve and clean up dinner!

I get that feeling every night too! It starts right around dinner time. My poor husband has been having to prepare, serve and clean up dinner!

Ha me too jro! He's like Ive got to pull my weight too and I'm thinking well I haven't actually done anything today!! Glad I'm not on my own with the flu thing xx

my tiredness isnt as bad as it was last week.... i mean i still need to crawl into bed early but i dont need my faily naps like i used to. My BBs still hurt, and i fet queezy during the day and now noticing it in the morning also. I ALWAYS have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom to pee. Even when i get right before bed and dont intake many liquids before bed either. So annoying! Cramping has slown down, i mean i feel a random twinge here and there and maybe a mild cramp but nothing to rave about

Ha me too jro! He's like Ive got to pull my weight too and I'm thinking well I haven't actually done anything today!! Glad I'm not on my own with the flu thing xx

HAHAHA! When I had the bleeding and went for the emergency u/s, the nurse said "maybe you're just over doing it" and she looked at my husband and said that I need to take it easy... he and i both laughed because we both know I have been spending more hours on the couch in front of the TV than anything! hHAHAHAHA! This morning he didn't have lunch made for work and he said "God, I can't wait til you are back in commission" hahahaha!

Im shattered by 1pm everyday and need a Nana nap.. then Im still asleep by 11.. Im waking up a lot in the night ..x

Im shattered by 1pm everyday and need a Nana nap.. then Im still asleep by 11.. Im waking up a lot in the night ..x

I wake up a lot during the night too... it sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->